• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

Kaladin

Xater

Good Blog post,by a ex writer on why the divas are booked the way to are

http://kevineckwrestling.sportsblog...--wwe-needs-to-give-them-better-creative.html

No earth shattering revelation here. I think that has been discussed here often enough. This part still made me groan:

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised by the questionable booking. During my time on the WWE creative team, we actually were told that there really are no babyfaces or heels in the Divas division. It was strongly implied that the Divas are all just a bunch of catty chicks, most of whom are mentally unstable.

Jamie OD

The crowd seems to be easing off on Roman post-Mania. They might warm up to him now that circumstances show how broken Bryan is. Just please give him angles that aren't with the Big Show.

Like I've said before, management basically sees the Diva's as something they have to do, but hey, it's some nice entertainment for the boys in the short term. It sucks, but it's the truth.

Nekofrog

Banned
Like I've said before, management basically sees the Diva's as something they have to do, but hey, it's some nice entertainment for the boys in the short term. It sucks, but it's the truth.

"quick we need a segment to fill up 7 minutes"

"just throw the divas out there"

"but what will they do?"

"who gives a shit"

XenoRaven

Well that's really awful and I regret posting that.

That's what I get for looking up "famous Samoans" on Google, picking the first non-wrestling name I recognize and doing no additional research.

Well that's really awful and I regret posting that.

That's what I get for looking up "famous Samoans" on Google, picking the first non-wrestling name I recognize and doing no additional research.

k2-_998b04b5-cff2-45e0-850f-7306a796aa33.v1.jpg

Bandini

Just grabbed 5 front row seats for NXT, they're coming within 30 miles of me. Lineup: Kevin Owens, Finn Balor, Sami Zayn, Hideo Itami, Charlotte, Sasha Banks. Hell to the yeah.

Kaladin

So a spider just repelled down my computer screen and landed at the bottom.

Needless to say it's dead now. Died of a 3 hole punch to the back.

Fuck spiders.

MG310

They introduce Neville like they introduce The Wonders in That Thing You Do.

The Man That Gravity Forgot, The New Sensation, Neville.

Also BNB threw off an invisible cape during his entrance.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Nash is fucked in 1995. He is the most popular act in the year. But he's a face that can't wrestle the WWF face style because he sucks at it and is gigantic. So the WWF has to bring in lumps like Mabel to give him a real fight...and they suck when they have to beat up someone bigger than them. He has two great matches with HBK and Bret, a decent match with Bulldog, some awful matches with Sid and Mabel, and unexpectedly the first really great Undertaker match at Wrestlemania.

Too big to work face. Too limited to put on good matches by himself. Too over to be heel. It's the worst year in US wrestling since the Wrestlemania era started as WCW is no better.

He did get paid and learned from the best how to protect his position in WCW.

Kaladin

Nash is fucked in 1995. He is the most popular act in the year. But he's a face that can't wrestle the WWF face style because he sucks at it and is gigantic. So the WWF has to bring in lumps like Mabel to give him a real fight...and they suck when they have to beat up someone bigger than them. He has two great matches with HBK and Bret, a decent match with Bulldog, some awful matches with Sid and Mabel, and unexpectedly the first really great Undertaker match at Wrestlemania.

Too big to work face. Too limited to put on good matches by himself. Too over to be heel. It's the worst year in US wrestling since the Wrestlemania era started as WCW is no better.

He did get paid and learned from the best how to protect his position in WCW.

Too big to work face?

So Baron Corbin is doomed to heel?

somedevil

Right now here is the card for the next NXT special on May 20:

Zayn vs Owens
Sasha vs Lynch
Blake and Murphy vs Enzo and Cassady
Itami vs Balor vs Breeze
Rhyno vs Corbin

edit: Plus if they need one more match they can add
Emma vs Bayley

Kaladin

When you're that big you get natural heel reactions picking on someone smaller than you...unless you are Brock Lesnar. Even Goldberg had the perfect height for that not to be a problem.

They had Corbin work a match against Zayn at the house show I went to this past weekend. Corbin was basically the typical monster heel, beating up Zayn and almost had him KO'd with punches and actually looked good doing it. Zayn came back and won and about the only offense he got was his finishing combo.

Top Bottom