• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

f7vYpkl.gif

Who is this?
How does that work anyway.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Yeah thats a Summerslam match and he wanted to give that match away with no build on a taped Raw.

I've long had the belief that Vince only cares about planning Wrestlemania and otherwise lets the chips fall where they may. Even with Mania, the planning seems to amount to "Let's do Lesnar vs. Reigns for the title" without any real idea of how to get there.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Funny thing, the Sexy Star/Pentagon Jr feud is actually one of the best booked feuds in America right now. I don't think it gets the praise it deserves because it seems subtle compared to a lot of the more bombastic feuding going on in Lucha Underground, but it's the best because it's about the chase. It's some Ripley booking. The whole thing with Sexy Star saying she's not afraid of Pentagon Jr but she never tries to fight him. She'll attack him from behind, she'll yell at him from out of the ring, but she won't go in and face him. It gives her confidence and makes the feud interesting yet at the same time it proves one thing, she IS afraid no matter how much confidence she has. It makes Pentagon Jr look like some final boss shit because you get just from how Sexy Star interacts with him and how he interacts with others that he will fucking kill her as soon as she actually does get into the ring, so the most she can do is try to stop him without trying to wrestle him.

It's actually the booking I would have given Bryan vs Brock had they gone that route.

Nothing I disagree with here, I like it too. When you're right, you're right.

tm24

Funny thing, the Sexy Star/Pentagon Jr feud is actually one of the best booked feuds in America right now. I don't think it gets the praise it deserves because it seems subtle compared to a lot of the more bombastic feuding going on in Lucha Underground, but it's the best because it's about the chase. It's some Ripley booking. The whole thing with Sexy Star saying she's not afraid of Pentagon Jr but she never tries to fight him. She'll attack him from behind, she'll yell at him from out of the ring, but she won't go in and face him. It gives her confidence and makes the feud interesting yet at the same time it proves one thing, she IS afraid no matter how much confidence she has. It makes Pentagon Jr look like some final boss shit because you get just from how Sexy Star interacts with him and how he interacts with others that he will fucking kill her as soon as she actually does get into the ring, so the most she can do is try to stop him without trying to wrestle him.

It's actually the booking I would have given Bryan vs Brock had they gone that route.

The real kicker to the feud is that when she finally gets into the ring with him and fights him, she'll do it with cero miedo. It's fucking genius!

The real kicker to the feud is that when she finally gets into the ring with him and fights him, she'll do it with cero miedo. It's fucking genius!

speaking of that will someone tell striker that is what Pentagon hand sign means. it not 3 up, 3 down. i dont even know what that means

Thorakai

I don't like sexy star fighting males. Granted she's way better than any wwe diva.

The last episode I watched had Big Rick vs Sexy Star and up to that point the intergender matches weren't much to write home about. The commentators can harp about equality in 2014/2015 all they want, the matches still maintained the status quo of female wrestlers not being anywhere in the same league as male wrestlers. Barely any back-and-forth momentum to the matches, any hit by a male might as well be a finisher, women winning feuds only with the aid of other male wrestlers, some actual molestation during that Ivelisse match with Angelico. Just felt like something to cater to people that get off on woman beating rather than something to empower women. Showing women in positions of weakness is not always bad, but you balance that out with more even match-ups too.

Don't know if things have gotten better since then. Still need to catch-up like I said.

NoRéN

Is El Rey the only way to watch Lucha Underground?

Are they on anything like Hulu?

Unimas if you don't mind the commentary being in spanish. Airs on Saturdays at 4 or 5pm.

They do upload the main events to youtube I think.

Getting him ready for mocap
tumblr_nmu0yxUZiv1tmp11ro1_540.jpg

I've never seen King Cuerno before LU, but he's really got the presence thing down to a tee.

Cuerno is legit intimidating in person.

Well fuck. That actually hurts. I thought that was some real spur of the moment, heart on your sleeve thing.

Seriously? Thats what wrestling was in the 80's. A big part of the audience didn't have cable and would only see promos when they can to town. Almost everything was done every place they hit on the tour.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Don't talk about Territories, or I'll just start getting mad again about all wrestlers now just wearing their t-shirt as entrance/interview attire.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I think I don't have enough exposure to traditional lucha because there doesn't seem to be a lot of a psychology to it.

This fits with stuff I've heard about lucha. Like X-Pac on Austin's podcast talking about working in Mexico and saying exactly that. There's no psychology to it at all.

Top Bottom