• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

Brock Lesnar's suplex city mode reminds me of the Wwe Gamecube games when you activate your finisher mode and spam it as many times as possible. Shame we won't get to witness the glory again till Summerslam.

Kaladin

I'm watching Lucha Underground for the first time.

Where has this been in my life?

This is awesome.

I love how they do the backstage stuff.

I'd call her a great talker.

She knows how to get the crowd to get mad. The "SHUT TUP" thing works perfectly.
She was good in her role at the beginning but I think she's dragging Rusev down at this point. I know a lot has been given to Rollins' improved promos on the mic but Rusev's ascent is just as good if not even better. The guy is top notch right now.

Fox318

Brock Lesnar's suplex city mode reminds me of the Wwe Gamecube games when you activate your finisher mode and spam it as many times as possible. Shame we won't get to witness the glory again till Summerslam.

I still think he needs to come back and get a ticket and sit in the stands like Scott Hall.

I don't really even know any of you, as I'm just an ocassional poster here, but I just want to tell you all that I love you, and I want this thread to be ok.

Picture a gif of every Taylor hand heart and that is the big heart I'm sending your way, friend. Keep doing and being you, and we hope to see more of it in here <3

dream

I'm finally reading this week's Observer, Heel, and this sentence just chilled me to the bone:

When Enzo Amore came out, the entire building cut his promo with him. This was the 100 fans in Full Sail that sit in front of the camera, and thousands all over the world trying to be those people.

I still think he needs to come back and get a ticket and sit in the stands like Scott Hall.
Would be great, I can see that happening for one show before Summerslam before he jumps the rail and demands his rematch by threatening to kill someone like the other night.

Thorakai

New Japan would absolutely let it happen. It's WWE that won't. Because if they did, they'd have to recognize that a whole other company has wrestlers that rival their own in popularity.

You know that, and I know that, but Vince thinks that every other wrestling promotion out there has the potential to become the next WCW and kill off his business for good.

What? I'm pretty sure the more logical explanation is that Vince doesn't see any benefit at all to bringing NJPW to WWE. Why help the competition when they have so much more to gain? You're talking about NJPW getting the benefit of increased exposure from the biggest wrestling company in the world in a huge market like NA vs the WWE only getting exposure for the smaller Japanese market. The small benefit in the WWE side becomes even more moot when they can get a foothold in that market with just one or two big talent acquisitions from Japan like they are doing with KENTA. Not to mention all the marketing work the WWE has to put in to get viewers not only acquainted with NJPW talent, but to make them into people worth caring about. Its just a whole lot of effort for peanuts in gains for the WWE.

I'm finally reading this week's Observer, Heel, and this sentence just chilled me to the bone:

I'm not a huge fan of the word-for-word repeat promos when guys come into the ring. Reminds me of some DX/New Age Outlaws shit. Granted it does indicate that the dude is pretty damn over.

Aiii

So not worth it

This is awesome.

Lucha Underground is really great. Glad you decided to give it a shot, it really deserves all the praise it's getting.

I hope it stays around for a long time, Season 2 is pretty much a given if rumors are correct, so I'm hopeful.

somedevil

Lucha Underground is really great. Glad you decided to give it a shot, it really deserves all the praise it's getting.

I hope it stays around for a long time, Season 2 is pretty much a given if rumors are correct, so I'm hopeful.

If there is a season 2 right now it won't be taped till 2016 with the first season ending in August.

Plus why is TNA using crappy drawings for there match graphics?

Aiii

So not worth it
Which is the proper business decision.

Is it, though? The last time WWE was on top of the world and hotter than it has ever been before, and after, were when they had legitimate competition.

Business wise, you might think having no competition is what's best, but that's debatable given the history.

scabro

i miss your essays, friend.

and i had no idea glory was tonight, funny how wrasslegaf is more excited than mma-gaf by mere virtue of not being a near dead community.

Kaladin

Does it have seasons and take breaks like regular TV shows or will it be throughout the year like most wrestling?

Aiii

So not worth it
Does it have seasons and take breaks like regular TV shows or will it be throughout the year like most wrestling?

