• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

The fuck happened to this thread. We're supposed to be better than this. It's like we're not progressive at all.

I know losing Stro and Pepsi and Liquid is tough, but let's keep our standards high and celebrate women's wrestling, even if I strongly support non-binary designations for gender, women have been stepped on and held back for far too long.

Are you referring to those creepy basement matches?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You know how gay people sometimes marginalize bisexual people because they're not gay enough? They could totally do an angle like that with Adam Rose bi-bashing Fandango for not being homosexual. WWE likes to court organizations like GLAAD, after all, and they could raise awareness of internal homophobia with an angle like this.

Problem is, wrestling has shown it has no concept of nuance or subtlety, because the audience just can't handle it usually.

Are you referring to those creepy basement matches?

Basement...matches

dream

Oh, I'm sorry for the ambiguity. By "choice," I was referring to his decision to come out publicly.

I'm not sure what Data West was referring to when he deployed the same word......................................................................................................................

Basement...matches

They are still sports entertainment. I'm sure that's what the performers tell themselves, at least.

Going back to the wins/losses discussion in regards to basement matches, they're all lose-lose. But they are still a breeding ground for future champions.

DSC_6437_crop_340x234.jpg

My quick search didn't return an actual pic of Rollins wrestling in a basement, but a RoH pic suffices.

dream

My period key got stuck. I certainly was not implying anything with an elongated set of ellipses................................................................................

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm sorry, choice?

Being gay isn't a choice.

Eh, I know plenty of gay people who didn't come out until they had multiple kids and think it is even more ignorant to assume that a person can't control their sexual desires if they want to. Human willpower beats all base instincts. This is not a value judgement at all, mind you, as I don't care what anyone does between the sheets, so long as it is consensual.

They shouldn't have to hide if they don't want to either.

Data West needs to read Alucard's treaty and stop aiming to make libelous statements about innocent members trying to have a fruitful discussion about this great sport.

Here you go, Titus......................................................................

13400919.gif

Thanks! ......................................................................

Kaiterra

Banned
I don't see the problem people have with Kane and Big Show. They're in great shape for wrestlers from their era....I mean seriously, how many other guys from the late 90's do you know that can go out there on a full schedule every week?

Sure, they're not what they used to be, but they're still reliable hands and can put over people from mid-card to main event and not really be hurt by it.

I enjoy what Big Show and Kane bring to the WWE in 2015.

They weren't particularly exciting wrestlers for very long after their debuts back in the day and their characters are dull and repetitive. Every so often they'll luck into someting good but then they're lame just as quick and despite that they're among the most protected dudes at times when they shouldn't be.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Eh, I know plenty of gay people who didn't come out until they had multiple kids and think it is even more ignorant to assume that a person can't control their sexual desires if they want to. Human willpower beats all base instincts. This is not a value judgement at all, mind you, as I don't care what anyone does between the sheets, so long as it is consensual.

Well, I'm sure you agree that actually BEING gay isn't a choice. I'm sure we're all in agreement of that, and that the decision to come out or not fuck other dudes is a decision. But you are who you are.

I ain't mad at chu but I wanna say this reasoning kinda stinks :[

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Well, I'm sure you agree that actually BEING gay isn't a choice. I'm sure we're all in agreement of that, and that the decision to come out or not fuck other dudes is a decision. But you are who you are.

People are born into all parts of the spectrum, indeed. Still lots of room for learned behavior though but the heart wants what the heart wants.

¡HarlequinPanic!;160155472 said:
I ain't mad at chu but I wanna say this reasoning kinda stinks :[

All I am saying friend is that people can choose to be whatever they want to be, damn the conditions of their birth. Willpower triumphs all. I honestly don't care about gay/straight/anywhere in between. Of course some people are born gay. I've seen it myself. Doesn't mean they have to limit themselves to that label if they don't want to. That's all.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I will never understand threads made about the content/quality/legacy of a game on like the first day it releases.

Some games do show their true worth one way or another almost immediately. Very few though. Taking time is usually for the best when it comes to these things.

Kaladin

I remember when games couldn't be patched. When if you released a game with a game breaking bug (I'm looking at you WWF No Mercy), you had to fix it in later copies.

I remember when going gold used to mean something. That you had a finished, playable product.

I miss those days.

Bryan should drop all the dumb risky dives and start wrestling like Minoru Suzuki.

When Booker T does his in-ring interview to ask him "D. Brine, dawg, why you so angry lately man? What happened to all the positivity and flying in dah lights?"

