• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

Drew's current gimmick certainly sounds what someone with a little notoriety from working with the E would use to get over with people still crazy enough to watch tna

Entropia

No One Remembers
Watching these old shows with the tiny ass entrance ways, if the WWE wants more fans in the arena for 'attendance records', they should go back to that style. Most Arenas nowadays have large enough displays up top where any action in the back can be shown on those?

EDIT: On SummerSlam 96 right now. God damn, Faarooq with the 'gladiator' look.

Sephzilla

*How i felt when Man God came to back up my believe in the Mega Man X3 thread*

giphy.gif

RP912

Banned
I swear if EC3 don't get the fucking belt by the end of 2015...the company is dead to me. They already put Aries on the back burner, shitting on AJ Styles to the point of him chucking the peace sign, and put their own homegrown talent under the water for whaterver the fuck reasons.

It's like everytime TNA receives gold...they pawn it.

KissVibes

Banned
And now you know why Drew never became a top guy in the WWE. Because he thought promos like that were top notch.

I hope he writes thank you letters to Heath Slater daily.

Also. this is fun: arabic.wwe.com

Sephzilla

Rousey vs Steph McMahon sounds like a bad idea. Baddest woman fighter on the planet versus a business woman who's had one match in how long?

OOOOH YEAH, YOUR OPINION ON THE X SERIES IS OUT OF SIGHT!

X 1-3 are genuinely some of the best games I've ever played. When it left the SNES it just never felt the same

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Rousey vs Steph McMahon sounds like a bad idea. Baddest woman fighter on the planet versus a business woman who's had one match in how long?

X 1-3 are genuinely some of the best games I've ever played. When it left the SNES it just never felt the same

Because they are proto Zero games with too large of a focus on their lame ass story. Zero ends up being pretty cool in his own games, not shoehorned into X games.

strobogo

Banned

When did wrestling fans decide everything has to make sense and be completely logical at all times? No imagination left. Unless it is something like Chikara, who takes the imagination way too far. Ronda/Steph could be dope. Like...Ronda beating the shit out of J&J, probably HHH and Big Show, too.

Drew's gimmick in TNA at least is the legit most cringeworthy, pandering bullshit in wrestling right now. I assume he's doing it pretty much everywhere. The I'M A WRESTLING FAN AND WRESTLING FANS ARE GREAT SO I'M GOING TO DO MY PROMO IN THE CROWD WITH WRESTLING FANS BECAUSE WE'RE TAKING BACK WRESTLING GUYS garbage. Absolutely embarrassing on every level.

That is exactly the promo he cut at Evolve, except replacing TNA with Evolve.

Sephzilla

When did wrestling fans decide everything has to make sense and be completely logical at all times? No imagination left. Unless it is something like Chikara, who takes the imagination way too far. Ronda/Steph could be dope. Like...Ronda beating the shit out of J&J, probably HHH and Big Show, too.
That's an awfully broad stroke for my own personal opinion

Anything and everything that tells a story needs to make at least some semblance of sense in my opinion, otherwise it's shit.

@WWEAJLee
CB28-TAUEAEbRd9.jpg

Break the rules. Be a fighter. Any dream is possible if you are brave enough to do it YOUR way. Thank you all.

#ThankYouAJ

Also count me in on the people who don't want to see Rousey/Steph at Mania. A tag match would be fine, but singles, I don't trust them to book Steph to start a match and end the match 30 seconds later tapping, and anything less (aka anything longer) misses the whole point of Rousey. She's a machine who takes arms and wins in under a minute 98% of the time.

If you get lucky enough to book her for a wrestling match, don't get cute, don't fuck with the thing a bunch of males actually bought a UFC PPV just to see for once (which is actually a big deal), give them what they want: a quick fucking match with Rousey winning. And I don't trust them to do that.

Heroman

Banned

It would start out good bad than turn to shit by week two of the feud, and her beating up HHH and the other would be dumb.

strobogo

Banned
That's an awfully broad stroke for my own personal opinion

Anything and everything that tells a story needs to make at least some semblance of sense in my opinion, otherwise it's shit.

It's not just from you. It's also from the WM 31 thread and the Ronda/Steph thread. It's like wrestling fans just don't want fun shit to happen anymore. Or continuity has to make perfect sense. People complaining about the nWo helping Sting at WM and shit.

strobogo

Banned
It would start out good bad than turn to shit by week two of the feud, and her beating up HHH and the other would be dumb.

What's dumb about it? She already did throw HHH around and it was FnP.

Give me a minute so I can do my first triple post and see how it feels.

KissVibes

Banned
I guarantee that Steph vs Rousey becomes Rousey vs Steph & someone like a returning Kharma or someone from NXT. That way Steph can take the L without getting pinned.

Heroman

Banned
What's dumb about it? She already did throw HHH around and it was FnP.

Give me a minute so I can do my first triple post and see how it feels.
I hated it when she it did at wm, he took more of a bump there did he in the macth with sting and Because what HHH gonna ,do fight her?

Entropia

No One Remembers
Wow, not a lot of Mero fans! :(

All I am saying is, the matches that I have seen have been passable.

Also: Glad to see The Network has a "Resume Watching" feature.

Next feature(s) I'd like to see implemented:
Some of these stupid skit matches (i.e. Lawler vs. Roberts) that I'd rather skip through needs a 'next match' button.
After an event ends, it should show me other events to watch, like WM 18 -> Backlash, or WM 18 -> WM 19

EDIT: Yikes, seeing this Lawler vs. Roberts match and he pours booze down his throat... that's just unsettling given what we know now. Kind of like how Scott Hall was in WCW :(

strobogo

Banned
I hated it when she it did at wm, he took more of a bump there did he in the macth with sting and Because what HHH gonna ,do fight her?