I'm not quite sure to be honest, they have done more tapings, so it'll be around for a while more. But given they treat it like a TV show, I would imagine there is a point where they take a break.

But there's nothing official on it, might be they run it around the year like a regular wrestling company and just go to "Season 2" in the fall.

OctoMan

Banned
Is it, though? The last time WWE was on top of the world and hotter than it has ever been before, and after, were when they had legitimate competition.

Business wise, you might think having no competition is what's best, but that's debatable given the history.
That was 2 companies legitimately at war. Promoting your own competition to create competition is dumb.

Kaladin

I'm not quite sure to be honest, they have done more tapings, so it'll be around for a while more. But given they treat it like a TV show, I would imagine there is a point where they take a break.

But there's nothing official on it, might be they run it around the year like a regular wrestling company and just go to "Season 2" in the fall.

I also like that unlike NXT and TNA, I haven't been able to get spoilers for the Lucha tapings.....and I hope to avoid them.

I know not everyone's a fan of the British wrestling style, but if you've never seen it before spare 10 or so minutes to watch this great little match with a young Dynamite Kid defending his British Light Heavyweight Title against veteran Tony Scarlo. Some fantastic hold-for-hold stuff here, plus Dynamite gets to show flashes of his speed and agility. Scarlo's a delight to watch as well, everything he does is so smooth and he sells in that great understated sort of way a lot of the old British guys did. Well worth a watch, friends;

Dynamite Kid (c) vs Tony Scarlo - British Light Heavyweight Title - (World of Sport 1977/10/13)

7LvAMXM.gif
Zfz2Xbt.gif
Thanks for linking this, I really enjoyed the different style, I can see how some of it has been incorporated by some of the younger wrestlers. Always cool to see a different style of the sport.

Wrestlers really need to drop this whole "tweeting in-gimmick" thing.

No way! Kayfabe performance tweets are hilarious.
Also considering Infosec Taylor Swift is so well liked I'd argue it's best for business too.

Oh my fucking god they're actually considering Reigns/Show for Extreme Rules

I hope they do it.

Can be the new bathroom break!

I don't know. "Loose Cannon" Big Show shitting on Roman on commentary was pretty funny.

I wish Show would transition from the ring to the comm team full time soon, I found him hilarious as colour!

Roman vs Rusev. An American cheated to beat Rusev, and he's going to take it out on an American loser. Easy peasy.

That would work fine. Rusev is a big guy who can eat a spear and a superman punch and keep kicking, would be a fun contest of stamina.

Why does Pillars of Eternity have a near 1 gig patch a week after release?

Obsidian game. They could spend decades polishing and still have tons of stuff to do. Awesome developer who bite off just a tiny bit too much and end up with amazing products that and area or two that needs attention post release.

BREAKING: AJ Lee (April Mendez) has decided to retire from in-ring competition with WWE. We wish AJ the very best.

https://twitter.com/WWE

I was a big fan but she'd given up a while back. Very interested to see where she goes from here.

Really fucking weird the WWE app sent me a notification about this. First notification I've EVER got from the app on my phone...

Love you all <3

Love you too Vince! Don't stop believing.

I wonder why Brie is seemingly lagging so far behind especially considering she is with Daniel. Nikki can just wreck wrestlers now but Brie kind of exists just to scream.
If Total Divas has taught me at least one thing it's that John Cena lives and breaths the gym, so now Nikki lives and breaths the gym. Like Vince said, the Cena influence is obviously a good thing for her. Dude is all about improving and getting better at his game, I have no doubt he has been coaching her and vice versa.

That would be a surefire way to get a hot crowd going. They started doing crowd shit with the Shield/Roman entrances but haven't gone beyond that which is disappointing.

Last time any Nitros were added on the network was on September 3. Geez.

What the fuck are they waiting for? Clearances on content? Seems dumb as fuck to sit on all that content that you could be advertising to get more subscribers.

Off-topic, but I've been debating on getting a PS4 the last few days. I hated the DS3, and generally can't stand the symmetrical stick layout. I haven't had a chance to get my hands on a DS4 yet. Thoughts on it compared to the DS3?

