• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

Xater

And just to pick on the show some more

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9d18_OnCp4&noredirect=1

The match was in Jan, 3 weeks AFTER TLC

Which would have been a month or so before her "injury'

Which happens like 2 weeks after this match

The timeline of that show is all kinds of fucked up. So yeah, take it as just more story lines. Some it might have some truth to it but for the most part it's just as fake as the wrestling shows.

Sblargh

Banned
Divaverse is awesome. She refused surgery because of tlc, but then tlc happened and it's like, she won this challenge, she closed this storyline, so she'll never need surgery now. It's like by competing on tlc she decided her nose wasn't broken anymore.

What's Eric Young's signature move?

XceDiqt.png

strobogo

Banned
Didn't know where to post this and search led me here. I just wanted to say that I impulse-bought WWE 2K14 after seeing The Rock on the cover, and its amazing! I don't recognize a bunch of the roster since I haven't watched wrestling since the time slightly after Stone Cold retired. But I'm loving the inclusion of Goldberg, Bret Hart, NWO, Brock, etc...
Also, the CAW mode is incredible. You can literally make anything. 'Been having fun making my own moves, downloading logos and CAW's, and having legends matches. If all future games are like this then I'm on board, as long as they keep all the legends intact (I don't care much for the current roster I'm seeing).

Just two quick questions...

1. How do you go to a back grapple from a front grapple or just from standing?
2. How do you consistently pull your opponent up? Sometimes I pull them up, sometimes I end up doing a ground submission.

I guess if I had any complaints its that the control scheme should be more simplified, and that I should be able to edit existing wrestler attires.

iKS5lnOpNTdrp.gif

There is an in game guide either in the options is as its own selection on the main screen.

Didn't know where to post this and search led me here. I just wanted to say that I impulse-bought WWE 2K14 after seeing The Rock on the cover, and its amazing! I don't recognize a bunch of the roster since I haven't watched wrestling since the time slightly after Stone Cold retired. But I'm loving the inclusion of Goldberg, Bret Hart, NWO, Brock, etc...
Also, the CAW mode is incredible. You can literally make anything. 'Been having fun making my own moves, downloading logos and CAW's, and having legends matches. If all future games are like this then I'm on board, as long as they keep all the legends intact (I don't care much for the current roster I'm seeing).

Just two quick questions...

1. How do you go to a back grapple from a front grapple or just from standing?
2. How do you consistently pull your opponent up? Sometimes I pull them up, sometimes I end up doing a ground submission.

I guess if I had any complaints its that the control scheme should be more simplified, and that I should be able to edit existing wrestler attires.

1: Use the right joystick and that flips them around when they're standing on the PS3
2: Hold R2 and the right joystick up. Could be the left, it's been a while since I've played.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's kind of sad I have no clue how to play 2k13 or 2k14 despite owning and having them be "played" for many, many hours.

I just sim that shit. GWF baby.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I do miss GWF.

I remember our first show - Sokantish cheated like a mean motherfucker, obliterated Nocturnowl in our King of the Ring tournament.

I remember Strobogo and Shark Johnson having a horrific WCW-2000-esque feud around Backstage Brawls.

I remember Laserfrog winning it all.

I remember Bishoptl showing up and fighting people and if they lost, they'd be deleted.

I remember Beefers being upset he was an Agumon or whatever those low-rent Pokemon-for-Poors are called.

I remember a lot more...

Oh I also remember our time travel storyline where Soulplaya and Laserfrog got transported to WCW 1998 and had to fight at Halloween Havoc in Fire Pro Wrestling Returns. That was awesome as fuck.

Less than 2 weeks from my Osaka trip.

Prepare for a much more entertaining WrassleGAF when I'm not here ruining it with my puns and OMERTAs

They really need to go back to what made wrestling games so great. I'd love a game just as fun as No Mercy/Day of Reckoning/Here Comes the Pain. :(

mouserat

Neo Member
I saw this topic of discussion on reddit a while ago, might be fun to do here.

whose finisher sucks, and what would you replace it with?

I'll get us started I guess

Miz - Skull Crushing Finale - looks like ass, stupid stupid stupid move. can't replace it with the Figure Four because Miz doesn't know how to do the wrestling move I could execute perfectly 100% of the time before I was 5 years old. give him his release from WWE, I don't want him to have another finisher.

Paige - Paige Turner - yeah she's got the Scorpion Cross Lock but she won't be able to do that on half the Divas, and probably not allowed to do it on RAW in case 'the boys' look bad, and she needs an 'impact' finisher I guess. go back to using her Cradle DDT or Fisherman's Buster, both far better moves.

Bray Wyatt - Sister Abigail - this might be controversial but I think this move sucks. Plus it's R-Truth's finisher. and Kanyons. and a million shitty indie wrestlers. He should have used the weird Facebuster he does where he picks em up like a baby and swings them onto his knee, because it's awesome, original, and has way more impact

Wade Barret - Bullhammer Elbow - doesn't need changed, just do it short arm, or ROOOOOOAAARRING ELBOW style.

The Big Show - Crappy Punch - not even addressing why this sucks so much. just follow the blueprint and use a chokeslam, idiot.

Dean Ambrose - Headlock Driver - this really sucks. looks awful, even if the guy is selling it is RVD. change the rules and let the dude rock a Piledriver! maybe a Cradle Piledriver to keep it unique. if he ever gets a top heel push the Piledriver as been built as this crazy, illegal, career ending move, and he would look legit crazy badass using it.

