• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

Krakle

I started watching WWE again for the first time in years just before Wrestlemania. There's a lot of faces I don't recognise but the Wyatts really stand out. They're really good at being creepy and their video segments are edited together very well.

Showaddy

Damn that backstage vid of Paige after she got the belt is pretty moving.
Bk_LqfpIcAEILN0.jpg:large

I just hope that AJ and Paige have a better match in the future.

But Paige winning the belt was nice. I have a good feeling about WWE in general as of late, brehs.

The first thing I mentioned to somebody was how taken back Paige seemed to be that the crowd knew who she was. But it is the smartest crowd of the year and likely she'll get less of a reaction next week.

Sblargh

Banned
Jeez, don't be mean, she rationally knowing she would be over and actually experiencing it with the full force of the post mania crowd are two very different things. People usually experience the crowd being over for other people a lot before they chant their name; she was in a very rare situation there.

Ithil

--With Paige now WWE Divas' Champion, the NXT Women's Championship will most likely be vacated with Sasha Banks or Charlotte as champion being chased by Bayley.

--The Ascension will be called up shortly in addition to all of the NXT talent that was pushed on Raw. With so many holes on NXT, expect Shawn Ricker to be moved up to their TV tapings. Adrian Neville will stay on NXT through the end of the summer at the very least.
A vacation seems like a waste when you can just have Charlotte or Sasha beat Paige for the title via cheating on TV, but otherwise seems like NXT is getting a proper resuffling with Bo, Adam Rose, Paige, Emma and the Ascension going to the main roster full time. It's been stale for a while now since they were obviously waiting til after WM to call up a bunch of people.

Xater

A vacation seems like a waste when you can just have Charlotte or Sasha beat Paige for the title via cheating on TV, but otherwise seems like NXT is getting a proper resuffling with Bo, Adam Rose, Paige, Emma and the Ascension going to the main roster full time. It's been stale for a while now since they were obviously waiting til after WM to call up a bunch of people.

Fuck, now i have to see the Ascension on RAW? RAW just became good. Don't do this to me!

somedevil

Just for the people who missed it here is the great stuff TNA is coming up with in the next two weeks:

Eric Young promo:

*Show begins with new world heavyweight champion Eric Young coming to the ring for a promo. Young says it's been a good 7 days and the title represents a lifetime of hard work. Crowd chanted "You deserve it". Young said he won it for himself but will be a champion for the fans. Young said this is his way of paying the fans back for their ten years of support. Young talks about being told you can't do something and says there's no difference between he and the fans because he is one of them.

Where did that chant and promo come from?

Kurt Angle promo:

Angle said he will take his time inflicting pain on EC3. Angle says their fight will not end until he's taken out, not on a stretcher, but a bodybag.

Disturbing and hopefully edited because they will just replay it again and again if something happens to him.

MVP on Joe:

*MVP came out for a promo. MVP put over Eric Young winning the title last week. MVP brought up Samoa Joe being unavailable last week and says Joe hasn't been returning his calls. MVP says word has gotten back to him that Joe is disgruntled.

CM
Joe

Also, included is the usual gimmick matches, feuds that won't end even after a blow off and face turns of
Abyss and Gail Kim
and Aries coming back just to lose.

Who writes this crap?

Enzo must be close to returning from injury. I could see Tyler Breeze getting the NXT Divas Champ. I don't want to see Brodus Clay and Neville feud. The Ascension need to Stay Down.

gurudyne

Fuck, now i have to see the Ascension on RAW? RAW just became good. Don't do this to me!

We always knew there was going to be a rebounding effect. ADR, Sheamus, Rybaxel, Los Matadores, Miz and Khali all have to come back to RAW sooner or later. As for the Ascension, I can see them getting a push that lasts somewhere between Curtis Axel's and Los Matadores before they're just another tag team.

Showaddy

The Ascension getting a call up will be a godsend, I'll need a new piss break now that Paige & AJ are taking up the divas segments.

Also getting those embarrassingly shit fucks off NXT will be ace.

Xater

The Ascension getting a call up will be a godsend, I'll need a new piss break now that Paige & AJ are taking up the divas segments.

Also getting those embarrassingly shit fucks off NXT will be ace.

Without having seen a lot of the other guys, a lot of the people that are left at NXT now kinda suck. Mojo, Brodus, CJ Parker, Camacho...

Hope the guys coming up are really good.

Showaddy

Without having seen a lot of the other guys, a lot of the people that are left at NXT now kinda suck. Mojo, Brodus, CJ Parker, Camacho...

Hope the guys coming up are really good.

To be honest a load of the guys who have gone up aren't exactly top tier either, Paige is the only one out of this batch that really deserves a call up.

Anyway Solomon Crowe, Kalisto, Shaun Ricker (or whatever the fuck his new name is) and possibly Devitt will be replacing them so it's a massive upgrade.

Top Bottom