• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
My favorite part of TNA is the concept between Feast or Fired. It's so stupid.

jred2k

Reading the last page or so of this thread really has me wanting WWE to buy TNA's tape library once they go out of business. The amount of Worst ________ episodes of Countdown they could fill up with TNA moments would be glorious.

The saddest part is that there is an audience of about a million people who will watch TNA every week no matter what they do, and that just might be barely enough for Spike to renew them.
Crazy. Jarretts corny promotion or RoH have an easy job of taking their spot. RoH has the work rate, the NJPW crossover and some decent personalities. The only issue is the production and not being on a major network.

We've got AAA and GFW launching.

TNA business model isn't house show attendance, PPV buys and merchandise sales, lol just maintaining a 1.0 rating.

Sblargh

Banned
Reading the last page or so of this thread really has me wanting WWE to buy TNA's tape library once they go out of business. The amount of Worst ________ episodes of Countdown they could fill up with TNA moments would be glorious.

Right? I was thinking about it! Any countdown episode of worst moments will just be incomplete without the shit being discussed here.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Every time I see GFW I think of our storied past with the GWF.
Jw1NRKS.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I mean, if people are going to take WrassleGAF seriously, we need to have a weekly show.

I've also never understood why the WWE games release in the fall. Most sports games release at the beginning of their respective seasons, when interest is highest. Wouldn't it make more sense to release WWE games the week after WM?

Rapstah

I've also never understood why the WWE games release in the fall. Most sports games release at the beginning of their respective seasons, when interest is highest. Wouldn't it make more sense to release WWE games the week after WM?

It probably takes Yuke's that much time to actually get the WrestleMania roster into the game. Shit, 2k14 still has pre-Tons of Funk Tensai (he's in a tag team with that name but he still has his old entrance music and the green mist finisher) and he joined that team in February.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think it'd be smart for WWE to release their flagship game a week before Mania. Maybe 2.

Rapstah

They wouldn't be able to get the Mania set plans beforehand I bet.

Yuke's has problems with PPV designs in general. 2k14 technically has a WM30 arena, but it's just Raw with purple and yellow lighting because obviously the set design wasn't done in October. On the other hand, they still have Hell in a Cell 2012 2011 and No Way Out 2012 to represent those PPVs in the game. And King still talks about how the trademark match of No Way Out is the Elimination Chamber match on commentary.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yuke's has problems with PPV designs in general. 2k14 technically has a WM30 arena, but it's just Raw with purple and yellow lighting because obviously the set design wasn't done in October. On the other hand, they still have Hell in a Cell 2012 and No Way Out 2012 to represent those PPVs in the game. And King still talks about how the trademark match of No Way Out is the Elimination Chamber match on commentary.

What year was "He's putting those educated feet to good use!" debut?

I want to say WWF Attitude, 1999/2000.

alstein

Crazy. Jarretts corny promotion or RoH have an easy job of taking their spot. RoH has the work rate, the NJPW crossover and some decent personalities. The only issue is the production and not being on a major network.

We've got AAA and GFW launching.

TNA business model isn't house show attendance, PPV buys and merchandise sales, lol just maintaining a 1.0 rating.

The thing is part of Jarrett's release from TNA is that he can't replace them on Spike. He has to go to another network.

Vylash

Reminder that we would have a promotion with Paul Heyman as head of creative, JR in charge of talent relations, and Daniel Bryan as the main attraction if it wasn't for Dixie Carter

Sblargh

Banned
Reminder that we would have a promotion with Paul Heyman as head of creative, JR in charge of talent relations, and Daniel Bryan as the main attraction if it wasn't for Dixie Carter

What?

Edit : well, we do have a promotion with Bryan as main attraction, Heyman does seem to be important in creative and JR has a podcast. Close enough.

Vylash

All of these things were set to happen to TNA, Heyman was going to be brought in and his plan was to make Bryan the main guy but they wouldn't give him the full creative control he wanted, JR also met with her and was going to be their head of talent relations, but the company was run so poorly that he backed out

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I do wanna say I'm really pleased our trans members feel comfortable here.

BHZ Mayor

It probably takes Yuke's that much time to actually get the WrestleMania roster into the game. Shit, 2k14 still has pre-Tons of Funk Tensai (he's in a tag team with that name but he still has his old entrance music and the green mist finisher) and he joined that team in February.

This is the same game that launched with the brand extension 2 years after the brand extension ended.

Also, I think if you do the WM season release schedule, then you could switch development to VC. Which would be the best thing ever.

Damn mobile browser, I keep double posting. My perils know no bounds.

Top Bottom