• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Cautiously optimistic that the new Star Wars flick will be good.

I'll go see it. Like 3 weeks after it comes out and on a weekday afternoon, but I'll actually go out of my way to see it.

That's more than I can say for any Marvel movies. Mad Max will be way better though.

CDNsrRuWEAAL03u.jpg

klonere

Banned
Realistically, who else could he feud with?

Big Show pretty much does all the talking for the feud anyway.

post WM they should have put some fresh faces in the Authority for new matchups and voices but no, we are stuck Show and Kane

Tye Dillinger and Jason Jordan have their themes mixed up surely, lol.

Catching up on some NXT.

Jason Jordan's new theme is horrific and I hope they change it!

Who's in Decade? Genuinely never heard of this team before.

It started out as a group with Whitmer, Jimmy Jacobs, and Roderick Strong who had all been with ROH for 10 years and were tired of not being respected by the young uns. Then Strong broke off and feuded with Whitmer in a match no one cared about and Jacobs left to go write for WWE. So now its Whitmer and Adam Page, who was their 'young boy' trainee.

Sephzilla

Big Show feud is like those bullslhit college courses you have to take in order to graduate.

You know what pisses me off more than that? Teachers who teach those required courses who act like their class is a high and mighty class that is super important, when in fact nobody would be there if it wasn't required.

Toki767

You know what pisses me off more than that? Teachers who teach those required courses who act like their class is a high and mighty class that is super important, when in fact nobody would be there if it wasn't required.

That's Big Show and Kane in 2015 to a tee.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
LU made me appreciate that the Perros Del Mal shirt is absolutely a top tier wrestling shirt.

Could be up there with the NWO tee and Diesel sweatshirt

On Star Wars, I group ROTJ with the prequels. It's not worse than them, but it's as bad.

XenoRaven

The only entertainment I got out of Episode 3 was laughing at parts you weren't supposed to laugh at. I embarrassed my friends at the theater when Anakin got his legs cut off because I just couldn't contain myself anymore.

Toki767

As someone who only saw all of Star Wars a year ago, I would rate them as

5 > 4 > 6 > 2 > 3> 1

2 and 3 are pretty interchangeable to me, but I gave the nod to 2 just because we got to see Yoda fight for the first time.

The pacing on Episodes 1-3 were so awful though.

Sephzilla

Oh, Bo saying that Episode 1 was the best was priceless. Sad that the audience didn't react all too much to it, but wow. Glad that Bo is back.

Weird thing is I could actually see the logic behind someone saying that episode 1 is the best prequel. Part of what trips up the other 2 prequel movies are that Lucas keeps trying to fix his mistakes. I wouldn't say Episode 1 is the best prequel, but it does have the best lightsaber fight.

As someone who only saw all of Star Wars a year ago, I would rate them as

5 > 4 > 6 > 2 > 3> 1

2 and 3 are pretty interchangeable to me, but I gave the nod to 2 just because we got to see Yoda fight for the first time.

The pacing on Episodes 1-3 were so awful though.

This is me being a full on nerd, but Yoda even using a lightsaber feels completely contradictory to his character.

JavyOO7

Never seen any Star Trek movies besides the ones by JJ Abrams. I can't believe he is directing the new Star Wars movie. Good for him I guess. I've only seen episode 4 though.

Sephzilla

Since we're on Star Wars/Trek talk, I want to shoot for a moment

Trekkies have the thickest nostalgia goggles of any fandom I've personally seen and they make Star Wars fans look like nothing. Trekkies hate on JJ Abrams for having the audacity to make Star Trek movies entertaining again, after a solid fun of 10 straight Trek movies where over half of them were bad.

Heroman

Banned
So then they just don't know what Star Wars is period.

Eh some kids might have watched the clone wars show on cartoon network. and , I think is fuckin cool that there is going to be a new era of star wars for kids, while people hate the prequels It has made to of people fan of star wars.

Sephzilla

Eh some kids might have watched the clone wars show on cartoon network. and , I think is fuckin cool that there is going to be a new era of star wars for kids, while people hat the prequels It has made to of people fan of star wars.

