• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

Sephzilla

¡HarlequinPanic!;159000970 said:
robocop at the same event as the terminator without some all out war breaking out. NERAH, not likely. Have any of you fools even HEARD of robocop vs. terminator?! *snort, laugh,pushes glasses up bridge of nose*
Nerd mode.

Robocop vs Terminator is a slam dunk story that somehow everyone manages to fuck up.

Fintan

I was expecting Flair to come out. Connections to both Sting and Triple H obviously. And he had that segment with Triple H.

PWG DDT4 has been announced and it will be May 22nd

Non tournament matches are
Roderick Strong(c) vs Chris Hero vs Brian Cage triple threat for the PWG World title

Johnny Gargano vs "Speedball" Mike Bailey

The Tag Teams in the tournament are
Team Tremendous (Bill Carr and Dan Barry making their PWG debut)
Drew Gulak and Biff Busick
Beaver Boys (John Silver and Alex Reynolds)
World's Cutest Tag Team (Joey Ryan and Candice LeRae)
Inner City Machine Guns (Ricochet and Rich Swann)
Monster Mafia (Josh Alexander and Ethan Page)
Trevor Lee and Andrew Everett
Love Gun (Matt Sydal and Chris Sabin)

I think it should have been the four horseman and they should have turned on Stang. Flair, Anderson, Malenko, and someone else alive.

As for actual buddies you have Luger, Booker T, Dusty Rhodes.

The cleanest way to do it would have been Michaels helping HHH and Flair helping Sting, they even set it up with Hunter punking Ric a few weeks before, but it was clear they were going for a huge nostalgia pop by bringing out NWO and DX. You sort of have to suspend your disbelief for those kinds of matches. To keep with the comic comparison, it's more like an Elseworld's or What If? story than something in line with continuity.

DMczaf

Basically, WM31 completely ruined the entire one year build of Crow Sting, it was all a god damn lie. WCW had every right to doubt Sting's loyalty, he was nWo all along!

That asshole! WE TRUSTED YOU!

Sephzilla

The nWo helping Sting bugged me from a making sense angle but like others have said, it was more for a DX vs nWo / WWF vs WCW thing. And for that, I had fun with it.

It's possible to both have fun with something and still point out it's flaws stro. It doesn't have to be one or the other.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Basically, WM31 proved that the entire storyline of Crow Sting was a god damn lie. WCW had every right to doubt Sting's loyalty, he was nWo all along!

That asshole! WE TRUSTED YOU!

It's either that or WM Play Stang was NWO Stang all along. Which means we might get STANG versus STANG at 32.

Flair would have turned on him. Then again by that logic the Bullet Club should have turned on Stang.

Flair pretending to come out to help Sting then turning on him would have been awesome too. He could have even brought out the classic Horsemen like Arn, Ole and Paul Roma afterwards too.

The whole storyline was fucked anyway when they kept having Hunter push it as WWE vs WCW which was dumb from the start.

strobogo

Banned
I think it should have been the four horseman and they should have turned on Stang. Flair, Anderson, Malenko, and someone else alive.

I've seen people saying it should have been the Horsemen instead of the nWo, but that makes probably even LESS sense than the nWo. Flair shouldn't ever be helping Sting. As for guys to help him, Lex weighs 130 pounds, Dusty is nearly 70, and Book was just almost fired a few weeks prior by HHH. The only guys that would make any sense are Goldberg and DDP. But it was really just so you could do an nWo vs DX thing and that's all it needed to be. Putting any more thought into it takes away all the fun.

Not only was Robocop vs Terminator fucked up multiple times, but so was Aliens vs Predators. Those comics suck just as much as the movies.

DMczaf

Flair pretending to come out to help Sting then turning on him would have been awesome too. He could have even brought out the classic Horsemen like Arn, Ole and Paul Roma afterwards too.

Only if a 1988 Lincoln Town Car rolled into the stadium packed with former 4 Horsemen.

mrboo001

Banned
How much can you guys see the Divas/Women's division improving between now and the next Wrestlemania? Will some of the NXT women being called up make a big difference?

Actually... why not the opposite? Have some of the more criticized Divas (like, the Bella Twins) show up on NXT, talk about how they are sick and tried about hearing how much better the Women's division is in NXT than in the main shows and want to prove to the smarks/NXT crowd that they too deserve respect. Let the Divas prove they are just as good as the NXT women. Have it be done in a set of tapings before an NXT event, heck even have it main event one. Then you can easily care it over to the main show.

Thorakai

Dumb idea that should totally happen: Finn Balor should re-do Randy's Legend Killer gimmick but focus only on taking out those with facepaint. Have him inherit the face motif of every person he beats...who wouldn't want to see Doink the Balor? Stang can even be his Mania opponent if he wants another paycheck!

