• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

How dare you, WrassleGAF.

How dare you all besmirch the reputation of my good friend Heel.

The apparent accusations and allegations against him are all asinine.

Guys, I feel really bad about bean breath in the OT ;_;

He's not getting any hustle, loyalty, and most importantly, respect.
My ego is bruised. I'm a nobody over there. Who's over? Y2Kev because he's a mod. I'm afraid to look at the post counts because I just know which foreign, AJ-Loving, Meltzer subscribing, duo is going to be at the top.

5n7o2QZ.png

I knew it. I didn't even have to look and I knew it. I'm washing my hands of that thread. I'm going to be sick.
Why is he there?
There's like, 4, wrestling threads. I once was lost but now am found.
I see nothing wrong, I haven't even seen him pledge allegiance to Eva Marie yet
Eva Marie doesn't drink or smoke and that's why she's better than all the other Divas.

Edgeward

It will be interesting to see the lineup for SD this week. A lot of regulars didn't show up on Raw so it looks like they will make their appearances there. Ziggy, Kofi, Miz, ADR, Show, Rybaxel, Cody, Goldy, etc. It's looking like a roster that would have actually warranted a brand split. But please no split, WWE can barely focus on more than one belt mattering.

My ego is bruised. I'm a nobody over there. Who's over? Y2Kev because he's a mod. I'm afraid to look at the post counts because I just know which foreign, AJ-Loving, Meltzer subscribing, duo is going to be at the top.

5n7o2QZ.png

I knew it. I didn't even have to look and I knew it. I'm washing my hands of that thread. I'm going to be sick.

There's like, 4, wrestling threads. I once was lost but now am found.

Eva Marie doesn't drink or smoke and that's why she's better than all the other Divas.

I never thought I'd make it on the list. I feel like Paige on Raw tonight. Wow.

Heel

Alongside Lambda, Heel is just a dude who watch their fair share of MMA and is unable to suspend any disbelief of a guy like Bryan to actually win the straps. I gotta give em that, they stuck it out to the end. Don't have to agree with the cat, but I can see what they are coming from and why they think that way.

Edit: LOL look at these beautiful pairs of avatars!

I'll admit the humbled Daniel Bryan that opened RAW was much more likable than the one chasing the title. My disgust for title chasing Daniel and his granola appearance is absolutely genuine, though.

Your absolute refusal of Bryan and the "Bryan can't be champion or ratings will be shit" stuff is all the example I need.

Yo chill out son we won. Let's not worry about the doubters and just bask in the moment. Watch the Mania ending on the network and take deep breaths. Gotta get my Seth Rollins on up in this thread.

I'll admit the humbled Daniel Bryan that opened RAW was much more likable than the one chasing the title. My disgust for title chasing Daniel and his granola appearance is absolutely genuine, though.

I'm an optimist, so I'll believe you. Let's all just get along and marvel at an amazing WM week.

Yo chill out son we won. Let's not worry about the doubters and just bask in the moment. Watch the Mania ending on the network and take deep breaths. Gotta get my Seth Rollins on up in this thread.

I'm partially kidding. Don't worry, after Mania and Raw, it'd be kind of impossible for me to be legitimately upset at anything at the moment.

Anth0ny

Great Raw tonight. Didn't quite hit the bar the last two Raw after Manias set, but it was awesome nonetheless.

Heyman is the best talker in the company and had the promo of the year tonight. Jesus that was incredible.

However, it's kinda weird that he's going to be affiliated with Cesaro. Cesaro is a face, and there's nothing they can do to stop that. Heyman, by being his manager, becomes a FACE. Is he going to be a heel with Lesnar and a face with Cesaro? I don't mind it, but it's kinda strange.

Paige coming out was a nice surprise, but I really, really wish they had a real match if they were going to change the title tonight. Paige vs. AJ is pretty much the closest a divas match is going to get to "dream match" status in 2014. They kinda threw that away tonight. Even 5 minutes would have been nice! Either way, cool moment for Paige! I wonder if AJ is taking any time off now?

Bad News Barrett had a match! God damn! It would be nice if he had some more! I swear the last Barrett match before tonight was at fucking Raw after mania last year... dude needs to be in the ring more.

The "JOHN CENA SUUUUUUUUUUCKS" singalong was fantastic, as was the entire reaction to Bray and the Wyatts. Definitely makes up for the Mania crowd who didn't seem all that into the Cena/Bray match. Bray was probably the most over wrestler of the night. Awesome stuff.

