• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

Yup, got a few months severance. Very above and beyond of them. It's rough. Last week we were doing some training in preparation for some of the changes, and I had this nagging feeling of, "Where do I fit in in all of this?"

I have a good network of connections. Taking it easy for the rest of the week/end. Enjoy some beers, going to Toronto to hang out with some friends/family then get at it on Monday.

Did a computer take your job? Did you get a watch and/or a kick in the butt?

Verendus

Banned
Bryan news is disappointing if it affects his career. It almost looked like the main event scene was slowly freshening up with him, Reigns, Seth, and maybe a couple different people in the future. He'll be a big loss if this is the end. You do what's best for yourself at the end of the day though.

Ultratech

Yup, got a few months severance. Very above and beyond of them. It's rough. Last week we were doing some training in preparation for some of the changes, and I had this nagging feeling of, "Where do I fit in in all of this?"

I have a good network of connections. Taking it easy for the rest of the week/end. Enjoy some beers, going to Toronto to hang out with some friends/family then get at it on Monday.

That sucks to hear, but it sounds like you're taking it pretty well.

Best of luck to you!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Reminder of Beef's fame:

uPTDW.jpg

Sorry man, good luck.

Bryan news is disappointing if it affects his career. It almost looked like the main event scene was slowly freshening up with him, Reigns, Seth, and maybe a couple different people in the future. He'll be a big loss if this is the end. You do what's best for yourself at the end of the day though.

That's what he gets for beating Batista though.

#BatistaCurse
#AnimalInstincts
What's funny is that today's softass "wrestlers are human beings with feelings too, and all feelings are precious" wrestlinggaf culture would have eviscerated Beef for that.

I'm willing to own up to my past, unlike DMczaf

Ultratech

Cage is a goddamn machine.

Also, The Mack is pretty deceiving judging on looks.

Guy looks like he'd be like a brawler and slow as hell, but then he starts busting out Sling Blades and flippy shit and blows your mind.

dream

If we can rewind a few weeks, Sunflower, to the Hall of Fame, you may remember that I said

God, they are way overstating the belt being thrown in the trash thing.

and was very quickly told

To be fair, it was a pretty major deal back then. It also contributed to the whole Montreal thing and what not.

Actually, they aren't. It's a huge deal.

and

Yeah I do not think they are understanding that she showed up on the COMEPETITION the very next night and threw it in THEIR garbage on live tv

Do you remember that, Sunflower? It hurt. You and I both know that I know wrestling better than anyone who isn't named Boootaay, but for that evening--on WrestleMania weekend, no less--I had a moment of self-doubt.

Luckily, this week's Observer confirmed that my recollection of Madusa dropping the belt in the garbage can was correct:

Natalya did an introduction speech for Alundra Blayze. They played up more her throwing the belt in the garbage can, saying how a revolutionary act of defiance changed history forever. She tried to say that started the Monday Night War, although it started as soon as Nitro went on the air, and the big public shot was Lex Luger jumping to WCW the first week. She tried to portray her as the person who changed the course of sports entertainment forever. In reality it was a memorable moment far more years later. At the time, it was a story for a week and there were bigger stories before and after, and it had no bearing on history.

So then I started to wonder why everyone thought it was a big deal, when you, Heel, and I all remember it being the polar opposite. Luckily, Big Dave offers a theory that may explain it:

The rule is to have a woman inductee. Madusa (Debra Ann Miceli) inducted not so surprisingly as Alundra Blayze, a name she used in WWE but was not the name she was best remembered as during a long career that extended long past wrestling and into the monster trucks world, fit the bill here. But it was made clear that to get inducted, she would have to do a skit where she would pull the old WWF women's title belt out of the garbage can, to make amends for one of the stories WWE has been pushing as this major thing in its version of the Monday Night Wars history.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Maybe I haven't watched enough, but I appreciate the LU crowd is very excited without chanting 'WE ARE AWESOME' or 'JOHNNY NITRO'

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
With NXT wrestlers slowly being developed and brought up (rightfully so), along with top talent injured, quitting, retiring, or in decline (Bryan, Edge, CM Punk, Del Rio, Rey Mysterio, Henry, Kane, Big Show, and several others), I am all for bringing on a few more part-timers to keep momentum going forward while the future stars continue to make a name and take a hold of the main event (Rollins, Ambrose, Reigns, Wyatt, Barrett, Rusev, maybe Ziggler, etc)

Bring back Jericho, RVD, Dudleyz, and sign Samoa Joe. Also, hash it out with Goldberg and utilize him in some fashion to drum up excitement. This could be a good hold while we wait for Balor, Zayn, Owens, Itami, and others to get their time in the WWE.

Top Bottom