• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

Kaladin

mbPe8nw.gif

I was hoping someone would gif that kid.

A press release that essentially says: here is this music guy that essentially pumped a bunch of money into our program and in return we made him boss of everything, because surely someone with so much money knows what he is doing, right?

Also we employ these former WWE people like Jeff Hardy, Kurt Angle and also Gail Kim's here, she was there once.

Please watch our program, we're somewhere at the back of your channel list, we think.

Billy Corgan actually does have a deeper history with wrestling. I don't know how much he's done on the creative side, but he used to own (maybe still does own) Resistance Pro in Chicago.

Sources indicate that Vince is ''in a deep depression'' over TNA capturing the hottest booker in the world. He's looking at a number of possible retaliations. PayPal me a buck for more of this scoop.

To be fair though if they changed their theme to 1979 I'd watch (the opening) every week.

Cagey

Banned
Wyatt is absolutely fucking fine. Not at all fair to shit on him when he's gotten some of the worst writing and some of the worst booking. WWE has failed him first and foremost. So he wasn't able to make gold from a shit sandwich, just means he's still learning.

WWE writing is the reason Bray Wyatt holding a microphone has been FFWD tier for over a year now?

Come on. I give the guy so much slack I don't even bodyshame the tubby bastard but at some point it's his fault.

Mahonay

Banned
WWE writing is the reason Bray Wyatt holding a microphone has been FFWD tier for over a year now?

Come on. I give the guy so much slack I don't even bodyshame the tubby bastard but at some point it's his fault.
He's a cult leader who's followers have been taken away. He's supposed to be a preacher type character, but he has no legitimate feuds to preach about. At some point what the fuck is he supposed to do? The fault of his character is that is depends on some half decent booking and writing. With out that, you get the aimless babbling that we're seeing most of the time. If the writing is not going to change anytime soon, he may need to wholesale change his gimmick.

Bray Wyatt doesn't book the matches.
Also this.

Cagey

Banned
He's a cult leader who's followers have been taken away. He's supposed to be a preacher type character, but he has no legitimate feuds to preach about. At some point what the fuck is he supposed to do? The fault of his character is that is depends on some half decent booking and writing. With out that, you get the aimless babbling that we're seeing most of the time. If the writing is not going to change anytime soon, he may need to wholesale change his gimmick.

He was the same aimlessly babbling, nonsensical, psuedo-mystical, psuedo-nihiilstic self-indulgent fuckhead even at the height of him and his cult bros running amok. The problem isn't quite that he hasn't changed, it's that a lack of direction from the writing staff has exposed how boring and shit tier the prior stuff was and continues to be.

Sephzilla

He was the same aimlessly babbling, nonsensical, psuedo-mystical, psuedo-nihiilstic self-indulgent fuckhead even at the height of him and his cult bros running amok. The problem is that he hasn't changed and a lack of direction from the writing staff has exposed how boring and shit tier the prior stuff was.

Everyone and anyone is going to seem boring and 'exposed' when the writing staff doesn't give a fuck about them.

Here’s the latest arm-twist to the field of professional wrestling: Billy Corgan – yes, that Billy Corgan – wants to use a medium that is decidedly heavy on piledrivers and figure-four leglocks to explore issues of race, ethnicity and gender.

Corgan, leader of the innovative rock group Smashing Pumpkins, has joined TNA Impact Wrestling as senior producer of creative and talent development and, as such, will have a strong hand guiding such luminaries as Kurt Angle, Bobby Roode and Jeff Hardy and their exploits on TNA’s flagship “Impact Wrestling” program that has airs on Discovery Communications’ Destination America cable network. Rather than trotting out the same old “heels” and “babyfaces” – pro-wrestling argot for “bad guys” and good guys” – Corgan thinks fans are ready for new stories.

“There is a tremendous opportunity to go into really fresh, new directions,” Corgan explained in an interview. Having characters who explore race or transgender issues is certainly a possibility, he suggested. “There are ways to explore those themes in ways that are productive, create new stars and show that value-based ‘babyfaces’, no matter what their background, no matter where they come from, can draw new audiences and inspire people in new ways.”

Corgan’s thinking is necessary to stand out in a crowded field that is largely dominated by World Wrestling Entertainment and is also filled with overseas competitors like Japan’s New Japan Pro Wrestling and Mexico’s AAA Mega Championship, explained Dixie Carter, TNA’s president, in an interview. “We need to make our existing characters have a greater depth to them,” she said. “We want the stories to have a depth and a meaning to someone that is relevant today. Billy can really help that.”

For Corgan, the match-up with professional wresting is not as unlikely as it might first seem. The writer of such tunes as “Bullet with Butterfly Wings” and “Tonight, Tonight” says he has been a wrestling fan for much of his life, originally getting into the sport by following competitors such as Verne Gagne and Dick The Bruiser. “It was about tough guys in tights, before the really colorful stuff came in more fully into the 1980’s,” he said. In recent years, Corgan even ran a small wrestling promotion around Chicago.

TNA’s Carter said she met Corgan several years ago and was familiar with his deep interest in the sport, and convinced him to join her executives for a plotting session. Some of his creative work will begin to show up in TNA programming slated to hit the air in early May, she said.