Kinda hard to tell what direction they're going when it comes to feuds with a lot of the characters. Is Bryan vs. HHH going to continue? Cena vs. Wyatts? I'd love to see babyface Shield vs. Wyatts happen for real (they're teasing it with that Main Event match god damn it) but it looks like it might be Shield vs. Authority (Kane/Batista/Orton). Will Brock have a match at Extreme Rules this year, or will he just be off TV for the next few months?

I'm happy I'm asking all of these questions. Looking forward to see where everything goes next.

Until they fuck it all up next week :)

Paige coming out was a nice surprise, but I really, really wish they had a real match if they were going to change the title tonight. Paige vs. AJ is pretty much the closest a divas match is going to get to "dream match" status in 2014. They kinda threw that away tonight. Even 5 minutes would have been nice! Either way, cool moment for Paige! I wonder if AJ is taking any time off now?

There's almost no chance that we don't get a legitimate match between the two sometimes soon. AJ has a rematch for sure at least.

I have to say, Heyman is beyond face or heel. The guy can make crowd boo or cheer just from words of his mouth.

Truly the only greatest promoter left in this company.

Bad News Barrett had a match! God damn! It would be nice if he had some more! I swear the last Barrett match before tonight was at fucking Raw after mania last year... dude needs to be in the ring more.
I wish i could forget all of his matches after last year's post-RAW WM. Dude's last IC Title reign was worse than Curtis Axel's. Straight up jobber with a belt.

I have to say, Heyman is beyond face or heel. The guy can make crowd boo or cheer just from words of his mouth.

Truly the only greatest promoter left in this company.
They'll probably sell it as Heyman simply conveying the views of whichever client he is representing at that time.

I love that he's representing a face and a heel at the same time, because PAAAAAAAUL HEYYYYYYYYYMAN can pull it off.

PInk Tape

Banned
Bad attempts aside, I wish that the crowd Raw had tonight would be at Payback
because that's a crowd I'd love to be around instead of the shitty smarks that will be there.
Fuck. Why does Punk have to be from here?

Heel

Your absolute refusal of Bryan and the "Bryan can't be champion or ratings will be shit" stuff is all the example I need.

I think I see a lot more value in a wrestler's mic ability and storytelling than your average Daniel Bryan fan, who seem to put a lot of value in what he does in the ring. I guess I just don't see it, or have been numbed by seeing thousands of kicks and knees over the years. His style really just does not grab me. Time to stop leaning on a catchphrase and carry an angle.

Bray Wyatt? That's my kind of wrassler.

I think I see a lot more value in a wrestler's mic ability and storytelling than your average Daniel Bryan fan, who seem to put a lot of value in what he does in the ring. I guess I just don't see it, or have been numbed by seeing thousands of kicks and knees over the years. His style really just does not grab me.

Bray Wyatt is my kind of wrassler.

I think Bryan is a lot better on the mic than he is given time to show. I mean, all of his last three promos have been great, and the best two of them were Network exclusive.

Bray's gimmick and promo skills are indeed god tier. That crowd was loving him.

IMO Bray, Cesaro and Bryan have all emerged as A+ players following Mania.

It's time to throw Orton, Batista and Cena to the scrap heap.

DiscoJon

Banned
Bad News Barret!!! WITH A CAPE? He should bring back the suit coat with the rose, that was a great look. OH SNAP DELIVERING BAD NEWS IN THE RING! DAMMIT REY

Damn good episode of Raw. Felt like the start of a new chapter for the company with new pushes and fresh faces getting attention. The crowd was great and did not feel like we were forcing ourselves to be the same as last year. Only thing I didn't like was no bonus dark match main event of Bryan & Shield Vs The Authority but that's just me being greedy. Definitely a fun time.

Can you ID the chants during the Barrett-Mysterio match for the Canadians here who don't have a good grasp of British customs, please?

Heel

Bray's gimmick and promo skills are indeed god tier. That crowd was loving him..

Absolutely. The thoroughbred promo still has me "legit shook." Enjoying his in-ring style as well. Tossin' bungalows, headbutts and the kitchen sink.

I'm warming up to Cesaro after that scoop slam, at least in the ring. Breh can't talk worth a lick though. Linking him up with Heyman is perfection.

Absolutely. The thoroughbred promo still has me "legit shook." Enjoying his in-ring style as well. Tossin' bungalows, headbutts and the kitchen sink.

I'm warming up to Cesaro after that scoop slam, at least in the ring. Breh can't talk worth a lick though. Linking him up with Heyman is perfection.

If you like dudes who actually use their strength to chunk fools around and murder them. Cesaro is top notch.

Top Bottom