• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

Vylash

Here is a glimpse of the alternate universe that Heel and Sunny wish was their own
CalculatingAngryAsp.gif

What's Daniel Bryanson doing in the Impact Zone?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I can say, I can't remember the last time I was this excited for what WWE could be.

And not just because of Lana's legs.

strobogo

Banned
Cena's all over this Main Event intro. Has he ever even had a match on the show?

Yes. I think only once, though. There was a week where they made a big deal out of Cena wrestling on all three shows that week. Late 2012 I think. Pretty sure he had a match against Sandow on both ME and SD that week.

Tatsumi Fujinami (c) vs Jerry 'The King' Lawler - IWGP Heavyweight Title - (NJPW 03/16/1989)

Jerry Lawler makes a rare Japanese appearance to challenge for Fujinami's IWGP title - five months previously, Lawler had successfully defended the AWA World Heavyweight title against Fujinami in the States, setting up this match for Fujinami's belt. It's a fairly standard match, but it's Lawler, so that's to be expected. Some solid wrestling to start things off, but Lawler starts to get frustrated and soon resorts to cheap shots. Fujinami rallies and works over the leg, Jerry selling well and using his deadly jabs and gut punches to twist the match in his favour. The finish is actually really good. I've seen that sort of finish dozens of times watching old wrestling, but that was one of the best.

Incidentally, this match is interesting because Lawler's carrying around the AWA World Heavyweight title. He won the title from Curt Hennig in '88 as the AWA and CWA were partnering up to take on Vince. WCCW was to join the alliance as well and at SuperClash III Lawler unified the AWA and WCCW heavyweight titles after defeating Kerry Von Erich. However, the show didn't draw as expected, Gagne and Jarrett had a falling out and the alliance quickly collapsed. Lawler was stripped of the AWA title, but as he wasn't paid for SuperClash III he kept the belt and continued to claim he was champion for a up until Jerry Jarrett bought WCCW and united them with CWA as the USWA.

Lawler.gif
Fujinami.gif

Also, new Paige;

TUSgeOe.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I hope Kharma comes back as part of the new gen push. I know they've said she can come back when she's ring ready if she wants to.

I know they're looking at resigning Serena and signing Sarita.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
I hope Kharma comes back as part of the new gen push. I know they've said she can come back when she's ring ready if she wants to.

I know they're looking at resigning Serena and signing Sarita.

I hope Sarita stays in Japan. I really enjoy watching her wrestle and I won't get to do that if she signs with WWE

That submission move? It's a Koji Clutch. Daniels does it all the time.

Bryan or Christopher?

See this is one of the bigger shames I have as a wrestling fan, maybe due to growing up on all things that WWE produces, but I don't really have the knowledge of submission maneuvers and the names. If I had done one of those Wrestlemania reviews, 9/10 I would've been all like, "This guy did that thing" throughout the review. There a book on wrestling moves or something? With big pretty pictures?

Aiii

So not worth it
Bryan or Christopher?

See this is one of the bigger shames I have as a wrestling fan, maybe due to growing up on all things that WWE produces, not really having the knowledge of submission manuevers. If I had done one of those Wrestlemania reviews, 9/10 I would've been all like, "This guy did that thing" throughout the review. There a book on wrestling moves or something? With big pretty pictures?
Oddly enough your best bet is going through move list in CAW mode in the games.

Toki767

Bryan or Christopher?

See this is one of the bigger shames I have as a wrestling fan, maybe due to growing up on all things that WWE produces, not really having the knowledge of submission manuevers. If I had done one of those Wrestlemania reviews, 9/10 I would've been all like, "This guy did that thing" throughout the review. There a book on wrestling moves or something? With big pretty pictures?

Christopher Daniels.

Top Bottom