• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

Sblargh

Banned
This is so good and common sense.

In Mania you close storylines; in the RAW after Mania you introduce chaos, around Summerslam you start to slowly build something.

Browsing #AllRedEverything's Wiki page, I found this funny...

KJ7JyWW.png

...I can fucking do that!

This is so good and common sense.

In Mania you close storylines; in the RAW after Mania you introduce chaos, around Summerslam you start to slowly build something.

Unfortunately the typical pattern aside from the odd CM Punk June 2011 has been:

Mania bores everyone aside from like 1 or 2 matches.
Post-Mania Raw is kinda hype
Every week after that gets worse and worse.
WTF is this random PPV, why don't they bring back KOTR?
Summerslam bores everyone to tears
I felt like we JUST had a PPV, why are there 2 of these in October?
OOOH RUMBLE COMIN'. STING?!?!?
OOOH RUMBLE'S TONIGHT. STING!?!?!!
God the Rumble was awful except for that one Kofi spot.
Ugh this WM build is boring.
Repeat.

Can 2014 break the cycle? Find out next time on WWE.

Kaladin

Unfortunately the typical pattern aside from the odd CM Punk June 2011 has been:

Repeat.

Can 2014 break the cycle? Find out next time on WWE.

You left out something:

Extreme Rules was actually better than Mania.
Repeat.

Sblargh

Banned
Oh man, Paige legit shook at her own win. Paige is the hero we deserve and the hero we need right now.

Give her rematch with AJ more than 5 minutes and watch as magic happens and suddenly the Total Divas Division become The Woman's Championship.

Emma still my favorite girl. She's got the skills and she got the theatrics, but Paige is how you make this real.

Xater

Oh man, Paige legit shook at her own win. Paige is the hero we deserve and the hero we need right now.

Give her rematch with AJ more than 5 minutes and watch as magic happens and suddenly the Total Divas Division become The Woman's Championship.

Emma still my favorite girl. She's got the skills and she got the theatrics, but Paige is how you make this real.

15 minutes match at least during Extreme Rules. Pls make it happen based HHH.

Kaladin

Emma, Paige, Summer Rae (to an extent) and AJ Lee are how you build a new divas division that makes you forget about the old guard. Sure, there have been some standouts here and there, but there have never been four standouts at once.

Turn some of the other divas into jobbers until they leave and you've got some building blocks to work with.

Is there any set time that WWE might be able to get RAW on the WWE Network live - or when they will be able to get it uploaded sooner?

I guess this will coincide with when they get new TV contacts set up - any idea when the current USA one ends?

Sblargh

Banned
He seems committed to improving things, so fingers crossed.

Who will Paige drop the NXT title to eventually ? Hopefully not Charlotte...

Who else? Emma is also on the main roster as is Summer Rae. That leaves Charlotte, her sidekick (forgetting her name now, sorry, she is good, too) and Bailey. But who knows, with four people moving up, maybe they'll introduce a new crop at NXT; two new girls and a tag team to not be squashed by the Ascension and they're gold.

Just crossed my mind Natalya being downgraded to NXT and become champion. Mwahahaha.

Other random thought, in Extreme Rules, Emma could do her DilEmma (is that it?) forever.

Browny

Banned
Is there any set time that WWE might be able to get RAW on the WWE Network live - or when they will be able to get it uploaded sooner?

I guess this will coincide with when they get new TV contacts set up - any idea when the current USA one ends?

They're hoping to double or treble their TV rights income - so there's no way they'll be able to put it live on the Network. They need to give "exclusivity" of the 2 big shows to the TV companies, to justify the big bucks - companies need to sell that advertising space...

USA contract was up for negotiation a month or two ago - think they're still chatting to a few people. I can't see them getting double or treble, though, which could hurt the share price again...

El-Suave

If they insist of pushing the Total Divas cast and storylines on RAW, we'll need two women's matches on the show in the future as a fixture. I won't mind because most of the girls have improved quite nicely - and a three hour show should be able handle two Divas matches. Or the division could get their own show on the network. I'd watch.

Xater

Who else? Emma is also on the main roster as is Summer Rae. That leaves Charlotte, her sidekick (forgetting her name now, sorry, she is good, too) and Bailey. But who knows, with four people moving up, maybe they'll introduce a new crop at NXT; two new girls and a tag team to not be squashed by the Ascension and they're gold.

Just crossed my mind Natalya being downgraded to NXT and become champion. Mwahahaha.

Other random thought, in Extreme Rules, Emma could do her DilEmma (is that it?) forever.

I think Sasha Banks might be better than Charlotte. I'd give it to her or Bailey.

