• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

Rapstah

Watched the Gauntlet for the Gold from AIW's latest show, pretty fun match, no real surprises other than the return of Jimmy Olson (Colin Delaney's old tag partner and Equinox from CHIKARA). The Overbomb always amazes me, looks like it shouldn't be possible without him breaking his neck;

Jimmy_Olson.gif

CZWDiscusDoubleSuplex.gif

Watched the Gauntlet for the Gold from AIW's latest show, pretty fun match, no real surprises other than the return of Jimmy Olson (Colin Delaney's old tag partner and Equinox from CHIKARA). The Overbomb always amazes me, looks like it shouldn't be possible without him breaking his neck;

Jimmy_Olson.gif

i keep watching the first part of this over and over because i can't figure out what the fuck he's doing. at first i thought the other guy countered it with some shit but then Olson sprang up.

r/squaredcircle is the WORST wrestling forum I have ever seen.

In the Jim Ross thread on how he thinks about modern heels, here are some actual responses being upvoted:

These guys are trashing Jim Ross.

These dudes are talking about wanting complicated storylines and stupid shit. From PRO WRESTLING. They shit on JR's wisdom, argue that people don't want good vs bad anymore while ignoring that the Daniel Bryan vs Authority storyline IS good vs bad and insanely over with the crowd, and more.

I fucking hate smarks who think they know the biz more than legends like JR.
I feel like people say that you don't pay to watch bad guys get their due is because it's conditioned by shit booking of heels. That's kind of getting better, but i remember the last time i said that (it was last summer)

Also we were shitting on JR weeks ago, albeit for different reasons

In the Jim Ross thread on how he thinks about modern heels, here are some actual responses being upvoted:

These dudes are talking about wanting complicated storylines and stupid shit. From PRO WRESTLING. They shit on JR's wisdom, argue that people don't want good vs bad anymore while ignoring that the Daniel Bryan vs Authority storyline IS good vs bad and insanely over with the crowd, and more.

Dude bro this place just spent weeks shitting on jr.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Do 8 ridiculous spots in a row. Get 5 people to clap
Do one DDT to the concrete and the whole audience goes into Undertaker legit shook levels
526x297-Ko0.jpg

wrestling move inflation is a very serious problem.

Oh and someone was asking other moments where people were as legit shook as Undertaker losing
larryzbrunoqckig.gif

Does anyone know why Alicia Fox doesn't get a run in the women's main event? I think she might be the best female wrestler in the WWE right now. Charismatic, athletic, shows some technical ability, and doesn't botch. She's improved a ton.
Yeah I mentioned her learning how to wrassle last night, quite a turn around.
I remember a month ago I tried to tell you guys that Alicia Fox had gotten considerably better and I got buried. I will accept apologies hand-written by mail.

I've been on Team Foxy for ages. :(

Do 8 ridiculous spots in a row. Get 5 people to clap
Do one DDT to the concrete and the whole audience goes into Undertaker legit shook levels
526x297-Ko0.jpg

wrestling move inflation is a very serious problem.

Oh and someone was asking other moments where people were as legit shook as Undertaker losing
larryzbrunoqckig.gif

Agreed and lol indy spot fests.

Anth0ny

Who's dissing the feud? I'm dissing that Bret can't cut a promo. He can't. Stone Cold and Bret's character(the whiny traditionalist) is what carried that feud out of the ring. Then Bret did the work in the ring. It wasn't because of Bret's promo skills.

No one remembers what Bret said in that feud. Everyone remembers 'Pink and black, what kind of crap is that?'

EVERY ONE IN THAT GOD DAMN DRESSING ROOM IS TURNING A BLIND EYE

AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, TOUGH SHIT

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I will fully admit that I think most of WCW is garbage. Hell, but I also think that the majority of Attitude Era was garbage and completely unwatachable.

I apparently like the 'bad' era of pro wrestling. WCW 90-94 and WWF 94-the first half of 97

People have some serious Stockholm syndrome when it comes to WCW. Awful promotion for large parts of the 90's. Should've kept Bill Watts in charge.
now the question is, would Erik Watts have been world champion if that happened
I will fully admit that I think most of WCW is garbage. Hell, but I also think that the majority of Attitude Era was garbage and completely unwatachable.

I apparently like the 'bad' era of pro wrestling. WCW 90-94 and WWF 94-the first half of 97

huh, i didn't know there was a second fan of New Generation in here

Toki767

I apparently like the 'bad' era of pro wrestling. WCW 90-94 and WWF 94-97

Those were the eras where things actually made sense and you could follow storylines. I miss those days.

kirblar

I wish they'd offer a one-shot $60 fee for the network as an option. Would sign up for it then. Just don't like repetitive charges.

Rapstah

The inspirational stock footage they use for the Bo Dallas vignettes is brilliant. Respect plus ten for their video people, yet again.

Toki767

I wish they'd offer a one-shot $60 fee for the network as an option. Would sign up for it then. Just don't like repetitive charges.

