• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

Rapstah

I'd love to see a generator of some kind that generated gimmick matches of the type (16 wrestlers have a _________ match until 8 are left, they then have a ___________ match until 2 are left, they then have a __________ match" with matches that would work in the slots.

Here's the domed cage. You have to escape through a tiny hole in the top. TNA called it..... THE TERRORDOME.

devineasylum.jpg

Nelo Ice

Banned
Hm, wait a second: if Adam Rose's undisclosed party location is a bus, doesn't that kind of ruin the NXT commentators bickering about not being told where the party was?

I really need to watch NXXT. Just watched his entrance for the first time and it is incredible. It's so ridiculous that I hope they keep it when he goes up to the main roster.

Rapstah

I really need to watch NXXT. Just watched his entrance for the first time and it is incredible. It's so ridiculous that I hope they keep when he goes up to the main roster.

This taping was a dud. Next week has a Great Khali guest match. I'd wait until the next taping if possible, there should only be one episode left of this one (right?).

I remember when Triple H was GM for Raw a few years ago and he made Cena and Orton fight the entire Raw Roster.
That match did have the attitude adjustment into RKO double team so that's something.
Or was it a Cena throw into RKO? yeah I think that makes more sense.

TNA also had a ladder match where instead of taking down the belt instead you have to hang it up

Didn't it also have a pinfall penalty box as well because one bad gimmick isn't enough.

Showaddy

Adam Rose just isn't the same without his original theme, they've tried to rip off the original as best they can but it's just not there anymore.

Rapstah

Adam Roose just isn't the same without his original theme, they've tried to rip off the original as best they can but it's just not there.

This is forever going to kind of ruin him to me. People who haven't seen him before his main roster debut are better off. :(

TNA did a fish market street fight if not i'm not mistaken

just imagine every single fish-related pun known to man, cuz the commentators did it

This is forever going to kind of ruin him to me. People who haven't seen him before his main roster debut are better off. :(

At least they're giving him vignettes unlike Paige or Emma!! I don't think the gimmick has legs (see Fandango).

And Ascension are going to flounder on the roster. Their LoD squashes lack the music and Road Warriors charisma.

TNA being open for 12 years is truly one of the most confusing and bewildering things of the post 9/11 world.

Even ECW got close to the same ratings on Spike. There'll always going to be hard core wrestling fans/audience.

It's astonishing how RoH/Sinclair hasn't tried to target their spot. They seem to be doing more and have the better roster and upcoming events.

At least they're giving him vignettes unlike Paige or Emma!! I don't think the gimmick has legs (see Fandango).

And Ascension are going to flounder on the roster. Their LoD squashes lack the music and Road Warriors charisma.

Giving women vignettes would be meaningless. No one would care because they have no reason to care. Debuting Paige the way they did was the right move. She didn't necessarily have to win the belt, but debuting the way she did was infinitely better for her than vignettes would have been.

Sblargh

Banned
ARE YOU SERIOUS?!??! WOW.

I thought that was just the end of a PPV that got caught on cameras or some shit,.

I'm laughing way too much at this. Goddamn it. Just the notion of kicking everyone out for a gimmick match and bringing them back in later is... oh my god, goddamn it.

TNA's money in the bank ripoff where they have to fire someone every time they do it is probably my favorite

Most of the time you can tell who's getting the fired briefcase too. "Well, it's either Samoa Joe, Bobby Roode, James Storm, or Hernandez. Who will have the bad briefcase?????"

I think there was Electric Cage Match TNA did once...well wrestlers would grab the cage and some dude in the back would flicker the lights and make stock sound effects. Of course, sometimes wrestlers touch the cage and no lights/selling whatsoever happens.

oh man, maybe WWE should just stick with the gimmicks they already have. Especially in the PG era where blood is a no-no

Giving women vignettes would be meaningless. No one would care because they have no reason to care. Debuting Paige the way they did was the right move. She didn't necessarily have to win the belt, but debuting the way she did was infinitely better for her than vignettes would have been.

So having vignettes wouldn't condition them to care about the character before they debut?

By not doing the vignettes, the crowd had no clue about the Emma dance, music or her climbing into the ring.

They have more than a dozen Divas, a television show, why not tap into another demo or expand the portfolio?

