• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

I think I see a lot more value in a wrestler's mic ability and storytelling than your average Daniel Bryan fan, who seem to put a lot of value in what he does in the ring. I guess I just don't see it, or have been numbed by seeing thousands of kicks and knees over the years. His style really just does not grab me. Time to stop leaning on a catchphrase and carry an angle.

Bray Wyatt? That's my kind of wrassler.

I think Bryan's Everyman appeal puts him in the position where he gets the reaction he's getting and the fact that he's surrounded by the Fandango's and Wyatt's and Sheamus' of the world, makes Bryan the de facto protagonist in this greasy men story. Basically Bret Hart in this Next Gen Roster thing we got going on. If everything's special, nothing's special sort of equation.

Heyman wants Cesaro to go for the title. All my YES!

Heel

If you like dudes who actually use their strength to chunk fools around and murder them. Cesaro is top notch.

Well if I had to critique, I think leaning on the big swing is a little corny. "King of Swing" makes me believe that isn't going anywhere. Should be every once in a while, if anything.

I do like the uppercuts, though. That suplex from the first rope tonight was great as well.

DiscoJon

Banned
Aw poor Ryder, no entrance and got totally squashed. At least he was on tonight though! Russev's shorts are a little too... short. Can almost tell what religion he is.

Well if I had to critique, I think leaning on the big swing is a little corny. "King of Swing" makes me believe that isn't going anywhere. Should be every once in a while, if anything.

I do like the uppercuts, though. That suplex from the first rope tonight was great as well.

Just wait until you see him busy out the UFO.

Mengetsu

I agree that the swing is kind of lame but it's more of a personality enhancer. Comic relief if you will.

Yea his uppercuts is the main attraction. Can't get enough of those.

Edit:
We're suppose to have gimmicks now?!
th

If you want to see him work matches different from the WWE ones, check out his 2 out of 3 falls match with Sami Zayn in NXT or the rematch against Sami from NXT Arrival (that's only on the Network but the highlights are on youtube). He shows his absurd strength throughout each. They have a different pace from the WWE matches and Sami is the next indie dude getting a push. If you don't like DBry's character much, you probably won't care for Sami's but I think Sami is way more interesting in the ring.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JwCJmmaPkw

I kind of wonder what they are doing with Sami. I'd love to see him feud with Neville, but Brodus is taking that spot. Seems like has outgrown NXT, but they just aren't bringing him up for some reason. On the plus side, all the young talent coming in made me forget the big news. It was pretty much confirmed today that we'll be seeing Devitt in WWE very soon.

Mengetsu

I kind of wonder what they are doing with Sami. I'd love to see him feud with Neville, but Brodus is taking that spot. Seems like has outgrown NXT, but they just aren't bringing him up for some reason. On the plus side, all the young talent coming in made me forget the big news. It was pretty much confirmed today that we'll be seeing Devitt in WWE very soon.

Didn't they say not too long ago that they were trying to bring less people up? Tonight was a odd night if that was the case. Sami has to stay because they need enough competition at NXT I believe. Other than that I think he is ready honestly.

Heel

Damn I love Jake the Snake. They need to hire him for NXT to teach the youngsters how to cut promos.

His hall-of-fame speech was incredibly uncomfortable. The man just sets you on edge. Will be interesting to see if Wyatt can get to that level. No one on the roster is tapping into psyches and catching souls on that m-i-c.

If you want to see him work matches different from the WWE ones, check out his 2 out of 3 falls match with Sami Zayn in NXT or the rematch against Sami from NXT Arrival (that's only on the Network but the highlights are on youtube). He shows his absurd strength throughout each. They have a different pace from the WWE matches and Sami is the next indie dude getting a push. If you don't like DBry's character much, you probably won't care for Sami's but I think Sami is way more interesting in the ring.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JwCJmmaPkw

Saved for later, brah.

Didn't they say not too long ago that they were trying to bring less people up? Tonight was a odd night if that was the case. Sami has to stay because they need enough competition at NXT I believe. Other than that I think he is ready honestly.

They said they wanted to bring people up only if they had ideas and a spot for them. They don't want to bring people up just for the sake of it. I don't think they care how many at any given time. All about spots and ideas available.

DiscoJon

Banned
His hall-of-fame speech was incredibly uncomfortable. The man just sets you on edge. Will be interesting to see if Wyatt can get to that level. No one on the roster is tapping into psyches and catching souls on that m-i-c.

They really need to go back to having the HOF be a closed event. Having it in front of "the WWE Universe" has made it worse and waaaay more uncomfortable.

I finally went ahead and ordered the Network

I'm watching an old KOTR to see what the old NEW GENERATION was like "huh, this guy commentating with Vince is pretty good" and it turned out to be Dok Hendrix. it's only been one match so far though so it could change!

Heel

They really need to go back to having the HOF be a closed event. Having it in front of "the WWE Universe" has made it worse and waaaay more uncomfortable.

I like how out of that entire speech they used "there's nothing like making kids smile!" as the teaser.

I have to stick around, who else is going to tell bean breath "Motherfucker, not everything is about you."

Look at Bjork, Bishoptl, and Ninja Scooter. They had their moments years ago, then stepped aside for the next wave of young stars to leave their mark.

And then there's you. Those three are legit OT Stars. In the OT, you're just some Batman fan.

You'll never reach Snowglobe Klig status again, DM.

For me, the sky's the limit, baby!

Edgeward

The swing was what got him noticed by the crowd in the first place. It is never going away. It's a great throwback, show of strength and completely safe to do night in and night out.

Who else will bean breath listen to? Not me or the other rookies; we're too green. The other vets don't seem to care and let him bury the whole thread.
You have to be the Authority around here...

I am one of the biggest draws in this thread. Don't boo me, you should be booing yourself.

Who else will bean breath listen to? Not me or the other rookies; we're too green. The other vets don't seem to care and let him bury the whole thread.
You have to be the Authority around here...

Much like his beloved TNA; we often ignore bean breath unless he does something quirky or dumb... which is all too often.

DiscoJon

Banned
Tamina is so much hotter with straight hair. Is this where she finally pulls a Diesel and turns on AJ? As much as I don't like AJ, she's clearly the best speaker in the Diva's division. AND the CM Punk chants start.

WHAAAAT PAIGE? OH SNAP

The ending to that Cesaro-Sami match is still crazy. I think I like the Arrival match overall better but there's so many good moments in that 2 out of 3 match.
Still great:
sami_zps26bfab95.gif

DiscoJon

Banned
You know, anytime a man comes on screen you guys can get real creepy and blasphemous.

Hey man, I'm a fat guy too. Paul has seriously ballooned up in the last couple months. The only creepy thing around here is your avatar.

AND HOLY CRAP PAIGE JUST WON? WHAAAAAAT?????
20140407_RAW_Paige_LARGE_R.jpg

Top Bottom