If you buy a gift subscription to the Network, it's like $120 but it's for a year I think. That might be how I stack up on years before they increase the monthly price.

dream

wow, those idiots are essentially asking for Vince's "shades of grey" thing from like 1997,

DMczaf

I hate this trend of putting a RT% in the thread title of movie threads. I especially hate it when they do it after 3 reviews. The Raid 2 95% RT!!!! Oh wait, it's actually 79%, but we won't bother fixing it because this movie should be a 95% we mean!

I hate this trend of putting a RT% in the thread title of movie threads. I especially hate it when they do it after 3 reviews. The Raid 2 95% RT!!!! Oh wait, it's actually 79%, but we won't bother fixing it because this movie should be a 95% we mean!
yeah. I hate people bringing up RT percentages as an actual argument even more. it might be the worst thing to happen to film criticism!

But The Raid 2 should be a 95% percent anyway so

DMczaf

yeah. I hate people bringing up RT percentages as an actual argument even more. it might be the worst thing to happen to film criticism!

But The Raid 2 should be a 95% percent anyway so

I'll probably wait for Netflix. The gifs I've seen reminded me of indie wrestling and turned me off. :/

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
My big problem with Atittude Era is just that it was Russo writing 101. It was ok make a shit ton of exaggerated characters and throw them all out there. Fuck storylines, fuck slow builds, fuck all that shit. I just want mass chaos, and we'll put a spotlight on Stone Cold and Rock. The end.

WCW's 'prime(ie nwo and goldberg and shit) problem was that the characters just sucked. Instead of being exaggerated(minus like Disco Inferno, Scott Steiner, and Hollywood to a degree etc) they were just fucking boring dudes. THEY MADE THE MACHO MAN BORING FOR FUCKS SAKE. And I don't remember ANY of the storylines because they never developed them. The only storylines I remember are the truly awful ones like WE POISONED RIC FLAIR.

It's kind of like Attitude Era progressed wrestling into a more mainstream thing like Golden Era did, but it long term hurt wrestling fans. To me, fuck Territories, Attitude Era was the one that made all wrestling fans look like fucking hillbillies who beat their wives. And WCW just did nothing. WCW did nothing for nobody's career. It just existed and coasted off names the entire time.

WWF New Generation into early early pre-Attitude had new faces you could get behind. Guys who you could say, 'This Razor Ramon dude is badass. I've never seen anything like him in wrestling. He's actually cool instead of like a super hero.' and early WCW had stuff like 'oh Rick Rude's a fucking badass, he's not just a dancing guy. Vader's this international monster who can beat anyone(guarantee you anyone who knows Vader knows him from WCW or Japan. Not from WWF), Sting's this super charismatic guy who's like if Ultimate Warrior knew how to work, Ric Flair, Steamboat, Savage, all these great workers.'

The only good character to come out of proper Attitude Era was Mr. McMahon. Stone Cold was before Attitude Era.

njean777

Really excited that Evolution is back, it will be interesting how they handle the shield. Weird that they are pushing Kane so fast to go after Bryan. Wish they would have built up the mask more as even though it is stupid, it does mean something to many fans.

njean777

My big problem with Atittude Era is just that it was Russo writing 101. It was ok make a shit ton of exaggerated characters and throw them all out there. Fuck storylines, fuck slow builds, fuck all that shit. I just want mass chaos, and we'll put a spotlight on Stone Cold and Rock. The end.

WCW's 'prime(ie nwo and goldberg and shit) problem was that the characters just sucked. Instead of being exaggerated(minus like Disco Inferno, Scott Steiner, and Hollywood to a degree etc) they were just fucking boring dudes. THEY MADE THE MACHO MAN BORING FOR FUCKS SAKE. And I don't remember ANY of the storylines because they never developed them. The only storylines I remember are the truly awful ones like WE POISONED RIC FLAIR.

It's kind of like Attitude Era progressed wrestling into a more mainstream thing like Golden Era did, but it long term hurt wrestling fans. To me, fuck Territories, Attitude Era was the one that made all wrestling fans look like fucking hillbillies who beat their wives. And WCW just did nothing. WCW did nothing for nobody's career. It just existed and coasted off names the entire time.

WWF New Generation into early early pre-Attitude had new faces you could get behind. Guys who you could say, 'This Razor Ramon dude is badass. I've never seen anything like him in wrestling. He's actually cool instead of like a super hero.' and early WCW had stuff like 'oh Rick Rude's a fucking badass, he's not just a dancing guy. Vader's this international monster who can beat anyone(guarantee you anyone who knows Vader knows him from WCW or Japan. Not from WWF), Sting's this super charismatic guy who's like if Ultimate Warrior knew how to work, Ric Flair, Steamboat, Savage, all these great workers.'

The only good character to come out of proper Attitude Era was Mr. McMahon. Stone Cold was before Attitude Era.

The Rock? Whether you like him or hate him he is a legend and always will be. Also Triple H? Two very big names you forgot about.

zychi

Banned
Biker taker was so terrible. Limp bizkit theme, shitty redhead hair, shitty fake mma gloves.

So bad

Kane was so badass tho

Top Bottom