I think there was Electric Cage Match TNA did once...well wrestlers would grab the cage and some dude in the back would flicker the lights and make stock sound effects. Of course, sometimes wrestlers touch the cage and no lights/selling whatsoever happens.

oh man, maybe WWE should just stick with the gimmicks they already have. Especially in the PG era where blood is a no-no

Blood is significantly less of a no-no than it was when they went PG.

So having vignettes wouldn't condition them to care about the character before they debut?

By not doing the vignettes, the crowd had no clue about the Emma dance, music or her climbing into the ring.

They have more than a dozen Divas, a television show, why not tap into another demo or expand the portfolio?

For men, yes, vignettes work. For women, in the division's current state, I don't think people would put much stock in them at all. Yes, people would know who she is, but in all likelihood they wouldn't care.

Showaddy

The Ascension lack pretty much everything bar the ability to shout YAH really loudly, 25 years of wrestling experience between them and they're still god awful.

strobogo

Banned
TNA is fucking terrible. They somehow managed to out shitty match/gimmick/show 13 years of WCW and 60 years of WWE in just 12 years. It's like they saw every bad idea that every national and territory promotion ever had and thought "We can do worse". And proceeded to do worse for 12 years straight, most of it on national and international television.

For men, yes, vignettes work. For women, in the division's current state, I don't think people would put much stock in them at all. Yes, people would know who she is, but in all likelihood they wouldn't care.

Unless they put an effort and condition the audience to care. The reason why no one cares about the tag division, IC Title, U.S. Title, etc is because they haven't done a good job of emphasizing them.

Jamie OD

Didn't someone win title in one of those. Like they opened to case and a belt was inside?

That was the Knockouts equivalent to the Feast Or Fired match. Angelina Love won the title, the former champ Tara got her pet tarantula back (and was so happy she forgot about losing the belt) and Daffney got the box that forced her to do a striptease (that got interrupted by Lacey Von Erich because she wanted to do it instead). It was batshit insane.

Rapstah

The Ascension lack pretty much everything bar the ability to shout YAH really loudly, 25 years of wrestling experience between them and they're still god awful.

Neither "yah" nor squash matches are going to be happening on the main roster. Seems like a stranger decision the more you think about it.

Anth0ny

So is Bryan just going to feud with Batista and Orton for the next few months?

I feel like now (or soon) is the perfect time to turn Sheamus and start a program there with Bryan. That dude is doing nothing as a babyface blob.

The saddest part is that there is an audience of about a million people who will watch TNA every week no matter what they do, and that just might be barely enough for Spike to renew them.

Unless they put an effort and condition the audience to care. The reason why no one cares about the tag division, IC Title, U.S. Title, etc is because they haven't done a good job of emphasizing them.

I agree. But you have to make the women you already have matter before people will care about a new one.

Showaddy

Neither "yah" nor squash matches are going to be happening on the main roster. Seems like a stranger decision the more you think about it.

Gotta get them off NXT to make way for some actual talent and they've invested to much time and effort into the pair just to release them. Better to have them condemned to the lower card then have them taking up a chunk of NXT's 1 hour slot.

This is the Erick Rowan Invitational Sheep-herders Match! Now, to win this match, the participating WWE Superstars must shear the wool off all sheep that enter the ring. Every two minutes, a new sheep will enter the ring. This will repeat until all 30 sheep have entered the ring. A sheep may only be eliminated by being thrown over the top rope, and all four legs touching the floor. The WWE Superstar standing with the most shorn wool in his basket when all 30 sheep have been eliminated is the winner.
I'm busting up over this, this is some straight up Mario Party shit

TNA in their infinite wisdom, decide to have an empty arena match on a PPv so they kicked everyone out of the arena .
You cannot be serious, holy shit. I can't believe this happened, and that TNA is still in business

They're intro is terrible unlike the blood/fire/music of Gangrel. Their costumes are average. They lack in ring charisma nor do anything in their mannerisms or maneuvers to convince you they're vampires.

And they might have a few squash matches but they're going to get into a program where they're going to have wrestle a 10-minute + match. They don't have the high spots of a LoD, Usos, Rhodes Brothers, etc.

Rapstah

The only spot I know the Ascension does except their finisher is the thing where Viktor (the small one???) holds a guy's arm while he's lying on the mat and bends his knee a couple of times? It doesn't look like it does anything. What is that?

Top Bottom