Corgan believes his ideas will “ break new ground.” In 2015, he said, adding “those social and cultural issues that are sort of a ‘don’t’ go there’ subject” will result in themes that will feel more meaningful to current audiences. “I think there’s an endless supply of things in our culture where people are dealing with race or with gender, et cetera, and you can get into these things in a way that is both revelatory and enlightening. Treated the right way, ultimately, the good guy wins. The right ideas win.”

TNA bouts have run on Destination America since January. Discovery and TNA struck a multi-year deal in late 2014 that also includes the U.S. premiere of various series and specials from the company and gives Discovery international broadcasting rights for the programs in certain regions

it's fucking on now lads

Mahonay

Banned
He was the same aimlessly babbling, nonsensical, psuedo-mystical, psuedo-nihiilstic self-indulgent fuckhead even at the height of him and his cult bros running amok. The problem isn't quite that he hasn't changed, it's that a lack of direction from the writing staff has exposed how boring and shit tier the prior stuff was and continues to be.
That is a direct result of WWE's towing-the-line style booking. You get the same matches week after week with no real changes in storyline. There's no progression for him to take.

Cagey

Banned
That is a direct result of WWE's towing-the-line style booking. You get the same matches week after week with no real changes in storyline. There's no progression for him to take.

The task given to him for the lead-up to Wrestlemania against the Undertaker was a tough one, to be sure, as he was the only one there.

Nevertheless, Bray Wyatt singlehandedly killed any interest I had in his participation in the match. Bray can talk wonderfully, far better than most of the rest, but he says nothing, and he's value-negative as a result.

Mahonay

Banned
The task given to him for the lead-up to Wrestlemania against the Undertaker was a tough one, to be sure, as he was the only one there.

Nevertheless, Bray Wyatt singlehandedly killed any interest I had in his participation in the match. Bray can talk wonderfully, far better than most of the rest, but he says nothing, and he's value-negative as a result.
I think him just toning down that stuff would make a difference. He'd have more wiggle room if his character spoke a bit more plainly. He is most definitely too cartoony a good portion of the time. Loses it's effect pretty quickly.

Sephzilla

Overly cryptic Bray Wyatt is the only thing I don't like about his promo work, I'll agree there. I was more a fan of the straight forward Bray during the Cena feud

joelseph

Every rich person I know who didn't inherit their money is cheap as fuck and uses every connection possible to pay the least amount they can for anything they buy.

I used to think everyone that did this was annoying moochers. Now I am staring down a mortgage wondering why I wasn't one of those annoying moochers from the start.

Sephzilla

This is why I don't think Vince knows how to get Roman super over with crowds. Having Roman do Super-Cena shit like survive multiple table spots and then barely beating Big Show (through kind-of-cheating) isn't going to get people on his side nearly as much as if Roman came out and never let Show hurt him in the first place.

Ehh I thought Roman was good last night. I still think its one of the worst PPV I have ever seen at least in the last 10 years. I could be wrong.(according to you guys I am)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Ehh I thought Roman was good last night. I still think its one of the worst PPV I have ever seen at least in the last 10 years. I could be wrong.(according to you guys I am)

Everyone has different opinions, but there's no possible way its the worst. You must have missed about 50% of WWE's PPVs.

Sephzilla

I'd disagree with you. Extreme Rules was easily better than any WWE PPV that happened near the end of 2014

Hey guys! i'm unbanned!

I just learned that sarcasm and real talk on the OT gets you banned. Unless you side with the "politically correct" bandwagon, your screwed.

And alas, as i came back, i saw angelico fly over me on the LU Tapings. It was really really hard to not say anything, but, fact of the matter is, the NDA really makes it hard for anyone to speak up. Unless you don't want to attend again.

I was wearing a puma shirt. I got told that i couldn't get in like that, had to wear it backwards.

Heel

From a historical standpoint, I have to believe the "Kiss Me Arse" match will go down in infamy. The end was WCW levels of fuckery.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys! i'm unbanned!

I just learned that sarcasm and real talk on the OT gets you banned. Unless you side with the "politically correct" bandwagon, your screwed.

And alas, as i came back, i saw angelico fly over me on the LU Tapings. It was really really hard to not say anything, but, fact of the matter is, the NDA really makes it hard for anyone to speak up. Unless you don't want to attend again.

I was wearing a puma shirt. I got told that i couldn't get in like that, had to wear it backwards.
Awesome you got to see that, and welcome back.

If you are in range of Austin, TX. It's probably a good time to get hyped about Inspire Pro. If you are already an Inspire Pro fan, it's a good time to double-down on that. That is all.

XenoRaven

Hey guys! i'm unbanned!

How was the bus ride?

What color were the applause signs?

What was your favorite pre-approved chant?

How was the bus ride?
it was a bus ride. it was the gangs.

What color were the applause signs?
saw none. mabee they were off

What was your favorite pre-approved chant?
cero miedo

There's no pre-approve anything, people yell what they want. 90% of the people there are latino(mostly mexican) smarks.

It's weird to see the difference editing and camera work can make on the final product.

They turn something really good into something amazingly spectacular

Top Bottom