• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

OG Vivian vs Claire Huxable in a steel cage match

who would win?

I got five dollars on Vivian Banks.
Agreed, but they'd probably make a great buddy cop team.
tumblr_mp8jpx78Kb1qb5u70o1_1280.jpg

Kaladin

Real Talk:

Damn tempted by Mayhem Fest $19.99 tickets to see Slayer and King Diamond, but I don't really want to deal with the hassle that is Mayhem just to see those two acts.

Plus, the cheapest parking in Atlanta is more than the cost of the ticket.

But $19.99 though......

Kaladin

I miss Brock

I miss the Brock that went out there every week and wrecked people till he got what he wanted, like we got Raw after Mania.

I don't miss the Brock who goes out there every week and lets Paul Heyman cut a promo about how much he respects his opponents while he stands there bouncing around periodically.

Alucard

Banned
I think I'm probably one of the worst fans to be around, as I'm one of those I LOVE WRESTLING SECRETLY fans. Where I'll happily discuss it on the internet and not in public with friends, but if we're out and about and wrestling convo starts I'm all "Yeah..." and distancing myself.
I should probably change that and just embrace my hobbies and interests without shame.

Best fans to be around?
It is the marks, they make you believe again. They're just enjoying the show and don't care about anything else happen - they're so damn happy.

It's weird talking about wrestling in public, especially with people who aren't already fans. I feel awkward doing it if the subject ever does come up. Mostly just talk about Hogan, Macho, Austin, and The Rock. The subject of it being fake inevitably comes up, and I try to change their minds about that end of it at least.

Anyone watch the road to dontaku show? Anything worth catching?

Guys were saying good things about it a couple of pages back. I'll definitely be watching it at some point this weekend.

DMczaf

I miss the Brock that went out there every week and wrecked people till he got what he wanted, like we got Raw after Mania.

I don't miss the Brock who goes out there every week and lets Paul Heyman cut a promo about how much he respects his opponents while he stands there bouncing around periodically.

It's obvious we got that Brock because of contract negotiations.

Now we have Real Ass Brock. Wrecking fools, gettin suspended, sitting at home...awwwwww hell yah!!!

More TNA problems

- One production team member was told by the company that the checks were cut on 4/3, but 14 days later, nobody had received them yet.

- Production workers were not paid for the U.K. tour in late January until early this month, and claimed that, on average, the workers were shorted an average of $1,000 on pay for that tour.

There had been similar issues with late payment to the production people last year, which came to a head at a TV taping where things were finally settled.

In addition, Josh Eldridge, TNA's Content Manager for Digital and Social Media gave his two weeks notice and will be leaving the company for an outside off

TNA having issues paying people again?

Christ. I wonder how long that company will be around for... but then I remember I have been asking that for the last 3 years and they somehow find a away to keep the lights on

Heel

I knew TNA was cooked the moment 38 year old Bobby Lashley signed a long-term extension with Bellatoe to get punched in the head for money.

Havok has a string of hilariously pro-TNA tweets from this morning that are essentially "NO HATERS" and shut up and just enjoy it and all this terrible nonsense.

TNA's had so long to try and get better, only gotten worse, and they're a blight on the wrestling world.

Kaladin

Best thing about TNA?

They still make my favorite hats:

black-truck.jpg

Seriously haven't found a better low profile trucker hat.

Damn cheap too, less than $7.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Dana Brooke is aight, not fond of the posing or whatever, but she has the strength so I'm sure she'll get better.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Dana Brooke is aight, not fond of the posing or whatever, but she has the strength so I'm sure she'll get better.

ISEC always has an issue with Divas moreso than male wrestlers. They love to pick them apart at a very early age :/

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I mean for chrissakes it was her debut match and she did more than say Corbin or Dempsey did in their first.

And while they get a lot of shit, it's nothing compared to the scrutiny Dana Brook is receiving.

Leva didn't do a great job with Dana, to be fair. She could have sold better, but that's always been one of her weaknesses. Leva has a good upside, but she's never been the total package on the indies and shouldn't be free from criticism because of that indie background. Meanwhile, Dana was wrestling her second singles match. There's a lot of time for her to learn.

Almost as if people forget NXT is for developing talent. Trips has spoiled to THE fans with Indy talent

People,forget but it took Charlotte and shasha 2ish years to get as good as they are.

Kaladin

Dana Brooks just feels extremely green, and extremely rushed to capitalize on the obvious push she got from the Arnold Classic.

She feels like she needed more time, even more than Dempsey and Corbin.

Kaladin

Almost as if people forget NXT is for developing talent. Trips has spoiled to THE fans with Indy talent

People,forget but it took Charlotte and shasha 2ish years to get as good as they are.

We haven't forgot.

But they do need to take more time with some people before putting them on TV.

It's not like FCW anymore where it was only seen by select members of the ISEC and people in a small area of Florida.

This is the next level, and they're beginning to advertise it as "not just developmental anymore".

its is telling that they are going after guys like Uhaa nation, briscoes and joe but here nothing about them going after Mia Yim, Athena, Canadian ninjas or even Blue pants.

Zach

Dana Brooks just feels extremely green, and extremely rushed to capitalize on the obvious push she got from the Arnold Classic.

I don't really see that. I mean, we've barely even seen her in the first place... I thought the hype videos were a little annoying, but whatevs. I'll still give her a fair shake. If she's exactly the same two or three months from now, though... eeeehhh.

Cagey

Banned

Seriously. Isn't NXT where wrestlers in WWE are supposed to get the more time that they need? If not NXT, then where?

Based on how fans are coming to see NXT, it's almost as if NXT needs to be advertised as part-Triple A, part-alternative brand, and then have another network show for the "real" developmental.

Kaladin

Sooooooooooo.... create something below NXT level?

Typically, that is what the Florida house shows are for.

They got Shoot Nation long before appearing on TV, Dana Brooks wrestled in FL a few times before being on TV, Corbin wrestled longer matches while still wrestling half minute squashes on TV.

The Florida house shows are the real developmental.

Top Bottom