Also with so many people moving up I guess we soon get Crowe and Kalisto on NXT? I hope so.

OMG FACTIONS YOU GUYS!

EXCITED! :D

DANIEL BRYAN HAS FRIENDS NOW? THAT WILL MAKE THINGS SLIGHTLY EASIER!

Its HHH's Corporation verse Daniel Bryan's Yes! Movement!

WAAAAAAR?????

CM Punk can be the Sting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or better yet, STING CAN BE THE STING!!!!!!!!!!! /nevergivinguphope

They're hoping to double or treble their TV rights income - so there's no way they'll be able to put it live on the Network. They need to give "exclusivity" of the 2 big shows to the TV companies, to justify the big bucks - companies need to sell that advertising space...

USA contract was up for negotiation a month or two ago - think they're still chatting to a few people. I can't see them getting double or treble, though, which could hurt the share price again...

Thanks for that. Would love if they could reach a deal to air the RAW / SD on WWE Network sooner. I have been thinking about getting rid of my Sky Subscription (which is far too much a month), and if they had RAW on the Network (after 24 hours would be acceptable) it would help in that decision.

which could hurt the share price again...

Never knew the shares dropped so much til I checked now. That a big drop. Hope it does not affect current plans too much. Current WWE seems very "fan friendly" and I would hate for stockholders to force them to change ideas.

Also, checking Forbes for stock news, I saw this...

mhiHhXY.jpg

Steph continues to be amazing!

Browny

Banned
The shares dropped after they released the Network figures - it's an understandable kneejerk reaction in the markets. They'll start rising again, especially after they work out how many people watched WM. They won't have to change the general premise of what their programme output is - just keep the storylines and action fresh and exciting...

Sky recently renewed their WWE contract, which means you're stuck with it for the foreseeable - unless you can use a proxy and subscribe to USA somehow. No idea if that's feasible, although there's a few people here who obviously can get the Network out of the US.

Sblargh

Banned
I don't know and don't really care about stock prices, what I do know is how excellent the Network is.

If they had something like this for every stupid stuff I like, I would be throwing 10 bucks a month to a lot of things.

The shares dropped after they released the Network figures - it's an understandable kneejerk reaction in the markets. They'll start rising again, especially after they work out how many people watched WM. They won't have to change the general premise of what their programme output is - just keep the storylines and action fresh and exciting...

Sky recently renewed their WWE contract, which means you're stuck with it for the foreseeable - unless you can use a proxy and subscribe to USA somehow. No idea if that's feasible, although there's a few people here who obviously can get the Network out of the US.

I am already on WWE Network, Netflix US, and Amazon Instant Video US (Month Trial) via Unblock-US, Sky is getting a bit meaningless right now for me. Watching RAW Live, and some Football matches is really the only reason I keep it now - and that is not worth what they are asking or it.

edit - I watch F1 too, so that one more thing, but BBC have some races and highlights too, but it would not be a huge loss!

I can't believe we were so blessed to have another classic Raw after Mania moment.
I'm of course referring to the in ring return of Wade Barrett.

Browny

Banned
I am already on WWE Network, Netflix US, and Amazon Instant Video US (Month Trial) via Unblock-US, Sky is getting a bit meaningless right now for me. Watching RAW Live, and some Football matches is really the only reason I keep it now - and that is not worth what they are asking or it.

edit - I watch F1 too, so that one more thing, but BBC have some races and highlights too, but it would not be a huge loss!

Dunno if Hulu still shows Raw on a catchup basis? Obviously not live, but cheaper than Sky...

Even with an intro deal, Sky seems so expensive to me - and that's before adding Sports (which I'd never get to watch, with a partner who loves shitty reality TV and a 1 year old). I love my PC.

I can't believe we were so blessed to have another classic Raw after Mania moment.
I'm of course referring to the in ring return of Wade Barrett.

Not only that, but he got to elbow smash some schmuck, without me crying out for Kassius Ohno to show him how it's done.

Edit: it was Rey? Bwahahahahahahaha!

Xater

There is also a new deal here in Germany and now stuff is back on free TV for us. Still delayed compared to the US showing so pointless for me. PPVs seems to be on Maxdome now, a video on demand service. No idea what that means for the future of the Network here. Maybe the new deal already took it into account and that's why the stuff is on free TV and no longer on Sky.

Also just read that apparently the German version of Smackdown gets exclusive segments. Apparently a lot more involving Cesaro.

I am watching the Network as well using a VPN solution.

