• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Kinda crazy how the only real "war" we have is NXT vs LU on Wednesdays.

They also wanted to bring in Jim Ross for the finale, but wouldn't work it out schedule-wise. With Rey available, I have a feeling they'll at least get a second season - just maybe with a slightly smaller cast. What I'd love is for them to strike a deal with a major retailer like Hot Topic for their merchandise.

Lum1n3s

They also wanted to bring in Jim Ross for the finale, but wouldn't work it out schedule-wise. With Rey available, I have a feeling they'll at least get a second season - just maybe with a slightly smaller cast. What I'd love is for them to strike a deal with a major retailer like Hot Topic for their merchandise.

That'd be pretty dope, I also heard they're trying to bring the Spanish version to Univision which would help out a ton with their viewer base.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The ISEC is the De Niro of sports fans
tumblr_nghslinhOe1svefdfo1_500.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I love WrassleGAF, even the people I pretend to hate. You're all good folks.

The fuck

Observer said:
Bryan was sent home after the Smackdown tapings due to being banged up. We don't know the extent of it, but he was being protected on the current European tour due to injuries and he's scheduled to get the injuries checked up on when he gets back home. He was doing trios matches instead of IC title matches with Barrett, which were originally scheduled. At press time it isn't clear if he'll be able to work at Extreme Rules, where he was to defend the IC title against Barrett. There was also a plan to do a Cena vs. Bryan match on Raw, which turned into Cena vs. Barrett as the sub. In his matches this week, he generally worked very little of the match, with his big spots saved for the very finish where he pinned Barrett with the Busaiku knee. He also didn't wrestle on Raw, only working a dark match and in that one he was in about a minute, and just did a backstage segment with Kane. On Smackdown, he did
work the main event, teaming with Cena, but Cena worked almost the entire match with Bryan just getting the hot tag and working through a finish
. I was told on a few shows he only did one bump and came in just for the finish. There was concern for him even before, with people worried because he was wrestling the same style as before, and he was coming off a near career ending neck injury, with the feeling that given his injury that his body was not going to be able to hold up for a long period of time without adjusting his ring style, and that he needs longevity because he's just starting to make the real big money.

Vince really just doesn't like hyping stuff up. That's like the 5th big money match I've heard of now that didn't wind up happening but that he wanted to do on a Raw without even advertising hype.

Vince really just doesn't like hyping stuff up. That's like the 5th big money match I've heard of now that didn't wind up happening but that he wanted to do on a Raw without even advertising hype.

That's because Vince doesn't think an IC-US title unification match is a big deal, even with Cena vs. Bryan. I mean, during the brand split, they had umpteen World vs. WWE title matches on RAW, and hell, they basically threw away the WWE-World title reunification on a random B PPV.

somedevil

The fuck

Yeah thats a Summerslam match and he wanted to give that match away with no build on a taped Raw.

KissVibes

Banned
Why Dana Brooke dressing like cosplay Beth Phoenix?

Soloman Crowe has just an absolutely awful look. His face always looks dirty and his hair makes it look like he is going super bald. I personally hate the kind of singlet he wears. Reminds me of stupid ass Tazz. The only singlet to be worn is the Kurt or RVD style. Lastly, it is regularly scheduled programming. Dummy.

JavyOO7

I wish Crowe success but I think the get up he has right now is doing him no favors, unfortunately. Same thing with Bull but I think he's being repacked into something else?

KissVibes

Banned
Not Charlie Haas looks stupid as fuck with his fake dog tag tattoos. He looks dumb as hell besides it, but it certainly is a big offender.

AND WHY IS ALEX RILEY (The character) STILL ALIVE? Dude sucks and got fucking destroyed and continues getting destroyed on social media.

Soloman Crowe has just an absolutely awful look. His face always looks dirty and his hair makes it look like he is going super bald. I personally hate the kind of singlet he wears. Reminds me of stupid ass Tazz. The only singlet to be worn is the Kurt or RVD style. Lastly, it is regularly scheduled programming. Dummy.

His costume is terrrrible. Is he that out of shape that he can't just wear trunks? Maybe try a vest or something.

Lum1n3s

Or the Cage style, he rocks it well.

Is Dana Brooke as bad as has been reported?

I'm assuming it's Dana Brooke, who looked awful at that San Jose NXT show.

Edit: and it is Brooke.

This was the first womans match I've watched on NXT begging for it to be over. Even though Blue Pants job is to job she deserves better. I hope Dana isn't going to be pushed to the top just based on her looks. Also Her before and after match poses are 2 minutes too long, only thing I like about her is the MGS2 Raiden cartwheel she does.

Ithil

It was weird to have all this hype up and video promos for Dana Brooke's debut when she's that much of a rookie, and not a good rookie.

KissVibes

Banned
Dana Brooke suuuucks.

Dressed like bootleg Beth Phoenix
Her "sexy" posing is just...dumb
Why does she bury Blue Pants face into her asshole ?
Her facials are bad; Selling of the kicks to her face even worse

I think it is smart of them to bring in former WWE talent to work NXT. Good way to get vets in there to help test the new talent. Although it seems a little silly these dudes would come back to chase the NXT title. Almost devalues the WWE titles and main roster.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Funny thing, the Sexy Star/Pentagon Jr feud is actually one of the best booked feuds in America right now. I don't think it gets the praise it deserves because it seems subtle compared to a lot of the more bombastic feuding going on in Lucha Underground, but it's the best because it's about the chase. It's some Ripley booking. The whole thing with Sexy Star saying she's not afraid of Pentagon Jr but she never tries to fight him. She'll attack him from behind, she'll yell at him from out of the ring, but she won't go in and face him. It gives her confidence and makes the feud interesting yet at the same time it proves one thing, she IS afraid no matter how much confidence she has. It makes Pentagon Jr look like some final boss shit because you get just from how Sexy Star interacts with him and how he interacts with others that he will fucking kill her as soon as she actually does get into the ring, so the most she can do is try to stop him without trying to wrestle him.

It's actually the booking I would have given Bryan vs Brock had they gone that route.

Alucard

Banned
Watching that Virus vs. Dragon Lee CMLL match that Boots recommended.

Lucha suicide dives seem so much more impactful than the stuff we see on the indies and in the WWE.

unjosUZ.gif

Finished the match and it was pretty good. I think I don't have enough exposure to traditional lucha because there doesn't seem to be a lot of a psychology to it. It's kind of cool that a match can end at any time, but the fans also sound quiet/surprised when a three count is hit in any of the falls because it seems to come out of nowhere. Doesn't build like North American or Japanese matches, but has more of a spot 1, spot 2, spot 3 flow to it. Still, this was a slower-paced match overall and I dug it. Nice to see the amount of submission work then put in the first five minutes of the match.

Top Bottom