• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

Hasney

Yeah, NXT has been dragging a bit, it's really not helping being on the same day as Lucha as I'll watch that first and NXT won't be as good. Wrestlemania weekend killed a lot of its momentum.

The special coming up should help though.

Yeah, NXT has been dragging a bit, it's really not helping being on the same day as Lucha as I'll watch that first and NXT won't be as good. Wrestlemania weekend killed a lot of its momentum.

I'm sure there's smark conspiracy theorists already writing up their "Vince told Triple H to make his show shitter and stop showing up the main roster" blog posts as I type.

Trips and the new NXT signees;

dBKKD8r.jpg

Alucard

Banned

Yeah, Lucha has made all other North American promotions feel like B+ players or worse for me.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This whole thing seems only half thought through.

It's just part of the growing internet/twitch/youtube culture. Everyone thinks everything should have a mandatory price tag attached to it. That everything you do is worth some kind of money. No one should write FAQs for free or play games on a stream for free. No one should do it just for fun or because it's something they want to do.

I'm waiting to get paid for my gifs.

Xater

It's just part of the growing internet/twitch/youtube culture. Everyone thinks everything should have a mandatory price tag attached to it. That everything you do is worth some kind of money. No one should write FAQs for free or play games on a stream for free. No one should do it just for fun or because it's something they want to do.

I'm waiting to get paid for my gifs.

I think some people deserve money for the things they do in these fields, just not like this. Especially not with a cut not in favor of the creators at all.

I saw this earlier btw:

bildschirmfoto2015-0482soh.png

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think some people deserve money for the things they do in these fields, just not like this. Especially not with a cut not in favor of the creators at all.

That's what the donation button was for. If people felt they did an amazing job, they donated. Some might say that's not enough but look how much people on twitch make purely off donations. I know the dude behind Falskaar got offered a job at Bungie when he was 19 just because of the mod being such a higher quality product.

This is insanely fucked up. Like this is worse than anything EA has done in years.

Xater

That's what the donation button was for. If people felt they did an amazing job, they donated. Some might say that's not enough but look how much people on twitch make purely off donations. I know the dude behind Falskaar got offered a job at Bungie when he was 19 just because of the mod being such a higher quality product.

This is insanely fucked up. Like this is worse than anything EA has done in years.

Yep, I like the donation solution as well. People do give money for content they enjoy.

I have absolutely no problem with people wanting to charge for things, that's up to them if they feel their time is worth that. You don't have to buy it if you disagree.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I have absolutely no problem with people wanting to charge for things, that's up to them if they feel their time is worth that. You don't have to buy it if you disagree.

They have no right to charge for things when they're taking something from another creator for their creation.
RzqP4k6CezgY.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg

Hasney

No they dont, but I didn't say that.

Well I won't be buying anything from Bethesda as long as they keep their %'s. 75% for the convenience of using their game as a platform is a fucking joke.

It is set by the publisher though, so other outlets may be more realistic.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't think Hino's going to be in K-Dojo for much longer. His stock is really rising when he's getting booked regularly in main events by Kobashi, DDT, and BJW.

Well I won't be buying anything from Bethesda as long as they keep their %'s. 75% for the convenience of using their game as a platform is a fucking joke.

It is set by the publisher though, so other outlets may be more realistic.
Absolutely, I was talking about the mod/other content creators, not Beth (sorry if that wasn't clear).

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I8zTOSR.png

Just got this e-mail from one of the Kickstarter projects I backed.

That's really cool. women devs have been getting pushed away from doing it for so long, it's going to take a long time to make things better and any incentive to keep people in the kideo business is important.

Sunflower, have we discussed the interview Jim Ross did with HBK, where HBK basically said everything that people like JesseEwiak, Heel, you, and I have been saying for years about ISEC vs. pro wrestling fans?

I've never heard this interview, but I'm curious.

Hasney

That's really cool. women devs have been getting pushed away from doing it for so long, it's going to take a long time to make things better and any incentive to keep people in the kideo business is important.

I googled this and the only result I could find was on ajlee.org, but it makes it sound like she's ponying up the cash for it herself rather than just raise awareness of it, which is doubly awesome.

is it this?
Ee0haw0.jpg

EDIT: New Page
ALsgs2v.png

and also

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Regarding Steam allowing people to sell their mods though, I really don't like that at all. Certainly it's within their right, but...blech...

You can literally sell a re-balanced game that you didn't make, where you make adjustments giving it an easy mode. Is that right? It's a slippery slope. I know, "Well if you don't want it, don't buy it" but the thing with this is Valve wants their cut, which is the driving force for why they did this. It's nuts.

I googled this and the only result I could find was on ajlee.org, but it makes it sound like she's ponying up the cash for it herself rather than just raise awareness of it, which is doubly awesome.

and also

Oh man I love that Self Storage one. I went through a bit of a binge on t-shirts for fictional companies a while back. Ended up with a TCS network one from the Running Man, a Shady Rest Retirement one from Bubba Hotep and a fairly subtle OCP one.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Finished up the Scott Norton podcast. Boots, you'd enjoy it. Lots of talk about the Arm Wrestling sport as well. Good stuff.

The cut is FAR too weighted away from the mod creators.

In terms of what they're charging for, like I said there's no reason people shouldn't be able to sell their work, whether it's mods or whatever content. If it's something that simple like balancing, someone else will do it for free if they're taking the piss.

Sephzilla

*Shrug* Honestly think Valve has been turning into Neo-EA for a while now, and that's part of why I massively dialed down my PC gaming time and went back to consoles. This whole 'pay for mods' shit feels like a continuation of a trend.

It's just part of the growing internet/twitch/youtube culture. Everyone thinks everything should be free. That everything you do is worth no money. No one should be paid for taking the time and effort out to create content. No one should be paid if their job is something they want to do.

Tessa's pretty good. She already uses the slingshot suplex anyway, might as well go full-on Tully. I would not be at all surprised to see her in NXT within a year or two. Also, for someone trained by Mad Man fucking Pondon, Mary Dobson's a hell of a lot better than you'd expect.

Tessa is my best guess for next girl signed. I'd seen her work face a few times, but then I saw her at Girl's Night Out as a heel and she was ten times better. I guess Mortimer Duke was right, it's nature, not nurture that matters...

My other picks to be signed, in no particular order:

Evie
Nixon Newell
Hania The Huntress

BTW, Crazy Mary worked the NXT tapings last night.

Top Bottom