• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

Ithil

There is no nuance to discussion. If you look through the last couple pages(and it's been going on for a couple months now) there is basically a line and you're either on one side of it or the other. Any debate that happens just feels like a back and forth of devil's advocate.

An improvement would be less of a concerted effort to gang up on individual posters. The IRC room almost solely exists as a place for a small group of posters to congregate and organize antagonizing behavior at selected individuals. See: any time there is a string of gif responses from you, Heel, Cure, scabro, etc. The March Taylor Swift OT was a bit of a watershed moment for WrassleGAF and the amount of people from that chat being passive aggressive since then is pretty obvious. Seeing strobogo say "Hey, Hell. Set me up to talk about Bork hitting a capsule." is groan-worthy at best. I also find it funny stro is trying to tell serenewarfare to "Say it to my face" now considering what a shit talker he has been the entire time he was banned.
QNB98KS.gif

Last time I was in one of these chats the first thing that happened was Yeezus told me to fuck off. Or perhaps "fuck you".
This is why I chat under a pseudonym. So many of these young cats here who can't wait to give me a piece of their mind, without the restrictions of the GAF Terms of Service.

You're being obtuse as hell if you contend the chat is not openly shitting on posters in the thread and creating a cliquish subcommunity within the community, one that thinks they should have more say in the general tone and direction the thread takes than the unwashed smarks they constantly rag on. I don't think there's neceasarily anything wrong with having an off-site place to vent in a way that would get you banned, in here, but at least have the balls to own up to what it is. I do enjoy it because I have a thick skin for shit-talking and do sometimes get frustrated with the thread, but let's not forget: it's a damn internet forum. If things annoy you, either ignore them or fuck off to elsewhere, as it's toxic and frustrating to constantly hear about how awful this place is or has been or is becoming or whatever and how we all need to post or think differently so as to not fall afoul of your narrow range of what you consider acceptable. Smarkiness is annoying, but meta-smarkiness is just as bad. Let us not become a whole thread of Jesse Ewiaks, friends.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You're being obtuse as hell if you contend the chat is not openly shitting on posters in the thread and creating a cliquish subcommunity within the community, one that thinks they should have more say in the general tone and direction the thread takes than the unwashed smarks they constantly rag on. I don't think there's neceasarily anything wrong with having an off-site place to vent in a way that would get you banned, in here, but at least have the balls to own up to what it is. I do enjoy it because I have a thick skin for shit-talking and do sometimes get frustrated with the thread, but let's not forget: it's a damn internet forum. If things annoy you, either ignore them or fuck off to elsewhere, as it's toxic and frustrating to constantly hear about how awful this place is or has been or is becoming or whatever and how we all need to post or think differently so as to not fall afoul of your narrow range of what you consider acceptable. Smarkiness is annoying, but meta-smarkiness is just as bad. Let us not become a whole thread of Jesse Ewiaks, friends.

Everything was great until the end when you put that burner out. LOL

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Looks like a dinner plate? Cruiserweight, huh?

Hama is NSFW

Hama or Akebono having a Samoa Joe style reign against the vanilla midgets would make me watch Wrestle-1, honestly. Or have Shuji Ishikawa come in and headbutt these young boys until they have brain damage like Honma.

Instead I'll just get MinoruWinsLol.
DEqbMoO.gif

BTW BJW's Strong Division is the best thing going in modern wrestling. Everyone is RAW POWA and I'm not even being facetious. It's so fucking good. Puts hair on your fucking chest. Wrestling is really good right now.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
No relation to this mysterious stranger I assume.

YHjTuTB.png

Probably the first Ithil post in quite some time to make me laugh out loud. Simpsons pics don't do it for me!

strobogo

Banned

If Carnby or Alucard or Serenewarfare want to join the chat and say mean things to me, they are free. It is the barbershop. GAF rules don't apply and shit will be talked. It's not exclusive at all. As much or more shit gets talked about the 10-15 people that are usually logged in than about the thread or anyone not logged in. It only becomes cliquey when no one logs in. You can't blame that on the people that log in or stay logged in.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
The only person I shit on in Nerd Chat is JPeepz but I do that openly here as well. Follow my lead, friends.

