• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
CIMA broke his nose
Too tall for Suwa, also he quietly retired again at the end of last year, due to a spinal injury. NOAH currently serves the purpose of giving New Japan a place to send guys they haven't got anything for currently - honestly, the best thing would be if they promotion just folded and NJPW signed the best of NOAH's talent.
It would certainly solve both their roster problems(NJPW's junoirs and NOAH's heavyweights and hopefully send Mr. Husband and the ROH posse home), but I don't like the idea of there being less promotions out there. There's few enough 'top level' ones as it is and even if NOAH isn't a top level quality promotion, they still can have big shows which a lot of promotions can't.

I wouldn't mind seeing Harada in AJPW. I think Kenou, Ohara, and Kotoge would work better in NJPW. Actually, Kotoge is the most 'DDT' looking wrestler that's not in DDT I've ever seen. I'd have some serious scust at NJPW trying to ram Marufuji into their current heavyweight division as well.
He's CM Punk and his name alone will sell the book, especially given the crossover in his fanbase, at least for the first few months.

Credentials aren't needed when sales is the name of the game.

Huh.
ScreenShot2013-04-07at10.32.38AM_crop_north.png

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Outside celebrity goes pretty damn far when writing comic books. If you suck at it you'll eventually stop selling just like anything but the nerd crossover here should be pretty good.

It would certainly solve both their roster problems(NJPW's junoirs and NOAH's heavyweights and hopefully send Mr. Husband and the ROH posse home), but I don't like the idea of there being less promotions out there. There's few enough 'top level' ones as it is and even if NOAH isn't a top level quality promotion, they still can have big shows which a lot of promotions can't.

I wouldn't mind seeing Harada in AJPW. I think Kenou, Ohara, and Kotoge would work better in NJPW. Actually, Kotoge is the most 'DDT' looking wrestler that's not in DDT I've ever seen. I'd have some serious scust at NJPW trying to ram Marufuji into their current heavyweight division as well.

Yeah, Marufuji slotting in to the heavyweight scene in New Japan would kinda suck - I would like to see him wrestle Ibushi, though. Perhaps he'll be in the G1? Incidentally, they absolutely need to get Sugiura in, dude could have great matches with pretty much the entire heavyweight roster.

Losing another big promotion wouldn't be ideal, I agree, but it would open up some good opportunity for AJPW & W-1. I still say there's one too many promotion vying for 3rd place, one of them either needs to fold, or drop down to Z1 levels.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yeah, Marufuji slotting in to the heavyweight scene in New Japan would kinda suck - I would like to see him wrestle Ibushi, though. Perhaps he'll be in the G1? Incidentally, they absolutely need to get Sugiura in, dude could have great matches with pretty much the entire heavyweight roster.

Losing another big promotion wouldn't be ideal, I agree, but it would open up some good opportunity for AJPW & W-1. I still say there's one too many promotion vying for 3rd place, one of them either needs to fold, or drop down to Z1 levels.

Sugiura vs Honma could certainly be something. As could Sugiura vs Nakamura, vs Shibata, vs Tanahashi, etc. He's in the four guys in Japan who can work anyone(Nagata, Kojima, Sugiura, and Tanaka[Go could be in that group soon though if his title reign continues the way it has. Dragging Zeus AND Bodyguard through great matches?]]). They honestly need to get both Yankees. Then get the junior yankees for BOSJ if Hayato stops smoking that weed long enough to get there.

There is no way W-1 will come close to AJPW right now. AJPW has some big names that people know like SUWAMA, Shiozaki, Akebono, and I think even KENSO is popular over there for some reason. Wrestle-1 will end its Zero-1 feud and Zero-1 will go back to the way it is. In about 2 years, I say Wrestle-1 isn't even around anymore. Like every other promotion Tajiri touches.

Wrestle-1 has ZERO stars other than Funaki. Muta barely even wrestles and isn't ever involved in any major storylines. KAI is never going to get there. Miyahara in AJPW has a MUCH bigger chance to be a huge deal in Japan than anyone Wrestle-1 has.

Speaking of more wrestling promotions...
Kintaro Kanemura made his presence known as he announced that W★ING will be revived as well along with FMW

NoRéN

Now that the trios championship has concluded on LU, it's time to look forward to some crazy stuff.

I think it's toward the end of May, some crazy shit happens again.

If you can look past the "applause" sign and the crowd being told what to chant you'll have fun watching.