Sblargh

Banned
There is also a new deal here in Germany and now stuff is back on free TV for us. Still delayed compared to the US showing so pointless for me. PPVs seems to be on Sky and Maxdome now. No idea what that means for the future of the Network here. Maybe the new deal already took it into account and that's why the stuff is on free TV and no longer on Sky.

Also just read that apparently the German version of Smackdown gets exclusive segments. Apparently a lot more involving Cesaro.

I am watching the Network as well using a VPN solution.

He interviews people in german.

...I know this because I watch every RAW and Smackdown from random regions of the world.

Xater

He interviews people in german.

...I know this because I watch every RAW and Smackdown from random regions of the world.

Interesting. Bet because of that he is even more over in the German speaking markets.seems like WWE does care about us, so maybe we will get the Network officially by next year. I would certainly appreciate it.

sajj316

Paige is what the Divas division and existing female wrestlers like AJ Lee and Natty needed. If they can let Emma do her thing and remove her from Santino, she will shine as well. They need to get away from Diva and back to the women's division.

Cruceh

Banned
I'm a little disappointed. I love the Real Americans theme and I kinda wish Cesaro could keep Zeb, the theme, and the We the people stuff. But Swagger needs him and I like him too. Oh well.

Also, Sami Zayn is tiny compared to Cesaro after watching that NXT stuff. Looks like Evan Bourne there heh.

Kaladin

Did you know....

In a period of one week, the Wrestlemania Week OT has had almost 16k posts with over 730,000 views. It is currently the third highest rated thread on the main page behind the "Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370" OT which started over a month ago and the "Dating-Age" OT which started in 2012.

Xater

Paige is what the Divas division and existing female wrestlers like AJ Lee and Natty needed. If they can let Emma do her thing and remove her from Santino, she will shine as well. They need to get away from Diva and back to the women's division.

Preach it brother!

If they want to go that route Paige would be the right girl to do it with. She already has the Anti-Diva gimmick.

I would also love that "John Cena Suuuuucks" chant to catch on. Then we might have another Kurt Angle situation on our hands.

WrestleMania 31 card predictions. Because it's never too soon for 'Mania talk.

CM Punk (Champion) vs Daniel Bryan (RR winner)
Cesaro vs Lesnar
Sting vs Bray Wyatt
HHH vs Roman Reigns
Cena vs Batista (Loser Retires)
Rollins vs Ambrose

Punk is done, unlike some of the other wrestlers he didn't blow all his money, he can sit back and stay retire until his death, plus the Yesmovement is bigger than anything Punk has done in WWE, Vince doesn't need Punk, if any thing it's the other way around, if Punk returns means he got on his knees and join the Vince McMahon kiss my ass club,,

Sblargh

Banned
I'm a little disappointed. I love the Real Americans theme and I kinda wish Cesaro could keep Zeb, the theme, and the We the people stuff. But Swagger needs him and I like him too. Oh well.

Also, Sami Zayn is tiny compared to Cesaro after watching that NXT stuff. Looks like Evan Bourne there heh.

We just went through all this trouble to prove that size doesn't matter. Gosh!

Kaladin

Punk is done, unlike some of the other wrestlers he didn't blow all his money, he can sit back and stay retire until his death, plus the Yesmovement is bigger than anything Punk has done in WWE, Vince doesn't need Punk, if any thing it's the other way around, if Punk returns means he got on his knees and join the Vince McMahon kiss my ass club,,

Nah, Phil Brooks would become the second member of the Paul Levesque Kiss My Ass Club.

Ithil

139693309268405u96.jpg

Two down, one more to go.

I think all the non-wrestling women they hired for SDR to train up should be nearing being NXT TV ready, so the current crop (Paige, Emma, Bayley, Sasha, Charlotte, Summer) can all start going to the main roster; half of them already have.

It was nice to have a RAW with zero mention of Total Divas and no appearances by those vacuums of charisma.

It only took 1 entrance for it to get over in NXT, though that audience kind of super gets into everything. The original song is great and the knock-off at least keeps the sing along appeal.

Ithil

This crop of call-ups also should improve NXT, since that show's stars have been the same for a while now without any major debuts. Now there's room for Kalisto, Solomon Crowe, etc.

I hope Enzo gets better soon so him and Big Cass can get back in it. Cass hasn't been on at all recently and he was doing really well on his own.

Xater

This crop of call-ups also should improve NXT, since that show's stars have been the same for a while now without any major debuts. Now there's room for Kalisto, Solomon Crowe, etc.

Once Kalisto comes up let him retire Rey. I really can't see the guy anymore. It's just sad, now he even wrestles with a shirt on.

Top Bottom