Gotta disagree with you there. Alucard posted all about ROH and LU and he is now on hiatus and it isn't because of the wrestling. Hell, Bootaaay doesn't seem to post as much on here anymore.
I did enjoy Bootaaay's take on Wrestlemania when he called in to The Law a few days ago.

strobogo

Banned
The only person I shit on in Nerd Chat is JPeepz but I do that openly here as well. Follow my lead, friends.

The thing that disturbed me most in my absence was JPeepz rise with unbelievably creepy galleries of creep shots after every show. And his obliviousness to being told how creepy those creep shots creep. I hope that gets cut down on because..ew.

Kaiterra

Banned
You're being obtuse as hell if you contend the chat is not openly shitting on posters in the thread and creating a cliquish subcommunity within the community, one that thinks they should have more say in the general tone and direction the thread takes than the unwashed smarks they constantly rag on. I don't think there's neceasarily anything wrong with having an off-site place to vent in a way that would get you banned, in here, but at least have the balls to own up to what it is. I do enjoy it because I have a thick skin for shit-talking and do sometimes get frustrated with the thread, but let's not forget: it's a damn internet forum. If things annoy you, either ignore them or fuck off to elsewhere, as it's toxic and frustrating to constantly hear about how awful this place is or has been or is becoming or whatever and how we all need to post or think differently so as to not fall afoul of your narrow range of what you consider acceptable. Smarkiness is annoying, but meta-smarkiness is just as bad.
Let us not become a whole thread of Jesse Ewiaks, friends.

2541501-9112999604-8247%25.gif

Yeah I would second all of this.I don't think it's intentional but IRC does get carried away with that shit to the point where I just wanna go "get a life" sometimes.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
In a sure to upset people move, Justin Roberts began shooting today:

So rather than honor those people that you don’t see or hear about , who work hard to put on the shows that we all love, the company decided to tell a different story. This year, they spliced and spun the Warrior’s speech to make the award about “warriors” outside of the company, because that might make for a better story — and for better publicity.

“It’s inspiring to see people helping people.” …”I think it would be appropriate to have a category in the Hall of Fame where you honor these people.” But wait. I watched his speech last year. They took what he said and twisted it to become something totally different. Ok, you don’t want to honor the hard working employees? Ok, no problem. You’re going to honor people who help people, soldiers, Special Olympians, warriors? Ok, it’s not what he was going for in the speech, but I personally am ok with honoring these warriors.

They gave the award to my friend, Connor Michalek and I am very much ok with that, but I might be biased. Eight year-old Connor was a tough, witty, smart & lovable person. I met him in the crowd of the Pittsburgh Royal Rumble in January of 2014. He caught my eye as it looked like maybe he was going through some rough times.

More at the link:
https://medium.com/@JustinRoberts/b...ee-and-portions-of-what-you-hear-296f34743af4

I know a lot of people were...well...this is where nuance comes into play.

Heel

I can see how a bit of friendly banter can be construed as hostile and insular. Some people chop it up at the barbershop, some sit quietly at SuperCuts. Some people believe Brock went hardway, some people believe there was a blood capsule tied to the ring post. Different worlds, different people. I'm sure Yeezus told Ithil "fuck you" he had good intentions.

We're a little down the rabbit hole, though. What's everyone's favorite wrestling hold?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I can see how a bit of friendly banter can be construed as hostile and insular. Some people chop it up at the barbershop, some sit quietly at SuperCuts. Some people believe Brock went hardway, some people believe there was a blood capsule tied to the ring post. Different worlds, different people. I'm sure Yeezus told Ithil "fuck you" he had good intentions.

We're a little down the rabbit hole, though. What's everyone's favorite wrestling hold?

I am on #teamcapsule just for posterity's sake.

My favorite wrestling HOLD is the Boston Crab. I think it was the first submission in wrasslin' I ever saw, and always loved the ease of how you put it on your friends.

XenoRaven

There is no nuance to discussion. If you look through the last couple pages(and it's been going on for a couple months now) there is basically a line and you're either on one side of it or the other. Any debate that happens just feels like a back and forth of devil's advocate.