Actually... why not the opposite? Have some of the more criticized Divas (like, the Bella Twins) show up on NXT, talk about how they are sick and tried about hearing how much better the Women's division is in NXT than in the main shows and want to prove to the smarks/NXT crowd that they too deserve respect. Let the Divas prove they are just as good as the NXT women. Have it be done in a set of tapings before an NXT event, heck even have it main event one. Then you can easily care it over to the main show.

Execpt the audience for NXT is way smaller than the one that watches raw

DMczaf

I think I would have lost my shit if WWE randomly cut to a shot of a black limo on the way to the stadium during the Stang/HHH match.

And then later in the match, cut to it again and it's a completely different black limo in a completely different city.

Fintan

Watched my first Bálor match recently. Was cool to see him being billed from Bray, County Wicklow rather than something vague/made up. Cringed every time I heard "Ireland University" mentioned for Seamus.

KissVibes

Banned

PAUL FUCKIN' ROMA

Virgil should be Sting's ally. And Glacier.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I've seen people saying it should have been the Horsemen instead of the nWo, but that makes probably even LESS sense than the nWo. Flair shouldn't ever be helping Sting. As for guys to help him, Lex weighs 130 pounds, Dusty is nearly 70, and Book was just almost fired a few weeks prior by HHH. The only guys that would make any sense are Goldberg and DDP. But it was really just so you could do an nWo vs DX thing and that's all it needed to be. Putting any more thought into it takes away all the fun.

I get all that stro and I enjoyed Bullet Club and DX going at it. I was more thinking about how few Sting allies there are left. Only one Brother in Paint. Dusty and him rarely interacted, Stang legitimately has more beef with the 4 Horseman than he does with NWO Hollywood. NWO Wolfpac makes sense on the surface but Luger isn't presentable, Konan doesn't work with them and the regular NWO was more popular. NWO still makes more sense then the best WCW allstars you could produce otherwise which would have been DDP/Booker T/Flair.

xTOOLx

PWG DDT4 has been announced and it will be May 22nd

Non tournament matches are
Roderick Strong(c) vs Chris Hero vs Brian Cage triple threat for the PWG World title

Johnny Gargano vs "Speedball" Mike Bailey

The Tag Teams in the tournament are
Team Tremendous (Bill Carr and Dan Barry making their PWG debut)
Drew Gulak and Biff Busick
Beaver Boys (John Silver and Alex Reynolds)
World's Cutest Tag Team (Joey Ryan and Candice LeRae)
Inner City Machine Guns (Ricochet and Rich Swann)
Monster Mafia (Josh Alexander and Ethan Page)
Trevor Lee and Andrew Everett
Love Gun (Matt Sydal and Chris Sabin)

I'm very excited! Awesome teams. Killer title match. Setting up to be another kick ass show.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The one leading up to Halloween Havoc 1995 still gets me everytime. Stang even acknowledges in the lead up that Flair has turned on him repeatedly in the past. But no, this time he's standing up to that dastardly Pillman and Double A. The way Stang calls out for NATCHA BOOOYYYY! while he is getting double teamed. Priceless.

tumblr_n6s1emAoYe1rnh8oao1_500.gif

DMczaf

The one leading up to Halloween Havoc 1995 still gets me everytime. Stang even acknowledges in the lead up that Flair has turned on him repeatedly in the past. But no, this time he's standing up to that dastardly Pillman and Double A. The way Stang calls out for NATCHA BOOOYYYY! while he is getting double teamed. Priceless.

Flair has his boys beat his ass in front of Sting too! Completely committed to the long con !

Thorakai

I can see the despair and anguish in the eyes of ACH's constipated face, I'd take pity on that man. Bobby Fish's douche vibes still wins out for me.

Finished Invasion Attack and it was a very enjoyable B+ show. Here are some random thoughts:

-- Jr tag was surprisingly good and Barreta actually showed some stuff here. He's far away from being able to hang with the most of the New Japan juniors but at least I could see why he was brought in. The Bucks working a little slower and with more comedy was also nice.

-- Omega / Dorada was good but not the blow-away MOTYC candidate I was hoping for. They really didn't tell a story or build the match in a compelling way. Can't see Shelley getting the title so I figure the plan is for Omega to kill Shelley and maybe put him out of action for a while. This leads to Kushida finally getting a singles push and the title. Maybe at Dominion in July?

-- Tag match was just weak. Gallows was pretty hyped when he joined New Japan but he's been seriously under-whelming.

-- Both the six man and next tag really worked for me. Ishii was moving well again and his stuff with Makabe got super-heat. Saku - Shibata also looks good.

-- Fale damn near put me to sleep. He's got even slower since last year. The parts with Okada on offense were okay but I'm ready for Cody Hall to become the Bullet Club monster in 2016.

-- AJ / Ibushi was a low-end MOTYC candidate. Would have been one of the best all year except for Ibushi's craptacular leg selling. The after-match stuff was awesome with Omega maybe unhappy that he sold out Kota and then Okada wreaking havoc everywhere.

Top Bottom