Bryan responds "Booker my gotdamn neck is hanging on by a thread and I'm pissed off that I can't do what I used to so now I'm just gonna kill people and win titles."

"Man...." responds Booker T, utterly shocked by the attitudinal change of what used to be one of the WWE's most positive superstars.

Daniel Bryan went on to main event 5 Wrestlemanias having numerous lengthy World Title runs in the process.

Nothing was ever the same.

Thorakai

Some games do show their true worth one way or another almost immediately. Very few though. Taking time is usually for the best when it comes to these things.

There is that and the fact that most people would be actually playing those games and not making meaningful contributions to the discussion. Might as well wait like a week at least to give people time to experience the game and gather their thoughts.

If the game is broken in some capacity though then feel free to make how ever many threads necessary.

dream

Except Suzuki senpai's background is that of a legit shooter who pioneered shooting. Daniel Bryan's background is...Ring of Honor Professional Wrestling. This isn't 1993 anymore, when we could buy Taz as a legit shooter. Fans know phonies because they know what real shooting is.

Ultratech

pepsi being banned has me on edge

I'm worried on who might be next... :(

I will never understand threads made about the content/quality/legacy of a game on like the first day it releases.

*shrugs*

Last gen and current gen (as well as any Bethesda game) has taught me to rarely get a game on Day 1 anymore.

I remember when games couldn't be patched. When if you released a game with a game breaking bug (I'm looking at you WWF No Mercy), you had to fix it in later copies.

I remember when going gold used to mean something. That you had a finished, playable product.

I miss those days.

Yup. Those were the days.

You got a game and that was it, bugs or glitches be damned!

Except Suzuki senpai's background is that of a legit shooter who pioneered shooting. Daniel Bryan's background is...Ring of Honor Professional Wrestling. This isn't 1993 anymore, when we could buy Taz as a legit shooter. Fans know phonies because they know what real shooting is.

There's nothing that could turn someone into a legit shooter quicker than not being able to do what you love to do.

They could even cross promote the turn with him being a complete prick to Brie Mode on Total nonsense Divas. He could, like, force her to buy non-vegan foods. In a stern voice. Before killing his former buddies ThatDemonKane and Dolf Ziggler. What an asshole. The hero we need right now.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
They should have just brought him back the day after Mania 31. That way he would have had plenty of time to heal and Reigns probably would have been the champion without the crowd turning on him as much as they have.

Damn, you just made me realize Daniel Bryan is indirectly responsible for Seth Rollins being WWE Champion. Thank you, Bryan.

Bryan should drop all the dumb risky dives and start wrestling like Minoru Suzuki.

When Booker T does his in-ring interview to ask him "D. Brine, dawg, why you so angry lately man? What happened to all the positivity and flying in dah lights?"

Bryan responds "Booker my gotdamn neck is hanging on by a thread and I'm pissed off that I can't do what I used to so now I'm just gonna kill people and win titles."

"Man...." responds Booker T, utterly shocked by the attitudinal change of what used to be one of the WWE's most positive superstars.

Daniel Bryan went on to main event 5 Wrestlemanias having numerous lengthy World Title runs in the process.

Nothing was ever the same.

I love all of this. You are a cool dude.

Touching tribute of Warrior from Vince himself.

Not gonna lie, Vince is showing his age like crazy over here. Can't blame him though.

Daredevil is a great show. Just finished watching the second episode.

Totally lost my shit when Matt said
"When the italians folded."

That means
Frank Fucking Castle did some work.

Hope I'm right. I hope I am.

dream

I love all of this. You are a cool dude.

Touching tribute of Warrior from Vince himself.

Not gonna lie, Vince is showing his age like crazy over here. Can't blame him though.

First, lol@that video ending with an ad for the Ultimate Warrior DVD.

Secondly, when Vince extols the virtues of living life "the Warrior Way," I'm hoping Vince didn't mean we should live life litigiously, racistly, or homophobically. I hope he merely meant we should cheat to get ahead.

pepsi being banned has me on edge
What did they say to get banned?

I will never understand threads made about the content/quality of a game on like the first day it releases.

I assume you regard reviews that come out before/on/around when a game releases the same then?

tumblr_nmtnzmAcND1tmp11ro1_1280.jpg

DLC PLEASE!!!!!!!!

El Rey should get NetherRealm to do a LU game ala Furious 7 version of Forza Horizon 2.

Great way to reuse assets and get something out the door quickly. Make it standalone DLC, promotes both LU and Mortal Kombat X.

Top Bottom