• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

I would have played Paige's upbringing up 'more. HVe her day she had been training for this moment the day the was born .

also get her mom to be her manager please.

Xater

They probably kept the Paige/AJ match short because they new Paige was nervous as well. We'll (hopefully) get a full match either next week or at Extreme Rules. Still, calling up Paige to end AJ's title reign sends a big message to what WWE thinks of the rest of the diva's division right now.

They seem to think the the same thing we do. Most of these women are fucking garbage and I would not want to put real 1 on 1 title matches with them on TV or PPV ever. Most of them would not be able to deliver a real match like the men do.

kiguel182

The umaga gimmick was going to him.

He was offered the Umaga gimmick, but he didn't want to take it. I think that was incredibly dumb. E money would probably have been better and if that gimmick failed he might have gotten something else down the line. TNA would have taken him back anyway. They court all the E dropouts.

It might have looked like tapping but she was just flapping around.

I can see how the Umaga gimmick might have not be appealing since he's character has nothing to with it.

The guy that did it really run with it and made it great, it was for the best I think.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I would have played Paige's upbringing up 'more. HVe her day she had been training for this moment the day the was born .

also get her mom to be her manager please.

eh but nobody cares about her upbringing. you're only as good as your last appearance

edit: just my 2 cents. I can't speak for Paige stans

do they have any old RAWs/Smackdowns on WWE Network

I'm feeling like a mark after the last two nights and I think I might buy it, convince me not to pls

Yep and they are going to likely perfectly time the arrival of the Attitude Era RAWS with when the first wave of renewals for the Network start popping up. The Attitude Era and a Bork versus Bryan match at SS for the Title will likely be the major carrots to get people to commit to the Network for another 6 months.

You debut on the biggest raw of the year, already over with the crowd, do a five minute match and skyrocket to the top of the totem pole.
She had every reason in the world to be nervous.

I think it was more the booking than nervousness. What they had her do both made no sense for her character and wasn't something anybody would ever do. She should have come out with the title, explained how she's beat everyone AJ has beat on NXT, and told her to shut up or accept her challenge. Instead she comes out randomly as somebody most viewers know nothing about and says "I'm gunna do something no diva had the guts to... congratulations AJ!" following up with "I'm.. not ready!" Telling her to be nice and have no confidence is the opposite of why people like Paige so much on NXT.

Then again it's not like they didn't pull the same kind of flub and totally ignored what made Emma popular too. At least they're both on the main roster and it was a pretty good moment last night despite the awful execution.

So we are 1/4 of the way through the year. What are your MOTY choices so far? For me, it has got to be Naito vs Ishii from Invasion Attack. So gooooooood.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So we are 1/4 of the way through the year. What are your MOTY choices so far? For me, it has got to be Naito vs Ishii from Invasion Attack. So gooooooood.

you vs new job
me vs this avatar

Triple H vs D. Brine, really.

Sephzilla

Triple H vs Bryan at WrestleMania 30
Cesaro vs Sami Zayn at NXT Arrival
The Shield vs The Wyatts at Elimination Chamber

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You being so angry about your new avatar is so amusing to me. Everyone knew Bootista would amount to nothing.

No everyone didn't! I wouldn't be so mad if my credibility didn't take a nosedive. I can't even make a topic in OT without people assuming I'm some kind of farm animal.

I hope you guys liked that big Russian guy's match, cuz you're gonna be seeing it again and again for the next two months with interchangable jobbers

McNei1y

I wonder how Cena feels about being stuck in limbo for the rest of his wrestling career. He'll always get wins (however many odds are stacked against him) yet the fan base will mostly boo him and I don't see that changing ever.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I hope you guys liked that big Russian guy's match, cuz you're gonna be seeing it again and again for the next two months with interchangable jobbers

Fine by me. He has a lot of majesty. Just needs to shed a little fat, but that'll happen.

Great look. GREAT music.

All of the new WWE people have fantastic entrance music.

Who was paying attention to Rusev??

tumblr_n33ubcKoBF1sw3cyxo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n3p8hhEAIp1so31gmo1_500.png

I guess this'd be my top 10 for the year so far;

01 - 2014.04.06 - Tomohiro Ishii (c) vs Tetsuya Naito - NJPW: Invasion Attack
02 - 2014.04.06 - Daniel Bryan vs HHH - WWE: WrestleMania XXX
03 - 2014.02.09 - Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) vs Shinsuke Nakamura - NJPW: New Beginning in Hiroshima
04 - 2014.01.04 - Kazuchika Okada (c) vs Tetsuya Naito - NJPW: Wrestle Kingdom 8
05 - 2014.02.23 - The Wyatt Family vs The Shield - WWE: Elimination Chamber
06 - 2014.01.04 - Katsuyori Shibata vs Hirooki Goto - NJPW: Wrestle Kingdom 8
07 - 2014.02.27 - Antonio Cesaro vs Sami Zayn - WWE: NXT ArRIVAL
08 - 2014.03.30 - Jimmy Havoc (c) vs Rampage Brown vs Marty Scurll vs El Ligero - PROGRESS: Chapter 12
09 - 2014.01.19 - Volador Jr. (c) vs Mascara Dorada - NJPW/CMLL: Fantasticamania Day 5
10 - 2014.01.26 - Bray Wyatt vs Daniel Bryan - WWE: Royal Rumble 2014

Gonna watch today's Dragon Gate iPPV in a few hours, totally forgot about it.

Xater

I guess this'd be my top 10 for the year so far;

01 - 2014.04.06 - Tomohiro Ishii (c) vs Tetsuya Naito - NJPW: Invasion Attack
02 - 2014.04.06 - Daniel Bryan vs HHH - WWE: WrestleMania XXX
03 - 2014.02.09 - Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) vs Shinsuke Nakamura - NJPW: New Beginning in Hiroshima
04 - 2014.01.04 - Kazuchika Okada (c) vs Tetsuya Naito - NJPW: Wrestle Kingdom 8
05 - 2014.02.23 - The Wyatt Family vs The Shield - WWE: Elimination Chamber
06 - 2014.01.04 - Katsuyori Shibata vs Hirooki Goto - NJPW: Wrestle Kingdom 8
07 - 2014.02.27 - Antonio Cesaro vs Sami Zayn - WWE: NXT ArRIVAL
08 - 2014.03.30 - Jimmy Havoc (c) vs Rampage Brown vs Marty Scurll vs El Ligero - PROGRESS: Chapter 12
09 - 2014.01.19 - Volador Jr. (c) vs Mascara Dorada - NJPW/CMLL: Fantasticamania Day 5
10 - 2014.01.26 - Bray Wyatt vs Daniel Bryan - WWE: Royal Rumble 2014

Gonna watch today's Dragon Gate iPPV in a few hours, totally forgot about it.

Man Bray Wyatt vs Daniel Bryan was so good. That's probably why Bray vs Cena was even more underwhelming to me.

also looks like I'll be watching NJPW Invasion Attack later today.

DMczaf

Sad Sting Guy was so distracting during the ending of Raw. Here you have every person in the arena on their feet for this Shield + Bryan vs Authority angle....and there's Sad Sting Guy.

Showaddy

I don't mind Rusev in the ring but that camel clutch finisher...Seriously.

They really wanted to, but I think they also saw that Roman was not ready after his single matches.

Between that and Wyatts vs Shield being so amazing, EC did good numbers built purely on their feud and Bryan.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Now I'm REALLY confused. She looks like a shithead hipster.

Sblargh

Banned
Camel clutch works because he only let b go when told to. It's silly and neat at the same time. I imagine her knocked down and he just staying there while people try to remove him from the victim of the week.

Top Bottom