• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Avatar bet is over? Bootaaay confirm? Anyone else on Team #NO confirm? I gotta have my muscles.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
He's dead in the sense that our lord Bork ripped out his soul and ate it, Shao Khan style.
I watched a tape of SummerSlam '89 when I was younger, and only remember to this day Ultimate Warrior vs Rick Rude, because there was a moment where Warrior pulled Rude's tights and exposed his backside.

Which led to my next thought, my fave five intercontinental champions:

1) Jericho
2) Razor Ramon
3) HBK
4) Macho Man
5) Ultimate Warrior

1. Rick Rude
2. Razor Ramon
3. 'Legend Killer' Randy Orton
4. 'Grotesque' Cody Rhodes
5. Owen Hart

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Undertaker died when he started texting "lol" to CM Punk years ago.

My sources tell me the next WWE DVD is Def Comedy Cena, featuring the best comedy segments of Cena's 11 year career.

9e9.gif

strobogo

Banned
Preach, friends.

Giving Daniel Bryan credit for 3 hours of television he didn't appear on? That ranks right up there with saying he could ponytail his beard, comb his hair and look presentable.

This is a No Spin Zone. When it comes to ratings without actually appearing, give credit where credit is due: The looming threat of Sting.

Well in the Nitro times, if Hogan wasn't on the show and ratings were good, he's take credit for fans wanting to see him. And if he wasn't on the show and ratings weren't good, it was because fans were mad he wasn't on. And if he was on the show and ratings were good, it was because of him. And if he was on the show and ratings weren't good, it was because of all the small guys making people tune out. D-Brine needs to take the Hogan approach.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think Vince should have to keep the Bryan avatar for an extra amount of time for placing his faith in pancake tits Batista

FIRST OFF that is wrong.

I don't deserve this.

SECOND OFF it was Triple H with the pancake tittays. Not Bateaster.

I can't believe you guys wouldn't take pity on me. After all I try to do for this community. :(

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Unfortunately, I agreed with that monster Professor Beef that the bet would be for a month, so I'm stuck with this...thing for a few more weeks.

I didn't bet Beefers. I bet the...I'll figure it out. Let me sleuth.

Sephzilla

Preach, friends.

Giving Daniel Bryan credit for 3 hours of television he didn't appear on? That ranks right up there with saying he could ponytail his beard, comb his hair and look presentable.

This is a No Spin Zone. When it comes to ratings without actually appearing, give credit where credit is due: The looming threat of Sting.

Real logic time!

Raw after WrestleMania was excellently booked and people want to see where this continues. Bryan coming back next week will obviously help since he's kind of the big thing right now.

Nobody gives a flying fuck if Sting shows up though. In the eyes of the non-IWC WWE fans Sting is either a complete unknown or that guy from WCW who hasn't been relevant in forever.

Real logic time!

Raw after WrestleMania was excellently booked and people want to see where this continues. Bryan coming back next week will obviously help since he's kind of the big thing right now.

Nobody gives a flying fuck if Sting shows up though. In the eyes of the non-IWC WWE fans Sting is either a complete unknown or that guy from WCW who hasn't been relevant in forever.
And in the iwc he's a fucking geezer that no one should want around.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh shoot, I'm free!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=103119935&postcount=5274

I tell you, Triple H is doing god's work putting over Bryan. I can't think of many other recent main event talents allowed to look how he looks. He pretty much looks completely incompatible with any kind of media tour. Whether that's the plan or what, who knows.

And I'm up for another avatar bet with the masses.

Will HHH put Bryan over at Mania?

a big YES or NO on your avatar to vote, loser has to wear an av of the person who ruined it (HHH or Bryan) for a week after Mania!

Anyone feel like doing this? I'll lead off on this communal bet. NO! NO! NO! Triple H isn't going to give Bryan that SPOTLIGHT.

Xater

Oh shoot, I'm free!

I tell you, Triple H is doing god's work putting over Bryan. I can't think of many other recent main event talents allowed to look how he looks. He pretty much looks completely incompatible with any kind of media tour. Whether that's the plan or what, who knows.

a big YES or NO on your avatar to vote, loser has to wear an av of the person who ruined it (HHH or Bryan) for a week after Mania!

Anyone feel like doing this? I'll lead off on this communal bet. NO! NO! NO! Triple H isn't going to give Bryan that SPOTLIGHT.

