• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

jmdajr

OTM_ELIZAB_00001988_0089-381133717.jpg

If we are contining to have the wrestling t shirt talk.... I have kind of wanted one of those basic NJPW shirts for a while. Just a basic shirt with the logo on the front.

njpw1.gif

I really like that logo. But the whole stigma around wrestling shirts and the fact I actually know next to nothing about NJPW other then they have a sweet logo put me off.

WWE.COM: You became a prominent name on the indies pretty quickly. Is there anything you credit your rapid progress to, whether a rivalry, an opponent or competing in a specific organization or country?

UHAA: It’d definitely have to be competing in Dragon Gate Japan. Over there, we’d sometimes wrestle six times a week, and l learned from those guys, who took me in like family. Whenever I went there, my skills just improved. By the time I left, I was completely different; I wrestled completely different. Japan was definitely the place that helped me fine-tune my skills. My first tour was with Neville, Ricochet and Rich Swann, and those guys really helped me out. Dragon Gate USA (DGUSA) was actually what gave me the opportunity to go to Japan, so after Japan, I got the opportunity to wrestle in England, Germany, Scotland, the Netherlands. I did it in just six years. Of course, the United States, too. For me being here [at the Performance Center], I definitely credit Dragon Gate Japan. And leaving there was a bittersweet thing because I’d made such close connections with people. It was sad to leave, but at the same time, they were happy for me, and I was happy I got to take the next step in my career

just casually name dropping Ricochet

Alucard

Banned
Ziggler dropped the term "brony" on Smackdown this week. He also said he was going to "stretch" Sheamus so much that Sheamus would kiss his own arse.

Neville had a good showcase match against Sheamus too.

While I don't doubt some people are harsher on the NXT womens match due to their gender, it was a bad match and they tried to build her up the whole show as a big deal. My biggest problem was with the commentary during the match as Graves just kept talking about her looks.

They built NXT into too big of a thing to let totally green workers go out there. They know this and that's why they seem to have so much more interest in indie talent that probably wouldn't have gotten a chance 2 years ago.

somedevil

just casually name dropping Ricochet

I bet some in WWE are hoping that Lucha Underground doesn't get funding for a second season so they can get another shot at signing him.

Plus Meltzer on Daniel Bryan's book:

Been reading @WWEDanielBryan 's book. Thus far honesty level feels way above most WWE books.

Tons on pre-WWE days. My copy is 302 pages. Gets to WWE page 159.

So over half of it is on his Indie days. Though it seems AJ has been edited out.

edited: How do these British Indie promotion have the money to make that match?

WWE has been ok with mentioning indies and New Japan when its appropriate. Like after signing a big indie name or something. Or when talking about guys like Bryan and CM Punks past.

Really its only TNA that they pretend doesnt exist.

FyreWulff

WWE has been ok with mentioning indies and New Japan when its appropriate. Like after signing a big indie name or something. Or when talking about guys like Bryan and CM Punks past.

Really its only TNA that they pretend doesnt exist.

The closest they've gotten so far was mentioning Sting's TNA NWA title as canon (they only said NWA)

And Cena's promo during the "cena might get fired" angle where he said he was going to go down south and get right back on television.

I bet some in WWE are hoping that Lucha Underground doesn't get funding for a second season so they can get another shot at signing him.

Plus Meltzer on Daniel Bryan's book:

So over half of it is on his Indie days. Though it seems AJ has been edited out.

dont know but ishii and AJ are on the card as well

B_VaeBYVEAAH35A.jpg

Alucard

Banned
D-Bry's book is out? Nice. Looking forward to more thoughts on it.

Edit: Ah, just a Meltzer review so far. Likely a preview press copy.

Smackdown was pretty eventful this week IMO. Crowd seemed dead quiet, though.

If we are contining to have the wrestling t shirt talk.... I have kind of wanted one of those basic NJPW shirts for a while. Just a basic shirt with the logo on the front.

njpw1.gif

I have that shirt. It is a good one.

bought these two shirts

I really like that logo. But the whole stigma around wrestling shirts and the fact I actually know next to nothing about NJPW other then they have a sweet logo put me off.[/QUOTE]

wtf guys!

neS5Og4.gif

Jason Statham

he's come a long way

klonere

Banned
And while they get a lot of shit, it's nothing compared to the scrutiny Dana Brook is receiving.

my issue is her mannerisms are.....interesting. I thought we were past the whole "being a sexual object as the primary part of a women's wrestler", I get it that she's coming from a more "you can't have this, I'm probably stronger than some of the male wrestlers etc etc" pov which is empowering and all but she's still a little full on. I'm sure she'll get better and I already dig her finisher

Kaladin

Daniel Bryan's book is out in late July. Must be preview copies.

Can't wait to read the first 158 pages.

You're assuming they're not run by money marks who don't mind losing the cash.

But also, sometimes, Japanese wrestlers like to combine a vacation and working on indy shows, so there could be a discount. Also, thanks to various Japanese wrestlers doing their excursions in England, it's also seen as a bucket list kind of thing.

However, it's far more likely just a money mark.

klonere

Banned

Edit: Ah, just a Meltzer review so far. Likely a preview press copy.

what did you think of the ending to Neville Sheamus, seemed pretty weak to me for such a good match. Thrown on the announcers desk seems lame as a DQ :(

KissVibes

Banned
The closest they've gotten so far was mentioning Sting's TNA NWA title as canon (they only said NWA)

And Cena's promo during the "cena might get fired" angle where he said he was going to go down south and get right back on television.

He was obviously talking about FCW.

NoRéN

njpw1.gif

I really like that logo. But the whole stigma around wrestling shirts and the fact I actually know next to nothing about NJPW other then they have a sweet logo put me off.

My girlfriend buought a shirt like this at Wrestlecon. Baseball t-shirt type with the 3/4 sleeves. I really liked how it looks.

Top Bottom