• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

Wwe's roster problems could be alleviated with Dragon gate style teams

Hustle, loyality, respect: cena, Zack ryder, captain wwe(neville in a mask)

Roman empire: reigns, usos

Millennials: kidd, cesaro, kalisto

Hoss Inc: ryback, big E, bull

JavyOO7

Roman looked good. But stop feuding with the Big Show, please. Roman should be dominating the mid card from now until Wrestlemania next year. It's not that hard...

RP912

Banned
No lie Reigns impressed me last night even though I was meh about the match. This is what I'm talking about...give the man time to develop and you will receive positive results.

You know what would make Bray interesting again? If he had a feud that WASN'T about some abstract stupid philosophical nonsense, if he just got PISSED and wanted to fight some poor motherfucker for more personal reasons. Maybe give him a few followers again and have some monster heel wreck one of them, or have him do something with The Authority, whatever. Just something fucking DIFFERENT.

Roman is likely winning King of the Ring this week... and I think that's a perfect spot for him giving the lineage of that spot.

I mostly enjoyed the in ring action last night, but aside from a couple of the matches (the tag and the womens match) it was blatantly obvious to me who was going to win, which always makes for a bit of a snooze fest. I haven't yet watched the pre-show match (really glad to see Neville get a good scalp finally) but the tag match last night was really good.

Now if only they'd stop booking the tag champs to lose handicap matches to singles stars... but eh... one step at a time.

Good work bell to bell though. Roman and Show did way better than I expected. Having a decent match against Show pretty much proves you don't need to be carried.

Rusev continues on his Umaga path to nowhere, but hey, I've been calling that for like a year now. I hope everyone enjoyed it while it lasted just as I recommended to everyone. I'm not sure why they're bothering with an I Quit match at this point. Cena is up 2-1 in the feud, and there's no way they're going to book him to lose an I Quit match.

Bo makes me feel warm and fuzzy every time he is on my screen.

That tag match made a tag fan very happy. Sure, New Day were meant to be faces and Kidd Cesaro were meant to be heels, but the crowd were reacting to the match in a big way for tag, so I think we've got at least a month or two of good tag team action before they fuck it all up again.

And King of the Ring!

Yeah. I'm very happy about that.

eanMmXX.gif

Watched the opening night of the Global Tag League - Cabana & Hero vs KES and TMDK vs Dangan Yankees were fun, but the rest was highly skipable. NOAH have so, so much dead weight on their undercard, plus a few top guys who are in desperate need of a change of scenery. Nakajima, for one. Also, Captain NOAH doesn't work. Captain New Japan works. I might not like him, but the crowds do and his shtick always gets over.

Barrage

I'd love to see Bo join New Day. Their gimmicks as of now are bordering on similar.

I really wish they would have the King Of The Ring last longer than a week. My vote to win's on Bray Wyatt.

Holy fuck at that New Day vs. Cesaro/Kidd match. Not even ten minutes, but firing on ALL cylinders and using every guy absolutely perfectly. It was kinda indie "get my shit in", but what a GLORIOUS "get my shit in" it was!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Watched the opening night of the Global Tag League - Cabana & Hero vs KES and TMDK vs Dangan Yankees were fun, but the rest was highly skipable. NOAH have so, so much dead weight on their undercard, plus a few top guys who are in desperate need of a change of scenery. Nakajima, for one. Also, Captain NOAH doesn't work. Captain New Japan works. I might not like him, but the crowds do and his shtick always gets over.

Why would you book Captain NOAH when you have Genba?

Jado, you dumb fuck, you're never going to be more over than Genba.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
CM Punk's Thor shit wasn't very good. This looks like it'll be kinda shitty from the dope-ass Drax I know.

The Drax cover in that link is really cute, I enjoyed the X'd taped fists and Colt's stupid face in the crowd.

I looked closely and Colt's a freaking Skrull.

@Vince McSunny: I'd agree but I can't say I'm totally clear of the Jason Aaron Thor fog-glasses.

If you guys want to create an OT thread for it, go ahead lol

Jado, you dumb fuck, you're never going to be more over than Genba.

Pretty much this. Genba was relegated to a four minute long 3-way opening match and still got better reactions that Jado - even the Flair Flop only got a smattering of laughs.

Incidentally, Daisuke Ikeda in NOAH isn't half as exciting as it should be - maybe it's because he's with Yone, or maybe he's phoning it in, but this ain't Futen/BattlARTS Ikeda. Also, do you know who Shadow Maybach is? I couldn't quite tell, he has a nice exploder suplex though.

Sephzilla

King of the Ring not being a PPV still feels wrong and makes me sad. Payback is supposed to be the PPV after WrestleMania (BECAUSE IT'S PAYBACK FOR MANIA) and Extreme Rules feels redundant when TLC and Hell in a Cell PPVs exist.

klonere

Banned
King of the Ring not being a PPV still feels wrong and makes me sad. Payback is supposed to be the PPV after WrestleMania (BECAUSE IT'S PAYBACK FOR MANIA) and Extreme Rules feels redundant when TLC and Hell in a Cell PPVs exist.

All the plunder/gimmick stip PPVs really feel out of place when what they can do with those stips is pretty limited with PG constraints.

Hey friends, you can go watch Shinsuke Nakamura vs Zack Sabre Jr. for free! So, like, go do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q32CmYvWkD8

Good shit here

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
What are Punk's credentials for being given all these major Marvel characters to write for? Why does this part-timer not have to work his way up with stuff like X-Statix?
Pretty much this. Genba was relegated to a four minute long 3-way opening match and still got better reactions that Jado - even the Flair Flop only got a smattering of laughs.

Incidentally, Daisuke Ikeda in NOAH isn't half as exciting as it should be - maybe it's because he's with Yone, or maybe he's phoning it in, but this ain't Futen/BattlARTS Ikeda. Also, do you know who Shadow Maybach is? I couldn't quite tell, he has a nice exploder suplex though.

All of NOAH's heavyweight division is complete garbage. There's like 4 guys in there total that are any good and they're all in their 40s and work independent shows as well.

But what do you expect from a company that regularly books Saito? That company is currently in a really bad way. Like when Akebono is more entertaining than all of the NOAH heavyweight roster currently, shit needs an overhaul. But Jado will fix it by bringing in... Iizuka... and Taichi.... and Shelton X Gon Give It To Em Benjamin... That'll work.

I don't know who Maybach 2 is. It could be Suwa... Again.

Bowser

What are Punk's credentials for being given all these major Marvel characters to write for? Why does this part-timer not have to work his way up with stuff like X-Statix?

He's CM Punk and his name alone will sell the book, especially given the crossover in his fanbase, at least for the first few months.

Credentials aren't needed when sales is the name of the game.

klonere

Banned

Comic books, like video games are commercial products for children or people who wish they were still children and thus do not require any sort of creative experience or artistic talent to create

DAMO vs ISHII?!?!?!?! Fuck me.

*heavy breathing*

But what do you expect from a company that regularly books Saito? That company is currently in a really bad way. Like when Akebono is more entertaining than all of the NOAH heavyweight roster currently, shit needs an overhaul. But Jado will fix it by bringing in... Iizuka... and Taichi.... and Shelton X Gon Give It To Em Benjamin... That'll work.

I don't know who Maybach 2 is. It could be Suwa... Again.

Too tall for Suwa, also he quietly retired again at the end of last year, due to a spinal injury. NOAH currently serves the purpose of giving New Japan a place to send guys they haven't got anything for currently - honestly, the best thing would be if they promotion just folded and NJPW signed the best of NOAH's talent.

Top Bottom