Kaladin

King of The Ring Special is only an hour on the Network

Makes sense if it's only 3 matches.

Still looking forward to it more than Raw.

Given the number of dates in this G1 I expect to see Marufuji, Sugiura, TMDK, and maybe Tanaka.

There is no way W-1 will come close to AJPW right now. AJPW has some big names that people know like SUWAMA, Shiozaki, Akebono, and I think even KENSO is popular over there for some reason. Wrestle-1 will end its Zero-1 feud and Zero-1 will go back to the way it is. In about 2 years, I say Wrestle-1 isn't even around anymore. Like every other promotion Tajiri touches.

Wrestle-1 has ZERO stars other than Funaki. Muta barely even wrestles and isn't ever involved in any major storylines. KAI is never going to get there. Miyahara in AJPW has a MUCH bigger chance to be a huge deal in Japan than anyone Wrestle-1 has.

LOL at the bolded, that perplexes me as well. What is it about him? I find nothing redeemable, yet the audience actually like the fucker. W-1 seems to draw on the fact that it's Mutoh's promotion alone and, let's be honest, there's not a world of difference between W-1 & AJPW's business at the moment - both struggle to draw in Tokyo, the only advantage All Japan has is that they're touring more and focusing on more rural areas the other promotions are avoiding. Akiyama knows what he's doing.

I agree about Miyahara, dude was lucky to escape Kensuke's clutches and not wind up like Nakajima. Oh, also, W-1 does have one guy who I think could be big (but probably not in W-1) if utilised properly; Hiroshi Yamato. Will be interesting to see if they pull the trigger on him as Cruiserweight champion.

Given the number of dates in this G1 I expect to see Marufuji, Sugiura, TMDK, and maybe Tanaka.

Yeah, they did say they wanted this to be the biggest G1 ever and there are A LOT of dates - wouldn't be surprised to see NOAH, ROH and maybe a couple of CMLL guys in there. Also, hopefully Sekimoto & Okbayashi. And Hino.

RP912

Banned
meh I'm still watching it. I was just hoping for a one night only type of thing. I mean God why can't any events do a one night tournament anymore? It takes me back to the early UFC years.

Kaladin

Who should win King of the Ring, and why?

Should they use the "King" gimmick, and if so, how?

I think they dropped the Adrian from Neville's name to call him King Neville.

Instant cred for a new guy with an awesome string of wins.

Either that, or Bray Wyatt.

klonere

Banned
Bringing back a hamfisted version of King of the Ring to make Roman Look Strong? Sounds good. Sounds real good.

I hope Neville wins. Or Big E.

Heel

"King of the Nether" Bray Wyatt uses a haunted scepter to summon Sissa Abigail from NXT.

Just spitballing here, brehs.

Kaladin

So it's obviously an 8 man field.....who are the eight?

Bray Wyatt
Neville
Bad News Barrett
Roman Reigns
Cesaro
Tyson Kidd
Dean Ambrose
Luke Harper

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
LOL at the bolded, that perplexes me as well. What is it about him? I find nothing redeemable, yet the audience actually like the fucker

I honestly just think that it's the fact that he's been around forever, won titles/tournaments in every promotion he's been in and combine that with his wife being on the News.
4W7gSes.gif

Sephzilla

Neville gets to finals. Loses to Reigns.

ISEC takes to Twitter and all the various wrestling call in radio shows to talk about Neville getting blueberried.

Let me fix this for accuracy

"IWC complains online about how Roman once again gets carried through a match by a better talent"

KissVibes

Banned
HE'S DONE IT! HE'S DONE IT! ROMAN REIGNS HAS SHUT DOWN THE BIG SHOW ONCE AGAIN TO BECOME KING OF THE RING!

The King REIGNS Supreme, Michael! Roman Reigns joins ranks with some of the greatest of all time. Tito Santana! Stone Cold! Brock Lesnar! And who can forget our pal Booker T! King Booker!!

Get ready for this. Also get ready for Neville getting punched the fuck out while trying to hit Red Arrow on Big Show in the semi-finals.

Sephzilla

HE'S DONE IT! HE'S DONE IT! ROMAN REIGNS HAS SHUT DOWN THE BIG SHOW ONCE AGAIN TO BECOME KING OF THE RING!

The King REIGNS Supreme, Michael! Roman Reigns joins ranks with some of the greatest of all time. Tito Santana! Stone Cold! Brock Lesnar! And who can forget our pal Booker T! King Booker!!

fuck. i can hear it in my head

Top Bottom