• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

Hasney

I got lucky with my Game Gear as a kid. My mum loved Columns, so had to buy a rechargeable battry pack so she could take it down the pub.

My only problem is that it wouldn't fit with my Master System cart adapter.

Hasney

Game Gear was cool shit, too bad Sega had to make almost every game for it.

Also I'm pretty sure Acclaim made some piece of garbage WWF game for GG.

sega-game-gear-wwf-wrestlemania-steel-cage-challenge.jpg

Anyone remember the Nomad? It might have been called something else outside the US. I think Sega back then just made new shit because they felt like it instead of looking ahead to see if it would even sell.

But he looked strong against Cena.

I hope you aren't getting at what I think you are getting at. He was never going to win that belt, not with the unification plans. He came out of that the best he could given the circumstance. How he was booked afterwards has nothing to do with the fact that, on that night, he looked as good as anyone.

strobogo

Banned
I would imagine because most licensed games were pieces of shit made just to cash in with no thought or care to quality, and they made the games the fastest.

Hasney

I would imagine because most licensed games were pieces of shit made just to cash in with no thought or care to quality, and they made the games the fastest.

I imagine that's why THQ stuck with Yukes ahead of Aki. I remember both Wrestlemania 2000 and No Mercy suffering delays.

Sblargh

Banned

First google image search, basically everyone very good looking in this pic; except maybe the 4th person from the left. But generally speaking, excluding CG and people who I am sure were very good looking in their prime, Capoeira either attracts or make people beautiful.

There are exceptions, of course.
Like that 4th person from the left.

First google image search, basically everyone very good looking in this pic; except maybe the 4th person from the left. But generally speaking, excluding CG and people who I am sure were very good looking in their prime, Capoeira either attracts or make people beautiful.

There are exceptions, of course.
Like that 4th person from the left.

Where are the #CHICKS though?

xfW9QD9.jpg

Nakamura wasted on Gracies :|

This is the wost "MMA dudes invade" angle ever. If Rolles spent a few months in the New Japan Dojo, he could be pretty decent. Daniel is terrible, though. I'm sure there's MMA fighters out there who could do a far better job, but they don't have the Gracie name and that's what this whole thing's based on. EH.

Incidentally, Daniel brought up the fact that he beat Nakamura in an MMA match like...a decade ago. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see if we get Nak vs Daniel and Saku vs Rolles at some point.

Xater

Ugh that's awful. Can they please just stop with these C-Tier Gracies already?

Can't believe I will probably have to skip a Nakamura match....

They're not going to stop until Sakuraba's beat one of them, as he's known as "The Gracie Killer" from MMA and that seems to be the only damn reason they're using Rolles & Daniel. Hopefully they'll be entirely done with this angle by the Yokohama Arena show at the end of May.

So I've been watching the Ultimate Warrior Collection. Just got past Wrestlemania VI.

People say Hogan put warrior over cleanly, but Hogan did cover the Warrior for like 10 seconds after the ref was knocked out by the Warrior accidentally. I'm sure in Hogan's mind that made it not a completely clean loss to Warrior.

Also, people have been saying Warrior had the shorter blonder hair during his '92 comeback (leading to people thinking the original Ultimate Warrior had died, and there was a new one), but he actually starts dying his hair blonde around the time he beat Hogan it seems. Before Wrestlemania VI he had a promo about bringing together Hulkamania and the Warriors, so maybe the whole blonde thing was his way of saying he had taken Hulk's powers from him?

Goddamn, wish I hadn't read all the shit Warrior wrote on his site after the WWE DVD buried him - in particular, this paragraph about Bobby Heenan;

As for you, Booby Heenan, it’s just too difficult to keep a straight face talking about the pure two-faced bag of shit you are (and have always been), what, with you also actually wearing one as a piece of body jewelry. You are dying, dis-eased on the inside, and no more time is left to get back any of the integrity that matters the most on death’s bed. Imagine what it will be like, lying there taking in your last breaths, knowing you whored yourself out your whole life, and had to, in your final years, be faced with emptying your own personal shit bag affirming to you the true value of what you achieved in your life. Not even Vince could come up with a better finish than this. Karma is just a beautiful thing to behold.

Ripclawe

Banned
http://regressing.deadspin.com/wres...-every-suplex-chair-hit-an-1560958251/+kylenw

vnkcvdckj4ffvj480az1.png

A few takeaways:

Daniel Bryan recorded 11 submission holds during his match with Triple H, showing that even when he was getting his ass kicked, the American Dragon stayed plenty active.

No surprise here: The Undertaker had by far the longest entrance, at just over seven minutes. Triple H and Bray Watt came in at 4:11 and 4:10, respectively.

However, a creaky Undertaker showed his age by relying on the turnbuckle—his six turnbuckle-based moves lapped the field.

John Cena kicked out of the most pins—including one out of a finisher—of anyone at Wrestlemania this year.

Each wrestler with the shortest entrance ended up winning their match

Sblargh

Banned
Goddamn, wish I hadn't read all the shit Warrior wrote on his site after the WWE DVD buried him - in particular, this paragraph about Bobby Heenan;

As for you, Booby Heenan, it’s just too difficult to keep a straight face talking about the pure two-faced bag of shit you are (and have always been), what, with you also actually wearing one as a piece of body jewelry. You are dying, dis-eased on the inside, and no more time is left to get back any of the integrity that matters the most on death’s bed. Imagine what it will be like, lying there taking in your last breaths, knowing you whored yourself out your whole life, and had to, in your final years, be faced with emptying your own personal shit bag affirming to you the true value of what you achieved in your life. Not even Vince could come up with a better finish than this. Karma is just a beautiful thing to behold.

The less said about his opinions on pretty much any topic in the universe, the better. I can celebrate his career, what he meant for pro-wrestling, the character, the dedication. If we go into his beliefs and his ethics... it won't end on a good note.

Xater

I want to say that I really don't like the current interviewer on NXT. She nods the whole time even when no point is being made. It infuriates me. It's no natural interaction, she probably doesn't even listen and just waits for her next line. Also when she talks it sounds like one of those annoying girlie voices. Basically she talks like a girl from Clueless but for real.

I want to say that I really don't like the current interviewer on NXT. She nods the whole time even when no point is being made. It infuriates me. It's no natural interaction, she probably doesn't even listen and just waits for her next line. Also when she talks it sounds like one of those annoying girlie voices. Basically she talks like a girl from Clueless but for real.

She is definitely a step down from Renne, but I think she is doing a good job. She seems to have a personality too, which was something many WWE interviewers were lacking lately...

QZhGxc9.gif
luA4IEq.gif

xGJjYht.gif
xItmaX6.gif

Watched Rush vs Shocker in a hair vs hair match, good 3rd fall to this one;

Rush vs Shocker - Cabellera vs Cabellera - (CMLL 03/21/14)

It does the lucha thing where the first two falls are largely meaningless and have no impact on the rest of the match, but is pretty great once they pick up the pace for the 3rd fall. Rush looked like a huge star and Shocker played the crafty veteran role well. Incidentally, isn't Rush a technico? Crowd were booing him pretty heavily for a lot of the match. Also, love that dropkick - someone book Shibata vs Rush;

Rush.gif

Top Bottom