• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

Toki767

Evolution either needs Flair back, or they need a young heel in the group so that HHH takes the Flair spot. Just 3 of them seems pretty lackluster. Especially when you can tell the only reason they reformed was to face the Shield for probably one or two PPVs special events.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'd say guys like Rey, Eddie, Benoit all made themselves into stars in the Ruthless Aggression era.

Hell, I'd say Triple H was a star made by the Ruthless Aggression era, for better or worse. He had the whole McMahon thing and 'A McMahon In Every Corner,' but he always felt like an extension of HBK then an extension of Vince. It wasn't until his 'reign of terror' that I would truly put Triple H as becoming a star. He just always felt like a third wheel up to that.

I just don't like The Rock, but we've been over this.

njean777

Evolution either needs Flair back, or they need a young heel in the group so that HHH takes the Flair spot. Just 3 of them seems pretty lackluster. Especially when you can tell the only reason they reformed was to face the Shield for probably on or two PPVs special events.

Who could they throw in?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Heel Biker Taker > Anything Undertaker has ever done. Ever.

Beat the shit out of David Flair, dragged Hulk Hogan around on a motorcycle, beat up Tommy Dreamer, etc.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty stoked I can go back to a real avatar. Gotta pick right.

strobogo

Banned
Evolution either needs Flair back, or they need a young heel in the group so that HHH takes the Flair spot. Just 3 of them seems pretty lackluster. Especially when you can tell the only reason they reformed was to face the Shield for probably one or two PPVs special events.

HHH is still in the HHH role and he should be because he's still better than Orton and Batista. He's still the best talker, still the best worker, still the best heel. In fact, he's more betterer than them now than he was the first time around.

To you toolboxes that split your time between here and ComicsGaf (White comics, not Manga),

Do you pirate your comic books like you did wrestling PPV's or do you pay for that stuff?

Got damn can JR elevate a moment, the current announce team would probably be sitting their silent or talk in the most bored voice imaginable after Rock stunned Stone Cold

charsace

When does Scott Dawson return from his injury. I need an Arn Anderson expy in my WWE.

I would love that. Arn is one of the best ever.

WCW before Hogan was some of the best wrestling ever. A diverse roster from all around the world and you had a lot of guys that came off as legit threats. The WWE lacks diversity and character. Its sad that they don't have Japanese wrestlers like Muta or mid carders like Pillman, Stunning Steve, Rude, etc. who can look credible against main eventers.

Territory style of booking would be better for the WWE right now instead of Hogan booking. The WWE brand itself is a draw so I think having more guys that people can get attached to on the roster would be a good thing. They would also be adding more storylines in the process and they do need more than a few ME storylines. Every belt should have a storyline that gets some time. And they need a bridge with Japan. Doesn't matter if they have to put mask on them they need some Japanese wrestlers and they need to treat them like serious threats. Another problem with the WWE is that they go too far with the comedy. they go to the point where it makes the talent look bad. The WWE shouldn't have to book every top guy for every show. If they build the roster up well then resting guys could be another payoff. They don't necessarily need every title belt holder to be on every damn card. Storylines can be built up around the guys chasing the title.

Basically the WWE could be better if more care is taken with the product.

DMczaf

It's better than indie wrestling. It might be better than normal wrestling!

But hey let me know how Transcendence is!

Uj47yyA.gif

If you would have told me this was a Boootaaay gif, I would believe you!

strobogo

Banned
I would love that. Arn is one of the best ever.

WCW before Hogan was some of the best wrestling ever. A diverse roster from all around the world and you had a lot of guys that came off as legit threats. The WWE lacks diversity and character. Its sad that they don't have Japanese wrestlers like Muta or mid carders like Pillman, Stunning Steve, Rude, etc. who can look credible against main eventers.

