• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

Heroman

Banned
I'll say it once and I'll say it again: Trekkies have convinced themselves that Star Trek is some deep, cerebral SF with a bunch of social commentary, moralizing and other such crap when in reality the only series that even kinda approaches this is TNG. TOS is just dumb pulp SF most of the time and it made total sense to see it evolve into what we saw in the Abrams films.

It was on like 8 AM on Saturdays with little to no advertisement after the first season or so, so I'd say they didn't.

It got huge advertisement for it whole run and it was the four or fifth season that was move to Saturday morning and even than got big ratings.

CDN7_JTW4AAUlvr.jpg

CDNwoaWW8AAEttV.jpg

Sephzilla

JJ's 2009 Trek movie is one of the best movies in the franchise, I'd probably put it in the top 3. Into Darkness is definitely in the lower half of the overall list, but anyone saying it's worse than Insurrection or Nemesis are out of their god damn minds.

Dear Brit-GAF:

I would like two Fave Fives from you. One is all-time British Wrasslers. The other is new British Wrasslers - unsigned by big promotions (WWE basically)

Bit late to the party but here goes in no particular order:

All Time
1. William Regal
2. Kendo Nagasaki (Peter Thornley)
3. Lord Alfred Hayes
4. Wade Barrett
5. Layla
(5. would've been Britis Bulldog, but c'mon it's Layla)

New(ish)
1. Grado
2. Jimmy Havoc
3. Dave Mastiff
4. Marty Scurll
5. Wil Ospreay

I've face-to-face talked to people who said they thought Generations, Insurrection, and Nemesis were more entertaining movies than Trek 09 or Into Darkness, and kept a straight face the entire time.

I don't know about more entertaining, because at the very least JJ's Trek films are an entertaining ride, but I put Nemesis above both. They're all in the shit tier, as far as I'm concerned.

DS9 really shattered the optimistic & progressive Roddenberry vision of the future but was an entertaining as fuck show despite this.

I guess it did, but I'd like to think Gene would have appreciated the manner in which they did it - the shades of grey in DS9 was handled very well and couldn't have worked on a more traditional Trek show, where the story each week was more integral than the characters themselves. What Into Darkness tried was such a ham-fisted, typically Hollywood approach to a similar shades of grey story. And it fucking sucked.

Seasons 3 and 4 of Enterprise are grossly underrated and seasons 1 and 3 of the original series are vastly overrated

For Enterprise, I'd say it's more like seasons 3 and the first half of season 4 before they realised they were getting cancelled and had to rush the storyline. I still say the final episode of Enterprise should have been a Quantum Leap cross-over, where it's revealed that Archer is Sam and he's trying to figure out how to leap.

MST3K > BSG > TNG > Galaxy Quest > All other space living based shows/movies

List invalidated for a lack of Red Dwarf.

Dear indie wrestlers,

What's the deal with so many of you suddenly finding "cool" masks to wear during your ring entrance that, in fact, look exceedingly dumb?

1KlJhD5.jpg

Has the added bonus of confusing the shit out of everyone in attendance, as well.

i've only seen the 09 movie and the TOS pilot

idk if that's #safe or not though
Regarding prequels for SW, 2 > 3 > 1 imho.

Not that it really matters. I used to get Christopher Lee mixed up with Terence Stamp. I daresay Terence Stamp is a lot cooler of a dude, and I fucking loved The Limey. Great movie.

The Limey is DOPE.

I like that Naito's job on the ROH tour is to carry three dudes to the best matches of their careers. He'll probably manage it, as well. Although Elgin will be tough. Also, Elgin vs Tanahashi...there's a match I'm struggling to muster up any enthusiasm for.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I like that Naito's job on the ROH tour is to carry three dudes to the best matches of their careers. He'll probably manage it, as well. Although Elgin will be tough. Also, Elgin vs Tanahashi...there's a match I'm struggling to muster up any enthusiasm for.

Naito needs to go to Double Cross Ranch so Terry can tell him about not getting too good at making others look good or that's all they'll ever do with you.

RP912

Banned
I'm interested to see if the mod community can actually make the game worth purchasing

I didn't know it was going to come out THIS soon :/ :/.

I don't want to cancel my pre order for Project CARS again just for the sake of wrasslin. The biggest fear to come out of getting 2k15 is it getting the last gen treatment because 2K gives no fucks about the PC community.

Tanahashi vs Elgin would have been a great match 2-3 years ago. Not anymore.

Tanahashi vs Elgin or Tanahashi vs Bennett?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bit late to the party but here goes in no particular order:

All Time
1. William Regal
2. Kendo Nagasaki (Peter Thornley)
3. Lord Alfred Hayes
4. Wade Barrett
5. Layla
(5. would've been Britis Bulldog, but c'mon it's Layla)

New(ish)
1. Grado
2. Jimmy Havoc
3. Dave Mastiff
4. Marty Scurll
5. Wil Ospreay

I wish I understood why people are so into Grado. He's just godawful. I honestly think it's a cultural thing as it seems all Europeans by and large love the guy, and Americans just don't fucking get it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The Limey is DOPE.

Glad I'm not the only person here who loves The Limey. Stamp is so good. SO good. Only other movie that comes close to the best Terence Stamp performance is Superman II, which was the best Superman movie as well.

Sephzilla

I didn't know it was going to come out THIS soon :/ :/.

I don't want to cancel my pre order for Project CARS again just for the sake of wrasslin. The biggest fear to come out of getting 2k15 is it getting the last gen treatment because 2K gives no fucks about the PC community.

Oh fuck that would be hilarious if it's a port of the PS3 version

Top Bottom