• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

strobogo

Banned
I like puns. I like fun. Wrestling is fun. If we are serious, we will become what we hate.

It stops being fun when it makes grown ass men throw hissy fits about not being appreciated and how they can make an opening post "better" than other people. The OP doesn't matter. This is a monthly thread. About wrestling. All it needs is the month and wrestling in the title. It doesn't need a bunch of pictures and gifs and memes. It doesn't need a date and time for every show by every company ever.

Ithil

Holy Shit on these Numbers for Raw yesterday:

hour 1: 5.313
hour 2: 5.094
hour 3: 5.032

Avg: 5.146

The largest audience for Raw since they did 6 million viewers in July 2012.

datdbry38soa.jpg

charsace

The problem is that outside of Reigns the other Shield members rarely work singles matches. And when they do its against main eventers or they get DQ'ed because the WWE will only let Reigns pick up the singles match wins. He does defend on house shows.

somedevil

Isn't almost firing season? I think Zack Ryder will survive!

Whoever wasn't in battle royal better watch out!

They are not firing people due to the network and television rights. Right now if your contract is ending soon then they should be worried.

Rapstah

They're bringing up a ton of guys. I thought WWE told their NXT talent not to expect too many people to be brought up now since they brought up seven or eight people in late 2012 and 2013. Women probably don't count in the same way.

njean777

Another question for you guys: is the WWE network worth it? I probably will just watch the PPV's and maybe some old attitude era stuff. Is the Attitude era stuff filled out? Is all of it there?

strobogo

Banned
Another question for you guys: is the WWE network worth it? I probably will just watch the PPV's and maybe some old attitude era stuff. Is the Attitude era stuff filled out? Is all of it there?

100% worth it even if you're just wanting to watch current PPVs. All Attitude Era PPVs are available. Only a few Raws and Smackdowns from that era is up, but I would expect them to start being put up when the firs 6 months comes to a close. They will eventually be up, though.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

It's worth it, the Attitude stuff is not there besides PPVs and a few Raws, but they update daily and add content.

There is PLENTY to watch and it's only getting bigger.

Guzim

All the Attitude Era PPVs are on there, and there's only a few Raws at the moment. But they keeping adding more and more stuff every day.

Rapstah

Frankly, I don't see why you would want to watch any Attitude Era TV content except for Edge's first promo on the Smackdown pilot, and that's on there, so just watch that 400 times and you're okay.

NOAH SEMex in SHINJUKU, 4/16/2014 [Wed] 19:00 @ Shinjuku FACE in Tokyo
(1) SEMex Opening Match: Genba Hirayanagi vs. Super Crazy

(2) KanaPro vs JWP: Kana vs. Rabbit Miu

(3) FLYING STAR vs Runaway Muy Bien: Taiji Ishimori vs. Hajime Ohara [Free]

(4) Colt “Boom Boom” Cabana vs. Kikutaro [Akiba]

(5) The Leave Cup Contention 9 Person Battle Royal: Naomichi Marufuji, Katsuhiko Nakajima, Muhammed Yone, Takeshi Morishima, KENTA, Takashi Sugiura, Yoshinari Ogawa, Mikey Nicholls & Shane Haste

(6) Ultra Different Dimension Showdown! Chokibogun vs UMA Corps: Maybach Taniguchi & Kenou [Michinoku] vs. Gomu Ningen & Uchubito Grey [I.W.A. Japan
]
(7) USA vs UK: Chris Hero vs. Zack Sabre Jr.

(8) GHC Junior Heavyweight Prelude Tag Match: Daisuke Harada & Mitsuhiro Kitamiya vs. Atsushi Kotoge & Hitoshi Kumano

Upcoming. NOAH event looks good

colt and kiktaro should be great

njean777

Frankly, I don't see why you would want to watch any Attitude Era TV content except for Edge's first promo on the Smackdown pilot, and that's on there, so just watch that 400 times and you're okay.

Well IDK if the rock vs HHH counts as attitude era, but that was my favorite point in time for wrestling so far. Rock will always be my favorite face, and triple H my favorite heel.

I've heard more wrestling comments on sportscenter and youtube in one day than I have over so many years.
Two man power trip has some of my favorite stuff people never talk about.

Gran Hamada vs Perro Aguayo - (UWF 04/11/1984)

This one's pretty fun - there's a long rivalry between these two dating back five years or so at this point, which explains why Perro is a huge dick before the bell's even rung. He's got some stiff-ass strikes for a lucha guy. Aguayo controls much of the early going, but Hamada gets to show off his technical skill as he fights out from under, however, Perro's a crafty bastard and always has some trick up his sleeve to turn things back in his favour. Once Hamada gets a head of steam, things really start to get going but, before he can make it count, Perro turns it into a bloody brawl that sees the locker room spill out to the ring. The crowd could be hotter, but this is good fun nonetheless. Hamada looked great, excellent physique and athleticism and the crowd popped for all his hope spots and comebacks.

Hamada.gif
Perro.gif

Top Bottom