• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

Recall

Watched the Macho Man documentary now up on The Network and I must say it is almost impossible to not appreciate how above and beyond he went and how much effort he put into his craft.

No wonder Vince hates the current crop of bare minimum millennials.

Both dudes looked bad. Taker looked in shape, but old and slow as fuck. Bray looked slow, out of his league, and the match had no story at all. I think the complete lack of any video package made the whole thing feel like a post-story mission in an open world game.

I thought Taker started out okay but around 10 minutes before the end he either got another concussion or blew up. We haven't heard about any other injuries so I guess its the later. Not great if you can't work one full match a year.

bjork

As a funny aside, I remember years ago when the wrestling thread was in OT and was lucky to make it to 100 posts, skimming the thread around the time that Angle went to TNA. The general consensus from everyone was that Angle was near death and if he had one more match or lept off the top rope, that he would die. And yet, here we are all these years later, Angle is still here. Just goes to show that DMczaf's generation was awful and didn't know squat.

Best era of wrassle-age for sure.

kiguel182

Here's an unpopular opinion that may be clouded by my desire to see Bray succeed.

Taker was in better shape this year but he's still old and slow as hell. It's been this way for several years but he's been wrestling opponents that can cover it up. Bray is not there yet. That said, it's easy to point at Bray and say "if you can't have a good match with Taker, you can't have a good match with anybody". But shouldn't we be expecting the long time veteran to be making younger talent look good? That match is as much on Taker as it is Bray.

That being said, I don't think it was as bad as most people probably do.

I barely even remember anything from that match. It was just unmemorable. Taker did his spots, Bray did his and it wasn't exciting or meant anything.

Carnby

Watched the Macho Man documentary now up on The Network and I must say it is almost impossible to not appreciate how above and beyond he went and how much effort he put into his craft.

I watched it last night too and I agree with your comment.

Other thoughts: who knew Macho was such a jealous abusive disgusting psycho when it came to Elizabeth?

Lol at Hulk saying his backstage brawl with Macho was a shoot. Yeah right buddy.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I did Kasai vs Makabe in KoC 2 and all Makabe did was lariat spam. And he still won.

He's even a shit wrestler in video game form.

Aiii

So not worth it

The only thing 2015 Vince hates more than young people is people that dare get themselves over.

WWE Superstar ‘Bad News’ Barrett will star in “Eliminators,” which follows “a former U.S. federal agent who must abandon the witness protection program and come out of hiding after his London home is mistakenly invaded — leading to him finding himself on the run from Europe’s most dangerous assassin to get his daughter to safety.”

Variety is reporting a late spring start in filming, which Barrett himself confirmed earlier this afternoon. Barrett also revealed his role in the film, saying he would be playing the main role of the assassin in the movie.

i can't wait

this is hilarious to me

7gOHOQq.png

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I haven't done an active fave five in forever so... Here it is.

AJ Styles
Jun Kasai
Go Shiozaki(high chance to be number 1 if his reign continues to be so good)
Yuji Okabayashi
Atsushi Aoki

D

Deleted member 18827

Unconfirmed Member
Brocks monster build should end with Bryan winning at wm next year. Have Rollins and reigns feud for a few months, Brock comes back and wins at summer slam in a triple threat(pins Rollins so Vince can keep reigns going). Db wins the rumble, build up to wm. Crowd will go mental

Brocks monster build should end with Bryan winning at wm next year. Have Rollins and reigns feud for a few months, Brock comes back and wins at summer slam in a triple threat(pins Rollins so Vince can keep reigns going). Db wins the rumble, build up to wm. Crowd will go mental

The way Brock wrestles now, a D.BRY match where he does anything other than get squashed will be an anticlimactic end to Brock's dominance. Brock just signed a three year contract, I'm pretty sure he's not gonna get beaten clean till it's nearly done. Plus, Brock is basically a face, now, with the crowd, so why have face Branny Dyin' be the one to beat him? Qui bono?

kiguel182

I think we can stop with the "Bryan should defeat Brock at Mania" stuff.

It's not about size but about momentum. Bryan isn't as hot as he needs to be to get that push and he probably won't ever be. I doubt that he will ever even if be champ again.

