• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

Mengetsu

He's just going to talk about motorcycles for 2 hours.
That's not true!
Yea it is :(

Hey man, I'm a fat guy too. Paul has seriously ballooned up in the last couple months. The only creepy thing around here is your avatar.

AND HOLY CRAP PAIGE JUST WON? WHAAAAAAT?????
20140407_RAW_Paige_LARGE_R.jpg

Enjoy Raw after Mania!

Browny

Banned
Bo literally has nothing going for him besides being someone you want to smack and see smacked.

The basis of a heat-drawing heel.
But yes:
I can see the words "apathy" being used in due course... He'd better come in all guns bolazing to get that first night reaction, or he'll fail as badly as he did the first time.

DiscoJon

Banned
Swagger has been so much better with a partner, he needs to keep Zeb and have someone join him as a "Real American", but who? Sandow? Have Rybaxel join and be a trio? Bring up someone from NXT?

He's a heel that actually works - that is a good things in the current wrestling climate.

I really don't think "annoying face" is going to get him anywhere. He doesn't have a good nor interesting look, he's not anything worthwhile in the ring, and he doesn't speak well. He's just an annoying smile. He even shriveled in the biggest match of his career on a show that's only on the network.

DiscoJon

Banned
I think Sandow would work well, save him from jobbing to everyone in singles competition as well. He can be the "brains" to Swaggers brawn.

Swagger has been so much better with a partner, he needs to keep Zeb and have someone join him as a "Real American", but who? Sandow? Have Rybaxel join and be a trio? Bring up someone from NXT?

Mojo Rawley! Good oil' fashion American football player whose only character trait is being HYPED.

Browny

Banned
Bringing back the name Evolution would be a backwards step for sure. HHH knows he has to get people taking the steps up towards the main event, and re-hashing a 10- year old idea won't help that to happen.

I'd expect a summer based around Bryan, Orton, Batista to start with, with Lesnar to have a match at a PPV followed by a shot (and win) at SS. Cena will hopefully push Wyatt up and then take a break for a few months, before returning to challenge Lesnar (unsuccessfully).

I'm more interested to see how Cesaro fits in. Heyman has the ability to turn on anyone - even Lesnar - so that could be a good way of freshening things up towards the end of the year.

He's doing their pre-show stuff. Given how forward-moving their stuff has been on this RAW, I'm not sure you actually want him out there.

I would like to see him in at least a cheerleader capacity, but yeah I guess it's not really needed.

Maybe they could add a new 4th up-and-comer instead. He could take Orton's original spot. Or just Kane I guess.

That actually would be a cool idea.

EAT SHIT FULL SAIL UNIVERSITY

WARNING: WORLD STAR LINK

Bringing back the name Evolution would be a backwards step for sure. HHH knows he has to get people taking the steps up towards the main event, and re-hashing a 10- year old idea won't help that to happen.

I'd expect a summer based around Bryan, Orton, Batista to start with, with Lesnar to have a match at a PPV followed by a shot (and win) at SS. Cena will hopefully push Wyatt up and then take a break for a few months, before returning to challenge Lesnar (unsuccessfully).

I'm more interested to see how Cesaro fits in. Heyman has the ability to turn on anyone - even Lesnar - so that could be a good way of freshening things up towards the end of the year.

Reading that makes me think of all the times Bryan got his ass beat and have him staring the lights day in and day out.

If HHH wants to stick it to Bryan, he needs to have him defend the title on a more constant basis and run gauntlets of matches. Short ones because you don't wanna kill the guy.

Just finished watching Raw. God damn Paul Heyman why you so good. Gets booed to hell in one segment then cheered like crazy in the next.

Also the crowd chanting for 3MB while DB was getting beat up was the funniest thing I've heard in a long time.

Browny

Banned
Reading that makes me think of all the times Bryan got his ass beat and have him staring the lights day in and day out.

If HHH wants to stick it to Bryan, he needs to have him defend the title on a more constant basis and run gauntlets of matches. Short ones because you don't wanna kill the guy.

Yup. The problem I can see is there's 4 months until Summerslam - that's 18 ish TV programmes that he could have a match on (knowing the booking style). That's going to get boring, quickly. There needs to be times where they don't wrestle - just drop a promo to keep things going. Not every programme needs the champ to wrestle a singles match.

The occasional Teddy Long Tag Team Playa match, though - yes.

Yup. The problem I can see is there's 4 months until Summerslam - that's 18 ish TV programmes that he could have a match on (knowing the booking style). That's going to get boring, quickly. There needs to be times where they don't wrestle - just drop a promo to keep things going. Not every programme needs the champ to wrestle a singles match.

The occasional Teddy Long Tag Team Playa match, though - yes.

I mean you got a roster that's hungry and ready. Put Bryan in a random match with Ziggler or Cody in a Raw or Smackdown.

I just want decent matches from Bryan as champion like that random Smackdown one he had with Cesaro,

Browny

Banned
If it wasn't for "part-timers" like Bats or Lesnar, we could legit be looking at a Bryan-Cesaro SS main event. That'd put some butts in seats.

I now need to go and watch that previous match. My lunchtime is sorted!

Edit: I'm now chuckling at the number of DB avatars on here.

Xater

Man this RAW was incredible. The big reset button has been pushed and right now there so much potential. With Paige now having the title I look forward to at least having a not shitty diva's match at Extreme Rules. Looks like we will be getting Bryan and the Shield against the Authority as well. Cesaro being a Heymann guy is also great. I am just really pumped for what is happening now in WWE and hopefully they will keep it up. I am surprised though that they are calling Bo and Adam up before Sami.

PS: I believe Brock genuinely enjoys making children cry because he is that kind of prick.

El-Suave

Page debut made little sense, they should at least have introduced her as the NXT champion and have her bring the belt. She came across as a little schoolgirl just wanting to congratulate and admire AJ. They could and should have used the anti Diva angle because AJ is kind of the same on the main roster.
They did the right thing bringing her up in front of a hardcore crowd with lots of Brits but overall WWE still sucks at introducing NXT characters to the main audience. Emma's debut was in some city where NO ONE seemed to know her and it fell completely flat, which is suicide if you're a comedic character. Big E should have kept the five count - it worked on NXT and would have given the audience something that sticks.

Page debut made little sense, they should at least have introduced her as the NXT champion and have her bring the belt. She came across as a little schoolgirl just wanting to congratulate and admire AJ. They could and should have used the anti Diva angle because AJ is kind of the same on the main roster.
They did the right thing bringing her up in front of a hardcore crowd with lots of Brits but overall WWE still sucks at introducing NXT characters to the main audience. Emma's debut was in some city where NO ONE seemed to know her and it fell completely flat, which is suicide if you're a comedic character. Big E should have kept the five count - it worked on NXT and would have given the audience something that sticks.

She'll appear next week and say that AJ fell under her trap and knew that she would challenge her if she appeared weak. At least that's what I would hope she'd do.

WrestleMania 31 card predictions. Because it's never too soon for 'Mania talk.

CM Punk (Champion) vs Daniel Bryan (RR winner)
Cesaro vs Lesnar
Sting vs Bray Wyatt
HHH vs Roman Reigns
Cena vs Batista (Loser Retires)
Rollins vs Ambrose

Xater

WrestleMania 31 card predictions. Because it's never too soon for 'Mania talk.

CM Punk (Champion) vs Daniel Bryan (RR winner)
Cesaro vs Lesnar
Sting vs Bray Wyatt
HHH vs Roman Reigns
Cena vs Batista (Loser Retires)
Rollins vs Ambrose

Just stop with Punk...

I think we should officially call Ambrose Titty Master from now on.

Top Bottom