• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

RP912

Banned
CDOCiyAVEAAzu-_.jpg

not bad...even though I wish it was lethal/kota

I wish I understood why people are so into Grado. He's just godawful. I honestly think it's a cultural thing as it seems all Europeans by and large love the guy, and Americans just don't fucking get it.

I really think you need to see him live to appreciate him, dude has IT. Seriously one of the most charismatic wrestlers I've ever seen and his in-ring skills are improving. Not sure if he can ever be more than a comedy wrestler in the US, though.

Alucard

Banned
Why? Tanahashi is so many levels above Elign it's not even funny.

People hate Elgin and they were lukewarm towards Tanahashi last year at the Toronto show. Tanahashi will be a super face in this match. I just hope Elgin doesn't embarrass himself.

Lethal vs. Naito and Cedric vs. Okada both sound really good, though.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Honest to goodness I'd be infinitely more psyched for Global Wars if Elgin wasn't on the goddamn card at all. Every match he's in makes me feel like it's a huge waste of NJPW talent.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If Elgin pins Naito, it'll be worse than Arquette winning the WCW title.

It'll be wrestling d-day.

Every time I see Okada he looks like he's aged 5 years. Dude needs to lay off the tanning beds and drugz

Nekofrog

Banned
I guess it did, but I'd like to think Gene would have appreciated the manner in which they did it -

Nope. Gene was adamant that his vision of a human eutopia with no internal conflicts among the crew due to humanity's "evolved" nature be enforced at nearly every corner.

Tbh Gene's vision of Star Trek is pretty garbo

RP912

Banned
By ROH standards Elgin has name value. As they run more shows having guys that are known outside of super-hardcores is important.

It would make sense if Elgin ran with the hatred towards him and use it as a gimmick. Do uncanny shit like destroying some of the fan favorites in ROH or even ripping Tanahashi to shreds, but that would be a face move to some people :/.

ZO93ZDk.jpg

Solid main event. Matt-o's face, fucking hell, lol.

Nope. Gene was adamant that his vision of a human eutopia with no internal conflicts among the crew due to humanity's "evolved" nature be enforced at nearly every corner.

Yes, but Gene wasn't around to deal with the changing culture of the late 90's. Star Trek needed edge and, if forced in that direction, I'd like to think Gene would be appreciative of the job they did with DS9.

Tbh Gene's vision of Star Trek is pretty garbo

It was kinda dumb, but it served as a base for speculative science fiction stories where the sci-fi was the focus, rather than personal, human drama. Mainly, because Earthlings had their shit together and were presented in this extreme ideal of an enlightened human race.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I can't get motivated for that main event, though. "People who used to work here and sometimes still do vs people who work here"

ACH vs Nak
Briscoes vs Okada/Nak
Styles vs Cole (assuming this happens)

Only matches I really care about. And Styles vs Cole doesn't count as ROH vs NJPW

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
lKVl5eS.jpg

Dream match, though.

Yes, but with better wrestlers.

sigh...that is a dream match.

Fuck the Bullet Club these days though. It's like the nWo in that it's played out and done, but they want t-shirt money.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
You take that back, 4 is pretty fun. 6 isn't bad for the first 20 minutes or so, either.

Edit: oh snap, I guess I'm a member now. Only took me a little over a year! ::kicks aside eggshells::
I haven't seen episode 1 or 6 and I have little desire to.

Fuck the Bullet Club these days though. It's like the nWo in that it's played out and done, but they want t-shirt money.

Just wait until they splinter into Bullet Club Black and Bullet Club Red, or one group that calls themselves Bullet Club, the other BizCliz. 2sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet, etc.

*crotch chop*

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I was watching some indie in Mexico and Pentagon Jr grabbed a glass bottle, smashed it on the ground, grabbed a shard and started stabbing the dude with it. FREEDOMS, give me Kasai vs Pentagon
Yes, but with better wrestlers. /databait

No bait, AJ Styles is a better wrestler than anyone in the NWO. Too bad the rest of Bullet Club is a bunch of Virgils.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Just wait until they splinter into Bullet Club Black and Bullet Club Red, or one group that calls themselves Bullet Club, the other BizCliz. 2sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet, etc.

*crotch chop*

I'd actually like that. Bullet Club Full Metal Jacket and Bullet Club Hollow Point.

I greatly enjoy Styles, The Bucks and Kenny Omega but don't really care to see the rest of the Bullet Club ever again. Probably would be easier to keep the Bullet Club a thing if you just oust AJ instead of splintering it as whichever group gets Styles will probably be viewed as the bigger deal.

I wish I understood why people are so into Grado. He's just godawful. I honestly think it's a cultural thing as it seems all Europeans by and large love the guy, and Americans just don't fucking get it.

For me he's just a ton of fun. Very charismatic and everything about the way he looks says he shouldn't be a pro wrestler but against the odds he's made it so maybe it's kind of a DBry type Cinderella story, except that Grado doesn't really shine in the ring. I watched the 'The British Wrestler' documentary that Vice did which just made him seem like an even nicer guy.

If it helps I feel the same about Randy Orton, I just don't get it, cause to me he's a bit of a sleeping pill. But loads of American folks seem to adore the guy different strokes I guess!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
No one in NJPW this year has done anything to show me that they're going to have an amazing year yet. Some quality matches obviously, but like if you were to ask me about the best workers/most improved of 2015...

None of them come anywhere close to Okabayashi, Yuji Hino, Kento Miyahara, or Hideki Suzuki. BJW and DDT are shitting all over NJPW for me right now and AJPW is on the rise if they keep booking consistent quality matches. Takagi, Horiguchi, and Akiyama got to be the best bookers going right now. I have no idea who books BJW Strong division. I know Ito does the death match stuff.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Culture Shock with Corey Graves is up on the Network - someone tell me how it is!

Top Bottom