Don't you mean Extreme Rules? Mania is already over.

Sblargh

Banned
Oh shoot, I'm free!

You tossed that stip out when you changed the rules from "going over HHH" to "Bryan winning the belt". I say a month.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
2003-2004 Orton is the only good Orton
tumblr_mroo0thKsL1s5g0jgo6_250.gif

tumblr_mrwam46b7v1sbv1czo8_250.gif

Then he got jacked up and boring. He needs to go back to being a dick irl, I guess.

DMczaf

I wish there was a whole documentary/film on the booking leading up to the Streak ending. I want something in the vein of Zero Dark Thirty.

gurudyne

What's "WRESTLEMANIA 30 FALLOUT 1" on the Network?

The Network's airing wrestlers doing LPs of old PC games. Time for Xavier Woods and AJ to put up or shut up.

Also now imagining a reskinned Fallout 1 with wrestler textures. Trips is the Master, Orton and Batista have fused into a boring two-headed super mutant commander of the military base, Junktown's ruled over by the Shield who war with crime boss Kane, and the thirty man Andre the Giant rumble participants are all random encounters. Except Cesaro. He goes on to become Frank Horrigan in Wrestlemania 30 FALLOUT 2.

Cole nearly ruined Bryan's moment at WM with his dumb ass calls trying to find one that'd be used for promo packages in the future.

MIRACLE ON BOURBON STREET!

Did he actually say this at the time? I don't remember seeing it on the show itself.

Xater

Could you fucking imagine if Taker really just died? There would be a year of tribute shows.

I don't even want to think about that. Taker just always was one of my favorites. Should Taker retire soon though I would love WWE to create a DVD /Blu-ray with his best matches and a documentary. That Is really something I would like to own.

Ithil

Real logic time!

Ratings are more determined by how the previous week was, and what is advertised for that week. The show itself doesn't affect it much beyond how large the hour to hour drop is.

I wish there was a whole documentary/film on the booking leading up to the Streak ending. I want something in the vein of Zero Dark Thirty.

Hell, give us a whole film about the chaos going on in creative from Royal Rumble to Wrestlemania. I want to see how hard, long and painful it was for them to come to the conclusion to put the strap on Bryan.

Heel

I said this is a no spin zone, brehs. Time to stop acting like you won't mark out when Stinger comes down on a zip line and hits Daniel Bryan with a baseball bat. You know damn well that will spike a 5 share.

Xater

I said this is a no spin zone, brehs. Time to stop acting like you won't mark out when Stinger comes down on a zip line and hits Daniel Bryan with a baseball bat. You know damn well that will spike a 5 share.

As someone who basically has almost no exposure of WCW I won't mark out. Most I have seen of Sting is probably from TNA.

Sblargh

Banned
Hell, give us a whole film about the chaos going on in creative from Royal Rumble to Wrestlemania.

I'm so dying to see something like this. Probably too backstage even in this non-keyfabe era, but still, damn. I hope a writer gets fired for bullshit reasons so he get angry and tell us all about it.
I don't even care that I am wishing for a hard working person to lose his job.

DMczaf

I'm so dying to see something like this. Probably too backstage even in this non-keyfabe era, but still, damn. I hope a writer gets fired for bullshit reasons so he get angry and tell us all about it.
I don't even care that I am wishing for a hard working person to lose his job.

It all ends with Vince on the witness stand screaming "YOURE GOD DAMN RIGHT I BOOKED DANIEL BRYAN VS SHEAMUS"

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You are dissing one of the greatest feuds of all time.

Who's dissing the feud? I'm dissing that Bret can't cut a promo. He can't. Stone Cold and Bret's character(the whiny traditionalist) is what carried that feud out of the ring. Then Bret did the work in the ring. It wasn't because of Bret's promo skills.

No one remembers what Bret said in that feud. Everyone remembers 'Pink and black, what kind of crap is that?'

That's because Bret's Real life personality is being a Giant Baby. It was all shoot

“If you put an ‘S’ in front of Hitman, you have my exact opinion of Bret Hart.

Watched the Gauntlet for the Gold from AIW's latest show, pretty fun match, no real surprises other than the return of Jimmy Olson (Colin Delaney's old tag partner and Equinox from CHIKARA). The Overbomb always amazes me, looks like it shouldn't be possible without him breaking his neck;

Jimmy_Olson.gif

Top Bottom