And it's true, Lesnar is a face right now and I don't know that even Bryan could change that.

D

Deleted member 18827

Unconfirmed Member
The way Brock wrestles now, a D.BRY match where he does anything other than get squashed will be an anticlimactic end to Brock's dominance. Brock just signed a three year contract, I'm pretty sure he's not gonna get beaten clean till it's nearly done. Plus, Brock is basically a face, now, with the crowd, so why have face Branny Dyin' be the one to beat him? Qui bono?
The only wrestler people will believe/happy with beating brock is db.

MC Safety

And it's true, Lesnar is a face right now and I don't know that even Bryan could change that.

Brock Lesnar is not a good guy. He's a bad guy the fans like. Good guys don't put Michael Cole in the hospital.

I think Bryan v. Lesnar would be a good David v. Goliath matchup.

Hasney

I don't care who wins, I just want to see the match.

Same with Brock/Cesaro, but there's never going to be a chance of that. Not one on equal footing anyway.

Brock Lesnar is not a good guy. He's a bad guy the fans like. Good guys don't put Michael Cole in the hospital.

Lies. He may as well have gone for the "It's good to be RIGHT IN HERE <town name>" cheap pop to be any cheaper than hitting Michael Cole.

shaowebb

I like Bryan but come on, there are other options

So golden boy Reigns didn't beat him, but the dude with the Jobber title should? No thank you

Daniel Bryan beating Lesnar while holding the IC title would go a long way for the company IMO. It'd be like when The Ultimate Warrior held both belts...a belt vs belt championship match is always big and draws crowds. Plus if Bryan holds both you can utilize Lesnar elsewhere in the roster to create big matches outside the title chase. That and if it did get booked and they gave it to DB, it'd be easier to see him dropping a title than current Lesnar.

If it was me...I'd book Dean Ambrose harassing the shit outta DB. Aiding in the Lesnar match and Bryan being pissed finding out he won via Ambrose. Book Lesnar Ambrose and win or lose you build him up and slowly work your way through the cards with Lesnar destroying folks who get in his way until the cards lineup to have Ambrose move through the background story to turn an inevitable Bryan/Daniels into Shawn Michaels vs Bret Hart for this generation.Doesn't matter how long the double title reign is for DB if you do it this way and you could rap up the Lesnar issue with him taking the IC off Daniels due to Ambrose. You power build both men and create a more stable uppercard...especially in the promo and ring psychology department. Those two need to be up there to help put some of these folks over.Plus it builds up the IC title matches to be elevated due to Lesnar.

This is why I watch the japanese stuff...you don't need a bunch of story to put whose needed into the upper card and you don't need to justify putting workers high in the roster. Plus you got a lot less of the deadweight dragging down matches over there so you don't need to work as hard as over here to figure out who can work well in the upper card to keep guys looking good. They all look good over there. I hate the whole land of the giants boredom cards over here...needs more workers at the top of the card in WWE.

If the fans cheer when you put Michael Cole in the hospital (and it's not like MIchael Cole doesn't have history of being a heel/asshole) then you are a good guy. He's a very Stone Cold like good guy right now. WWE can run with that.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Daniel Bryan beating Lesnar while holding the IC title would go a long way for the company IMO. It'd be like when The Ultimate Warrior held both belts...a belt vs belt championship match is always big and draws crowds. Plus if Bryan holds both you can utilize Lesnar elsewhere in the roster to create big matches outside the title chase. That and if it did get booked and they gave it to DB, it'd be easier to see him dropping a title than current Lesnar.

Like the idea of belt vs belt. Lesnar can come back and win every single title. Wins the WWE title, wins the US title, wins the tag team titles by himself without a partner. Somehow wins the divas title. Last belt left standing is the IC title and Bryan.

Heroman

Banned
I think we can stop with the "Bryan should defeat Brock at Mania" stuff.

It's not about size but about momentum. Bryan isn't as hot as he needs to be to get that push and he probably won't ever be. I doubt that he will ever even if be champ again.

Bryan might be the most over face guy their, it wouldn't be hard to push him.

Top Bottom