• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

Xater

Watch the only thing 2K add in from previous games is 2K coins. I don't play career and create a player modes so it didn't bother me but they fucked NBA with the nickel and diming.

Damn did they put that shit in 2K14? I played some NBA 2K14 on PS4 and thought it was a really good game that was ruined by the whole coins thing. When I have to figure out an efficient way to grind those things in a full retail title something is wrong.

Jeff Jarrett got conned by Ian Rotten and responded by smacking Ian's son lol

Great job getting good publicity shortly after announcing your new promotion, Double-J

Isn't Jarrett's new promotion meant to be part reality show, or something? Perhaps it's a work...gawd, could you imagine Ian Rotten as a reality TV star?

Bronson would be ecstatic.

Raw64life

I saw this topic of discussion on reddit a while ago, might be fun to do here.

whose finisher sucks, and what would you replace it with?

Team Ziggler all have terrible finishing moves. The Zig Zag shouldn't be a finisher at all. Big E's move involves slamming your opponent down onto your own body which makes no sense. And the worst one of all, AJ's, needs your opponent to do all the work, catching her and flipping her over into position. And even after that all you would need to do is fall backwards to break the hold.

Rapstah

Damn did they put that shit in 2K14? I played some NBA 2K14 on PS4 and thought it was a really good game that was ruined by the whole coins thing. When I have to figure out an efficient way to grind those things in a full retail title something is wrong.

The one thing people were thinking 2K was going to put in that game was ads. There were screenshots shown where replays and arenas in 2k14 were supposed to have ads, like for real. Then the game came out and it didn't have any of it. It's not even like I think there was great outrage about it because WWE 2k14 threads on this forum tend to get like three posts in.

I saw this topic of discussion on reddit a while ago, might be fun to do here.

whose finisher sucks, and what would you replace it with?

I'll get us started I guess

Miz - Skull Crushing Finale - looks like ass, stupid stupid stupid move. can't replace it with the Figure Four because Miz doesn't know how to do the wrestling move I could execute perfectly 100% of the time before I was 5 years old. give him his release from WWE, I don't want him to have another finisher.

Paige - Paige Turner - yeah she's got the Scorpion Cross Lock but she won't be able to do that on half the Divas, and probably not allowed to do it on RAW in case 'the boys' look bad, and she needs an 'impact' finisher I guess. go back to using her Cradle DDT or Fisherman's Buster, both far better moves.

Bray Wyatt - Sister Abigail - this might be controversial but I think this move sucks. Plus it's R-Truth's finisher. and Kanyons. and a million shitty indie wrestlers. He should have used the weird Facebuster he does where he picks em up like a baby and swings them onto his knee, because it's awesome, original, and has way more impact

Wade Barret - Bullhammer Elbow - doesn't need changed, just do it short arm, or ROOOOOOAAARRING ELBOW style.

The Big Show - Crappy Punch - not even addressing why this sucks so much. just follow the blueprint and use a chokeslam, idiot.

Dean Ambrose - Headlock Driver - this really sucks. looks awful, even if the guy is selling it is RVD. change the rules and let the dude rock a Piledriver! maybe a Cradle Piledriver to keep it unique. if he ever gets a top heel push the Piledriver as been built as this crazy, illegal, career ending move, and he would look legit crazy badass using it.

Seth Rollins - Peace of Mind (URGH) / Kerbstomp - yeah this sucks, sorry. I hate 'bend over in the middle of the ring while I run off the ropes' moves in the middle of the match so seriously fuck them as a finisher. when he does this move it looks like he's doing everything in his power not to actually kerbstomp the guy. stick with the Asai DDT, maybe keep it rope assisted like Brian Kendrick so it can be done on anyone, or use the top rope Knee strike.

John Cena - AA - just make it a Death Valley Drive dude.

Sheamus - Brogue Kick - what a lame, lame move. the bicycle/pump kick has been a boring big midcard guy signature move for too long. the Forward Roll Slam, White Noise, Texas Cloverleaf and Crucifix Powerbomb are way better
no mention of CM punk's crappy ass gts?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not interested in Jarret's promotion, but I am interested in the reality show around it. Who's with me?

mouserat

Neo Member
Team Ziggler all have terrible finishing moves. The Zig Zag shouldn't be a finisher at all. Big E's move involves slamming your opponent down onto your own body which makes no sense. And the worst one of all, AJ's, needs your opponent to do all the work, catching her and flipping her over into position. And even after that all you would need to do is fall backwards to break the hold.

with you on Ziggler and Big E, although AJ has used the Black Widow without the headscissors setup on a few of the less competent Divas, I think it's a pretty cool move.

Zig Zag is horrible though, and the Big Ending is probably the worst, can't believe I forgot it. I'd give Ziggler his Superkick back because he's really good at it. and for Big E I'm going wristclutch EXPLODAAAAAAH because it's probably my favourite wrestling move and he's got the strength and low centre of gravity to do it on almost anyone, and it will make him look really strong.

also, I can't believe I forgot Blurtis Blaxel. his Hangman's Facebuster SUCKS - JUST DO A FUCKING PERFECTPLEX!
no mention of CM punk's crappy ass gts?

he's dead to me

Isn't the Zig Zag just a neck breaker? Big E's finisher sucks so bad. I don't understand how his opponent is supposed to be hurt at all. No clue what finisher to even give him. Something where the other person doesn't end up injured. I like AJ's finisher though, but yeah, you're right.

with you on Ziggler and Big E, although AJ has used the Black Widow without the headscissors setup on a few of the less competent Divas, I think it's a pretty cool move.