Of course not. He'd get his ass kicked. Just like Steph. Which is the point. The thing people have been bitching about for 2 years (Steph getting her comeuppance) could actually happen with a match with Ronda.

I doubt Ronda is still doing MMA in 2 years anyway. She's smashed through every competitor and no way is Cyborg going to even be able to drop the weight to fight her. She's going that Gina Carano route and going to get into modeling/sponsorship/movies. I think Ronda is done by 30. I absolutely see her doing some wrestling stuff after that.

jred2k

I find it hard to believe AJ has only been in NJPW for a year now. He's had what feels like years worth of quality matches.

Heroman

Banned
Of course not. He'd get his ass kicked. Just like Steph. Which is the point. The thing people have been bitching about for 2 years (Steph getting her comeuppance) could actually happen with a match with Ronda.

I doubt Ronda is still doing MMA in 2 years anyway. She's smashed through every competitor and no way is Cyborg going to even be able to drop the weight to fight her. She's going that Gina Carano route and going to get into modeling/sponsorship/movies. I think Ronda is done by 30. I absolutely see her doing some wrestling stuff after that.
She should get what coming to her from a active diva, not Ronda.

strobogo

Banned
She should get what coming to her from a active diva, not Ronda.

There is no one on the active roster or in NXT that will get more eyeballs and be more believable than Ronda Rousey. WWE would be stupid to not use her in a match if they can get her. It's essentially like getting Mike Tyson in his prime and at the height of his popularity to actually get in your ring. Not be a special ref and get into a shoving contest. Actually get in there and compete. Ronda Rousey is a bigger star than pretty much everyone in WWE, male or female. And she's still going to be a year from now.

Heroman

Banned
There is no one on the active roster or in NXT that will get more eyeballs and be more believable than Ronda Rousey. WWE would be stupid to not use her in a match if they can get her. It's essentially like getting Mike Tyson in his prime and at the height of his popularity to actually get in your ring. Not be a special ref and get into a shoving contest. Actually get in there and compete. Ronda Rousey is a bigger star than pretty much everyone in WWE, male or female. And she's still going to be a year from now.
Eyeball sure but believable kind of doesn't work here since step if like 40, and to be honest unless she is on TV a lot it wouldnt really help wm 32 that much.
If the WWE plays their cards right I could see a mark like Ronda Rousey dabbling with an actual run in the company.
And do what, no cares about the divas and she would have to get train ed and stuff.

If you want WWE to give divas a chance, getting a woman in there to make a SHIT-TON of money and jump-start the idea of "divas" in the popular imagination could be just the ticket, really. If, by that time, you have Paige, Nattie, Naomi, Nikki, Charlotte, Emma, Bayley, Sasha, Becky, and perhaps a few others on the main roster, you have the potential for an actually serious women's division, and Ronda could be the gateway to get eyes and attention on it, especially if WWE could somehow coax her into an actual run and make her the female Bork in a few years.

Edit: If we have Steph vs. Ronda, they'll sell the idea that Steph would lose immediately in a fair fight and gimmick up the match to "even things up". It should be a mixed tag match, no DQ, with Steph hitting Ronda with things and trying to wear her down, only to still get absolutely wrecked.

DDT4 2015'teams announced

The 2015 DDT4 takes place Friday, May 22nd, 2015 at American Legion Post #308 – 7338 Canby Ave., Reseda, CA 91335
non tournament match: Johnny Gargano vs “Speedball” Mike Bailey
Roderick Strong vs. Brian Cage vs. Chris Hero for the PWG World Title
Teams:

Team Tremendous (Dan Barry & Bill Carr) make their PWG debut
Forth Gunn (Drew Gulak & Biff Busick)
Beaver Boys (John Silver & Alex Reynolds)
World’s Cutest Tag Team (Joey Ryan & Candice LeRae)
Inner City Machine Guns (Ricochet & Rich Swann)
Monster Mafia (Ethan Page & Josh Alexander)
Andrew Everett and Trevor Lee
Love Gun (Chris Sabin and Matt Sydal)

strobogo

Banned
Which of Marc Mero's gimmick's were the best? Johnny B. Badd? Wildman? Or boxer dude?

I like boxer dude Marc Mero the most. His matches still weren't anything special, but he seemed to have a lot of fun being a dick head and he looked cool with the buzzed head and beard. Towards the end of his WWF run he started getting goofy as shit with it, too.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Which of Marc Mero's gimmick's were the best? Johnny B. Badd? Wildman? Or boxer dude?

Johnny B Badd by a country mile. Nothing else ever really worked and I always saw Badd behind the boxing trunks.

It takes some serious work to get a Little Richard gimmick over and he fucking DID IT, bigtime, in the south.

Kaladin

UFC won't let Ronda Rousey do shit while she is under contract with them.

More than any other sport, they know how badly someone can be injured while training, and especially in a one off high profile match.

You won't ever see her really do anything in the ring aside from cornering someone or being a ref, same as Mike Tyson.

UFC won't let Ronda Rousey do shit while she is under contract with them.

More than any other sport, they know how badly someone can be injured while training, and especially in a one off high profile match.

You won't ever see her really do anything in the ring aside from cornering someone or being a ref, same as Mike Tyson.

A gimmick match with Stephanie likely won't be any more strenuous or dangerous than the stunt fight scenes in Furious 7.

Top Bottom