An improvement would be less of a concerted effort to gang up on individual posters. The IRC room almost solely exists as a place for a small group of posters to congregate and organize antagonizing behavior at selected individuals. See: any time there is a string of gif responses from you, Heel, Cure, scabro, etc. The March Taylor Swift OT was a bit of a watershed moment for WrassleGAF and the amount of people from that chat being passive aggressive since then is pretty obvious. Seeing strobogo say "Hey, Hell. Set me up to talk about Bork hitting a capsule." is groan-worthy at best. I also find it funny stro is trying to tell serenewarfare to "Say it to my face" now considering what a shit talker he has been the entire time he was banned.
This explains what I already suspected and is 100% of what annoys me about this community now.

Well, it's more like 99% with the 1% being Guy Fieri gifs, which makes this whole post somewhat ironic.

Kaladin

Provide 1 reason why you feel WrassleGAF is on the decline

Provide 1 thing that would make WrassleGAF better that is not a removal of a particular member

It's on the decline because we have some smarks who like to work themselves into a shoot.

What would make that better? Stop being so quick to judge the show and enjoy what you can from it....anytime anything good happens, certain people wonder how they will fuck it up, or how they will cut it short. I've been guilty of it myself sometimes. We got too many marks that don't know it a work when you work a work and work yourself into a shoot.

Goodnight HULKAMANIACS.

strobogo

Banned
I support the Rings of Saturn, as I had to use that in a SHOOT while restraining a giant who I couldn't hold in the trained way.

Kaladin

Favorite hold?

It's a tie.

Cattle Mutilation:

cattlemutilation.jpg

Rear naked choke:

IMG_1462.jpg

Both look like they immobilize and make it difficult for their opponent to struggle.

Runner up:

Undertaker's Hell's Gate:

Hellsgate23102009.jpg

I'm sorry, a blood capsule tied to the ring posts?! That is quite possibly the most childish, Looney Tunes explanation I've read about wrestling this month. First off, after Brock's head came off the post he only had a trickle of blood on his face and moments later his whole face was covered. I suppose you're going to try to tell me this was a delayed release capsule or something.

I think we can put the capsule argument to rest now.

Fox318

Hell's Gate has to be the worst. I remember the first time I saw it thinking: "Why isn't the ref counting for pinfall?"

XenoRaven

While I'm at it, I think we need to give the ol' Hulk Hogan tweet a rest before we ruin it forever.

Booker T tweet has had enough of a break and can come back any time.

I have no idea if this place is on the decline, it seems no different now than it did when i started posting months ago.

Things that I enjoy here are the gifs and recommendations. I would have never watched the glory of Progress had it not been for this thread, began watching NOAH again or known that others love AA as much as I do.

I always mark out whenever I'm watching a old WWE PPV and I see Foley break out the spike piledriver of his. If I'm ever in a fight for my life, I know that's the wrasslin move I'll be relying on.... or perhaps the patented sledgehammer shot, really depends on what tools are available.

somedevil

Sometimes you go to look down the rabbit hole to fix problems.

Anyway an interesting Daniel Bryan interview. He discusses his pitch to ROH where he loses a loser leaves ROH and comes back as Starman from Pro Wrestling of Nes.

The big one is he pitch to WWE that when they go on the tour of Japan he wants to do a inter-promotional match with Shinsuke Nakamura that airs of both the networks.

I doubt it will happen though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsTC8FJppJU

XenoRaven

Hell's Gate sucks because if you can get someone in the Hell's Gate, you can get them in a triangle choke which is way more effective. It's like you just have to move your leg a little and bam, triangle.

Heroman

Banned
Sometimes you go to look down the rabbit hole to fix problems.

Anyway an interesting Daniel Bryan interview. He discusses his pitch to ROH where he loses a loser leaves ROH and comes back as Starman from Pro Wrestling of Nes.

The big one is he pitch to WWE that when they go on the tour of Japan he wants to do a inter-promotional match with Shinsuke Nakamura that airs of both the networks.

I doubt it will happen though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsTC8FJppJU
A match between Daniel Bryan and Nakmura would be pure hype.

Top Bottom