Seth Rollins - Peace of Mind (URGH) / Kerbstomp - yeah this sucks, sorry. I hate 'bend over in the middle of the ring while I run off the ropes' moves in the middle of the match so seriously fuck them as a finisher. when he does this move it looks like he's doing everything in his power not to actually kerbstomp the guy. stick with the Asai DDT, maybe keep it rope assisted like Brian Kendrick so it can be done on anyone, or use the top rope Knee strike.

John Cena - AA - just make it a Death Valley Drive dude.

Sheamus - Brogue Kick - what a lame, lame move. the bicycle/pump kick has been a boring big midcard guy signature move for too long. the Forward Roll Slam, White Noise, Texas Cloverleaf and Crucifix Powerbomb are way better

Big Show needs to stop with the KO Punch. Thankfully he never wins so he rarely gets to use it, just go back to the chokeslams. His chokeslams used to look so awesome.

strobogo

Banned
What really sucks about Big Show is that when he came back in 2008, he was doing some of the best work of his career and his punch was well built and he threw it like a guy who really knows how to throw a punch instead of the ham punch he does now.

jred2k

I do miss GWF.

I remember our first show - Sokantish cheated like a mean motherfucker, obliterated Nocturnowl in our King of the Ring tournament.

I remember Strobogo and Shark Johnson having a horrific WCW-2000-esque feud around Backstage Brawls.

I remember Laserfrog winning it all.

I remember Bishoptl showing up and fighting people and if they lost, they'd be deleted.

I remember Beefers being upset he was an Agumon or whatever those low-rent Pokemon-for-Poors are called.

I remember a lot more...

Oh I also remember our time travel storyline where Soulplaya and Laserfrog got transported to WCW 1998 and had to fight at Halloween Havoc in Fire Pro Wrestling Returns. That was awesome as fuck.

I remember now nimble sneaky Big Show in grabbing that briefcase off the floor.

Less than 2 weeks from my Osaka trip.

Prepare for a much more entertaining WrassleGAF when I'm not here ruining it with my puns and OMERTAs

Finally we'll be able to have a conversation about IWA-MS without you just blindly praising everything they do!

Dean needs an old-school piledriver as his finisher, maybe a spike version for special occasions.

Is Ryback's finisher still that dumb shellshock thing? Give him a powerbomb.

Also, I like Rollins curb stomp, but I'd much prefer it if they let him use God's Last Gift (small package driver).

Was hoping that day came with the 2K buyout, but it doesn't look like it's happening.

Well 2K only has one sports team, and that's VC. And they can't split like they used to for MLB and NBA, because WWE and NBA come out at the same time, where as NBA and MLB came out six months apart.

What really sucks about Big Show is that when he came back in 2008, he was doing some of the best work of his career and his punch was well built and he threw it like a guy who really knows how to throw a punch instead of the ham punch he does now.

Seeing the Slim Show in 2008 was one hell of a swerve, don't remember anything particularly noteworthy about his run that year otherwise.
He had that random feud with Taker where he was afraid of caskets and that's all I can recall.

Dean needs an old-school piledriver as his finisher, maybe a spike version for special occasions.

Is Ryback's finisher still that dumb shellshock thing? Give him a powerbomb.

Also, I like Rollins curb stomp, but I'd much prefer it if they let him use God's Last Gift (small package driver).

Dean should have a body scissors DDT as a finisher.

mouserat

Neo Member

KO Impact moves like Bryan's Knee or Sweet Chin Music make sense to me in kayfabe because they make out like the ideal way to use it is wait for a groggy opponent to stand up so they can burst out of the corner with power and precision, but the KO punch is just dumb, because so much pro-wrestling is based around strikes, punches in particular. every time the Big Show is holding someone in the corner, ready to slap their chest, I'm just thinking 'just punch him'. every time he comes off the ropes for a big sloppy spear I'm thinking 'just punch him'. every time he's doing the faceoff at the start of the match 'just punch him'

JUST FUCKING PUNCH HIM BIG SHOW

Seeing the Slim Show in 2008 was one hell of a swerve, don't remember anything particularly noteworthy about his run that year otherwise.
He had that random feud with Taker where he was afraid of caskets and that's all I can recall.

You forgot the greatest moment of Show's career, Floyd Mayweather at Wrestlemania

and if we're talking about worst finishers, I always gotta shit on Rey Mysterio's 619, that requires people to land in the middle two ropes(something that only ever happens in Rey Mysterio matches somehow) and just kinda relax there awkwardly for about a hour

Rapstah

Watch the only thing 2K add in from previous games is 2K coins. I don't play career and create a player modes so it didn't bother me but they fucked NBA with the nickel and diming.

:lol if they lock the pieces of clothing that have been in that creator since 2007 behind real money.

jmdajr

Divaverse is awesome. She refused surgery because of tlc, but then tlc happened and it's like, she won this challenge, she closed this storyline, so she'll never need surgery now. It's like by competing on tlc she decided her nose wasn't broken anymore.

absolutely

Jeff Jarrett got conned by Ian Rotten and responded by smacking Ian's son lol

Great job getting good publicity shortly after announcing your new promotion, Double-J

Top Bottom