Zig Zag is horrible though, and the Big Ending is probably the worst, can't believe I forgot it. I'd give Ziggler his Superkick back because he's really good at it. and for Big E I'm going PUMPHANDLE EXPLODAAAAAAH because it's probably my favourite wrestling move and he's got the strength and low centre of gravity to do it on almost anyone, and it will make him look really strong.

also, I can't believe I forgot Blurtis Blaxel. his Hangman's Facebuster SUCKS - JUST DO A FUCKING PERFECTPLEX!

He does the Perfectplex a lot actually, but people always kick out.

geomon

Seeing the Slim Show in 2008 was one hell of a swerve, don't remember anything particularly noteworthy about his run that year otherwise.
He had that random feud with Taker where he was afraid of caskets and that's all I can recall.

You'd be afraid of caskets too if this happened to you.

iIHZaIa4kegVp.gif

mouserat

Neo Member
R-Truth's finisher sucks too, he does it in a way that is basically just giving the Rock Bottom to himself. that Suplex Stunner he does sometimes as a random move is rad though

Best celebrity match ever.

Easily. Mayweather did WAY more than I thought he would. Dude brought his A Game to that damn thing. So freaking good. Best build for a match in a long time too, with the boxing people saying "Floyd you're retarded, if you lose or he breaks your hands your career is over"

Isn't Jarrett's new promotion meant to be part reality show, or something? Perhaps it's a work...gawd, could you imagine Ian Rotten as a reality TV star?

Bronson would be ecstatic.

I will fly overseas for the sole purpose of tackling you :p

geomon

R-Truth's finisher sucks too, he does it in a way that is basically just giving the Rock Bottom to himself. that Suplex Stunner he does sometimes as a random move is rad though

It's better than that spinning forearm whatever the fuck that was. Didn't help that the announcers never sold it as a legit finisher.

kiguel182

If the negotiations fall apart is not going to be a 2 dollar increase that's going to help them.

Increasing the price would be a dumb move on their part.

mouserat

Neo Member
this discussion has reminded me of how crazy autistic I was about wrestling moves as a kid. when I was in high school I had a list of moves I could do, inspired by the man of 1,004 holds.

strobogo

Banned
Oh my god, my cousin and his wife are legitimately two of the worst people I've ever known in my life.

A little back story. The cousin has two brothers who have worked hard and never been in trouble. This one has been in constant trouble his entire life and always blames it on other people. Multiple felonies and drug charges. For me personally, he stole a lap top out of my room during a holiday and then blamed one of my other cousins. He then tried to steal our grandma's medicine.

So skip ahead a little, he starts dating this similarly shitty woman who also has felonies for writing her own prescriptions who wrapped duct tape around her dad's headstone because she didn't like her brother.

She gets pregnant and chain smokes the entire term, and as soon as the baby is born, she tries to go on disability because they spend all their time gaming the system. He works for cash, both are on every kind of welfare you can get. They live in a one room place with 3 pets and the baby and they both smoke INSIDE everyday. She had a hearing for disability and was determined she wasn't fit to defend herself, so she would need to hire a lawyer.

Instead, she found out about a system where doctors do house visits to determine if people are invalids. SHE'S PRETENDING TO BE AN INVALID SO SHE CAN GET DISABILITY. And he and the baby went away for the visit so no tricky questions would be asked. Again, SHE'S PRETENDING TO BE AN INVALID TO GET DISABILITY. And he's going along with it with no problem. WHAT THE FUUUUUUUCK.

StroMomo legitimately can't work even before the cancer, and she's been denied 4 times. This dumb cunt is PRETENDING TO BE AN INVALID because she doesn't want to get a job. Holy fuck. I honestly can't believe I know people this shitty.

Roman Reigns added his little move where opponent is face down in between ropes and he kicks them. It's like one of his 2 moves. Any move that has your opponent set up like that is just stupid.

geomon

Oh my god, my cousin and his wife are legitimately two of the worst people I've ever known in my life.

A little back story. The cousin has two brothers who have worked hard and never been in trouble. This one has been in constant trouble his entire life and always blames it on other people. Multiple felonies and drug charges. For me personally, he stole a lap top out of my room during a holiday and then blamed one of my other cousins. He then tried to steal our grandma's medicine.

So skip ahead a little, he starts dating this similarly shitty woman who also has felonies for writing her own prescriptions who wrapped duct tape around her dad's headstone because she didn't like her brother.

She gets pregnant and chain smokes the entire term, and as soon as the baby is born, she tries to go on disability because they spend all their time gaming the system. He works for cash, both are on every kind of welfare you can get. They live in a one room place with 3 pets and the baby and they both smoke INSIDE everyday. She had a hearing for disability and was determined she wasn't fit to defend herself, so she would need to hire a lawyer.

Instead, she found out about a system where doctors do house visits to determine if people are invalids. SHE'S PRETENDING TO BE AN INVALID SO SHE CAN GET DISABILITY. And he and the baby went away for the visit so no tricky questions would be asked. Again, SHE'S PRETENDING TO BE AN INVALID TO GET DISABILITY. And he's going along with it with no problem. WHAT THE FUUUUUUUCK.

StroMomo legitimately can't work even before the cancer, and she's been denied 4 times. This dumb cunt is PRETENDING TO BE AN INVALID because she doesn't want to get a job. Holy fuck. I honestly can't believe I know people this shitty.

I would turn their asses in.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Goddamn. You can't pick family...for real. What a shitstain.

You can't have a conversation about dumb finishers without mentioning the 619.

and if we're talking about worst finishers, I always gotta shit on Rey Mysterio's 619, that requires people to land in the middle two ropes(something that only ever happens in Rey Mysterio matches somehow) and just kinda relax there awkwardly for about a hour. The most contrived thing in the world.

I'm ahead of the game!

Top Bottom