Agreed on this, I hope a lot of young kids have the same fun experience I had the first time I watched Star Wars.

Disney is going to make so much fucking money this year it's insane.

I'll say it once and I'll say it again: Trekkies have convinced themselves that Star Trek is some deep, cerebral SF with a bunch of social commentary, moralizing and other such crap when in reality the only series that even kinda approaches this is TNG. TOS is just dumb pulp SF most of the time and it made total sense to see it evolve into what we saw in the Abrams films.

Eh some kids might have watched the clone wars show on cartoon network.

It was on like 8 AM on Saturdays with little to no advertisement after the first season or so, so I'd say they didn't.

Sephzilla

I'll say it once and I'll say it again: Trekkies have convinced themselves that Star Trek is some deep, cerebral SF with a bunch of social commentary, moralizing and other such crap when in reality the only series that even kinda approaches this is TNG. TOS is just dumb pulp SF most of the time and it made total sense to see it evolve into what we saw in the Abrams films.

In terms of social commentary and relevance TOS was pretty good about this for its time. TOS is pulp sci-fi now because a lot of the social issues that show touched upon aren't really relevant in this era. TNG and the later seasons of Deep Space 9 are respectable on the cerebral front. It's really the movies and Voyager that brought the franchise way down.

Trekkies have the thickest nostalgia goggles of any fandom I've personally seen and they make Star Wars fans look like nothing. Trekkies hate on JJ Abrams for having the audacity to make Star Trek movies entertaining again, after a solid fun of 10 straight Trek movies where over half of them were bad.

They hate on Abrahms because he had zero respect for the universe or for Roddenberry's vision of what Star Trek should be. The producers wanted a flashy sci-fi action film that would simultaneously tug at people's nostalgia while never being daring enough to do anything that might potentially alienate certain demographics. They were safe, insipid and, ultimately, very, very dumb movies. Abrahms is a fucking hack, but that's not to say Trek was perfect before he got his hands on it - it wasn't and you aren't likely to find any fan who's so diehard obsessive that they love steaming turds like Star Trek Insurrection, Enterprise or the majority of Voyager.

TOS is just dumb pulp SF most of the time and it made total sense to see it evolve into what we saw in the Abrams films.

Nah, fuck that. The reason TOS was "pulp" sci-fi was because many of the scripts were written by notable science fiction writers of the time, many of whom got noticed because of their stories being published in pulp magazines. They may have been trashy, over-simplified and, at times, entirely obtuse, but the recurring theme was one of speculative science fiction, which the Abrahms movies have NOTHING in common with.

Sephzilla

They hate on Abrahms because he had zero respect for the universe or for Roddenberry's vision of what Star Trek should be. The producers wanted a flashy sci-fi action film that would simultaneously tug at people's nostalgia while never being daring enough to do anything that might potentially alienate certain demographics. They were safe, insipid and, ultimately, very, very dumb movies. Abrahms is a fucking hack, but that's not to say Trek was perfect before he got his hands on it - it wasn't and you aren't likely to find any fan who's so diehard obsessive that they love steaming turds like Star Trek Insurrection, Enterprise or the majority of Voyager.

I've face-to-face talked to people who said they thought Generations, Insurrection, and Nemesis were more entertaining movies than Trek 09 or Into Darkness, and kept a straight face the entire time. There are people are that die hard obsessed. And lets be real, the respect for Roddenberry's vision died way before JJ touched the franchise. DS9 really shattered the optimistic & progressive Roddenberry vision of the future but was an entertaining as fuck show despite this. Voyager shit on the dead corpse of Roddenberry's vision while seasons 3 and 4 of Enterprise tried in vain to revive a dead corpse.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads

that and professors that put books that they have written into the syllabus and of course you have to buy it because you need to do a paper on it. smh

I agree with Bootaaay that Abrams is pretty mediocre. I haven't watched his ST films but MI3 and Super 8 weren't anything to write home about which is why I don't have very high hopes for his Star Wars movie. It will probably be very serviceable but nothing beyond that.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

It was on like 8 AM on Saturdays with little to no advertisement after the first season or so, so I'd say they didn't.
Clone Wars did fantastic ratings actually.

Top Bottom