DS4 shits on the DS3 from a great distance. DS4 is the best controller I've used, I prefer it to the X1 controller by a mile and this is coming from someone who was mainly a 360 only gamer last gen.

PInk Tape

Banned
Yeah, but I'm still gonna do it. If I can dig up a mouthbreathing cro-magnon, well, I figure I probably should.

I agree. If that's one way we can help make things less uncomfortable for people wanting to post here, I'm all for it.

I think it depends on the finisher.

Brock has made the F5 matter because he pulled it out so early in matches.

It also helps that he is one of the few guys that doesn't go in for the pin because he wants to beat up his opponents and not just win.

I see. Yeah it definitely works for Brock and other "monster" characters who just want to wreck shit.

Aiii

So not worth it
That was 2 companies legitimately at war. Promoting your own competition to create competition is dumb.

Yeah, about that...

I also like that unlike NXT and TNA, I haven't been able to get spoilers for the Lucha tapings.....and I hope to avoid them.

They have strict policies on that, even disallowing people to have their phones on them during the shows. It's quite cool, even Meltzer only gets sporadic and vague spoilers.

Toki767

I always figured that Lucha Underground tapes a bunch of matches at once and then airs them out of order. Like what Prime Time Wrestling used to be.

Aiii

So not worth it
The Titus O Neil versus New Day feud on twitter is pretty great

https://twitter.com/XavierWoodsPhD/status/584049151677194241

It's a shame these guys (and so many other wrestlers) don't get to do this on WWE programming. If only they ditched their creative team and went back to old-school booking where wrestlers were allowed a bit of free roaming so they could cut promo's and develop feuds without necessarily having to follow a script.

Wrestlers now are just bodies, showing up and reading lines, where in the past they were creative talent, building storylines, promos and matches along with them together with the promoter/head booker. Such a waste of talent.

dream

The gimmick itself seems so outdated and a major stereotype that you’d think nobody would do today, and is dying on its own something fierce. Kingston has been popular at a mid-card level for years and now he’s dead as a character. But I’ve noticed at local indies that if a black wrestler comes out, there are fans chanting that unique “New Day” at them (and you can imagine how much that would annoy them legit).

Is that because professional wrestling fans think all black people look alike?

scabro

how the hell did a lip sync battle show on spike tv get emily blunt, anne hathaway, the rock, etc to pretend to sing songs in front of an audience?

jmdajr

Wow they have a ton of WWE Beyond the Ring docs now on the network.

Need to catch up with Macho Man and Heyman one.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
i miss your essays, friend.

and i had no idea glory was tonight, funny how wrasslegaf is more excited than mma-gaf by mere virtue of not being a near dead community.

The most active posters in mma-gaf have migrated to this thread, the others are banned. I think it's time we complete the merger.

KissVibes

Banned
Can we talk about how Christian has the best theme song and how it's a crime he isn't being used by WWE just because we don't get to hear it?

Christian has an incredible thing. Especially better when it basically lays out his story of his relationship with Edge and how Edge has been standing in his way, taking his shine.

Christian should've been WWE World Champion. He deserved it more than Jericho ever did. Mark Henry too. Fuck Jericho.

JavyOO7

Christian has an incredible thing. Especially better when it basically lays out his story of his relationship with Edge and how Edge has been standing in his way, taking his shine.

Christian should've been WWE World Champion. He deserved it more than Jericho ever did. Mark Henry too. Fuck Jericho.

I could have sworn that Christian had a run as champ.

MC Safety

You know who else routinely put their big butt in peoples face?

WWF Champion and monster heel, Yokozuna. And his butt was the most protected finisher maybe in WWE history

Not sure what you're getting at here. It seems a pretty bad comparison given my example.

Ultratech

Damn, I enjoy my day off and I miss all sorts of stuff.

(I'm way out of the loop these days...it's quite sad.)

Sucks to hear about AJ retiring.

This is awesome.

OH YEAH!

LU is pretty good stuff.

Very entertaining and pretty good matches.

Make sure you watch that Casket Match (or "GRAVE CONSEQUENCES" as they call it ) when you can.

Top Bottom