• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

Cena is the real cerebral assassin.

NEW PAIGE:
TNA-Sting-The-Joker.jpg

Cena never used his rematch clause against Bryan. Or did that spill over to Orton?

Why am I even questioning the logistics of Cena title contentions?!

Edgeward

It would be interesting if Cena went the Nakamura route and wanted to make the IC more prestigious but Vince would have to remember they have an IC belt.

Do you think putting John Cena in the intercontinental title picture would elevate the title or harm Cena's standing/image?
I think they'd have to elevate the title for probably about a year before doing that. Like have Big E or whoever gets it next just be dominant in frequent title matches throughout the year. Then Cena could challenge for it and it be a big deal.

Why is WWE so bad at mid card matches and titles? I remember in WCW Sting getting the TV Title and it being a big deal!

Toki767

The IC title pretty much got cursed right after Orton had his run with the belt.

In Vince's mind, having a title means they can beat you without it harming you.

Edgeward

I remeber when Flair fought HHH in a cage for the IC belt. As soon as I knew it was a title match, it was immediately apparent Flair would win because no way would HHH ever bother with non world titles.

Net_Wrecker just got Wrecked™ in the Half-Life thread.

Again.

I didn't get fooled, it was more of a "Ugh, he did the same joke as 2 years ago and it made me double take again, and OMG Half Life 3 is still not even announced"

aka i noticed the comma much quicker this time, but the memory frustration remains.

Hasney

Cena never used his rematch clause against Bryan. Or did that spill over to Orton?

If Bryan wins the title, I'm going to be worried that Cena will come out all smiley on Raw and want his rematch after "beating Husky so bad he's back in Florida".

Darkest timeline.

Aiii

So not worth it
Rumors are strong that there will be a tie-in with CMT, and that a reality show about Jeff & Karen Jarrett going on the road each weekend looking for talent and trying to broker deals would precede the launch. Jarrett himself has signed a number of non-disclosure agreements, and really the only tangible bit of information known is that in leaving TNA, there is a contractual agreement that he can’t pitch anything to Spike, and that more than one station has been talked with. He, and others, have been scouting talent, and the expectation is it will be a combination of established stars for early name identity and undiscoveered talent. In the end, when it comes to every MMA and pro wrestling company going forward, the ability to be a success depends first and foremost on a television deal that pays you. Attempting to go old school and needing successful house shows to make money doesn’t work today, and a new group breaking into PPV is going to be very difficult.

Heh.

They definitely do. It's not enough to hate him in the ring, people come up with all sorts of BS reasons that Cena is secretly a total scumbag piece of shit.

Yup. They try to make out Cena to be some puppet master convincing Vince to bury people, when in reality, Cena's probably the top guy most open to working with lower tier guys aside from The Rock. They should be happy as hell Cena has been the top guy for the last decade, instead of somebody like Batista or Orton.

Hasney

I appreciate Hogan's been very upfront about I AINT WRESTLING BROTHER. He seems pretty set on not wantign to do anything like that.

He doesn't need to. Bryans celebrating in the ring, Hogan comes out clapping and accidentally chops Bryan. He goes down, puts a foot on his chest and a ref counts.

...And NEEEWWWWWWW WWE World Heavyweight Champion.

Aiii

So not worth it
Total Divas on 3/30 did 1.55 million viewers, the second highest total in the history of the show. The number is the most impressive the show has done to date, since they didn’t have the Keeping Up With the Kardashians lead-in, plus they were in the same time slot as “Walking Dead,” the hottest thing on cable, which did 15.68 million viewers. E! is not airing a new episode on 4/6 since it would go against WrestleMania. Historically, the show has taken a ratings hit opposite much smaller WWE PPV events. The big increase was probably due to all the advertising push of Summer Rae slapping Natalya in the face. The audience is strongly female, and mostly between the ages of 35-49. The show did 616,000 women viewers 18-49 and 368,000 male viewers, or 63%. All other WWE programming ranges from 65-70% male viewers.

For those wondering about the overlap from TD to Main WWE.

Hasney

If they want the crossover, they'd have to have more bitchiness on the main show.

Please don't let that happen.

Xater

Shouldn't it be about time we hear about WWE 2K15? Not that I expect much I am just curious if they found some ambition.

Hasney

I checked out a couple of episodes and hated it. If I wanted to see that amount of shit slinging, I'd just go to a zoo.

Shouldn't it be about time we hear about WWE 2K15? Not that I expect much I am just curious if they found some ambition.

It's usually around E3 if I remember right. They're not there, they just announce it around the time.

I'm not getting my hopes up, not this year!

Aiii

So not worth it
I wonder if WWE 2k15 is gonna be 1080p 60fps on PS4.

You know it will be 720p on Xbone, amirite Sunny?

Xater

I checked out a couple of episodes and hated it. If I wanted to see that amount of shit slinging, I'd just go to a zoo.

It's usually around E3 if I remember right. They're not there, they just announce it around the time.

I'm not getting my hopes up, not this year!

Just looked up when the last one was announced and it was shortly before E3. Just felt like it always was around Mania.

Hasney

Just looked up when the last one was announced and it was shortly before E3. Just felt like it always was around Mania.

Aye, then the proper previews hit around Summerslam I think? We usually get that little video mentioning Kofi being the best at it.

Alucard

Banned

Remember. Bryan said Cena would be the first one to get a shot at the belt if/when Bryan wins. Cena/Bryan II at Summerslam. One year later.

The Road to Invasion Attack show was pretty good, no real bad matches on the show. The young lion's had a better showing today, while the Nagata, Tiger & Liger vs Suzuki-gun match was pretty fun. The 3 matches on the 2nd half of the show were all great, with two 8-man tags (Tana & co. vs CHAOS was awesome) and a real fun Ibushi vs Nick Jackson main event marred slightly by the usual Bullet Club shenanigans.

Here, have a Suzuki gif;

Suzuki1.gif

Alucard

Banned
but...Batista has to hold the belt(s) at Summerfest, because movies

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see if they go that route. I figure Extreme Rules will have Bryan vs. Orton in a street fight or something.

How many people think it's POSSIBLE that Cena actually turns in the next 3-4 months? Probably not due to DAT MERCH.

Top Bottom