Territory style of booking would be better for the WWE right now instead of Hogan booking. The WWE brand itself is a draw so I think having more guys that people can get attached to on the roster would be a good thing. They would also be adding more storylines in the process and they do need more than a few ME storylines. Every belt should have a storyline that gets some time. And they need a bridge with Japan. Doesn't matter if they have to put mask on them they need some Japanese wrestlers and they need to treat them like serious threats. Another problem with the WWE is that they go too far with the comedy. they go to the point where it makes the talent look bad. The WWE shouldn't have to book every top guy for every show. If they build the roster up well then resting guys could be another payoff. They don't necessarily need every title belt holder to be on every damn card. Storylines can be built up around the guys chasing the title.

Basically the WWE could be better if more care is taken with the product.

WCW right before Hogan came in had a pretty shitty roster. 1991-1992 was fucking DOPE. 1993 had guys like the Equalizer, Charlie Norris, Erik Watts, Ice Train, the Godwinns as Texans, the Kongs, and so on.

Sblargh

Banned
HHH is still in the HHH role and he should be because he's still better than Orton and Batista. He's still the best talker, still the best worker, still the best heel. In fact, he's more betterer than them now than he was the first time around.

Reality HHH learned how to tiger suplex
Reality Batista forgot how to breathe

I hate this trend of putting a RT% in the thread title of movie threads. I especially hate it when they do it after 3 reviews. The Raid 2 95% RT!!!! Oh wait, it's actually 79%, but we won't bother fixing it because this movie should be a 95% we mean!

Like you weren't one of the biggest Nolan fanboys in the TDKR threads watching that RT rise and fall, living vicariously through other people's opinions on a movie that wasn't that good

Judging movies by gifs is the stupidest thing. So tired of seeing DKR gifs in movie threads.

Raid 1 was dope. Raid 2 looks to continue the dopeness.

oh no he hit the guy 5 times with a bat. .moive sucks!!!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
And that's another thing, since we're on my weekly indie rant. Chain wrestling! SO FUCKING STUPID! Fucking destroys your suspension of disbelief. And the fact that people like Alex Shelley and Quackenbush think it's a fucking skill.

Congratulations, you can hold a guys arm while you go from one move with no impact to another move with no impact to a weak looking submission hold. And for some reason, the entire time you're doing this, the other guy isn't kicking the shit out of you or punching you with his free hand. I blame Euros like Bootaaay and Bean Breath for this blight on wrestling.

DMczaf

Like you weren't one of the biggest Nolan fanboys in the TDKR threads watching that RT rise and fall, living vicariously through other people's opinions on a movie that wasn't that good

But I wasn't. I haven't posted about RT% in like 5 years! Actually, 4 years. I think Inception was the last time I actually used RT.

Break out the hand grenades.....bunch of other stuff...... Woah oh oha waoh oh oha oh woah worldgoes wild

#bringbaxkworldgoeswild
#abovenevy
#ifuxkedupbigtimeandneedmoney

r/squaredcircle is the WORST wrestling forum I have ever seen.

In the Jim Ross thread on how he thinks about modern heels, here are some actual responses being upvoted:

These guys are trashing Jim Ross.

These dudes are talking about wanting complicated storylines and stupid shit. From PRO WRESTLING. They shit on JR's wisdom, argue that people don't want good vs bad anymore while ignoring that the Daniel Bryan vs Authority storyline IS good vs bad and insanely over with the crowd, and more.

I fucking hate smarks who think they know the biz more than legends like JR.

They're totally right, too. Fuck Jim Ross. He's just a bitter old dude on the outside of a business that has passed him by.

Who could they throw in?

Someone already said Cody, but if not him, they need to find a heel that needs the rub of being up there with 'Tista, Orton and Mr. Hs, someone who you could viably see as a future of the company. You could "splinter" The Shield and have it be Reigns ... but then what purpose does Evolution have to be around right now if not to fight The Shield? So we can't go that route.

There's really no good answer. There's guys who kind of fit (both halves of Rybaxel, Sandow, etc.) but it's not a big enough of an addition to make people care. No one's going to give a fuck about Curtis Axel joining.

Also, I love Triple H's new Wikipedia picture: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triple_H

DMczaf

They got all their spots in and still got destroyed. If anything, it's the anti-indie wrestling!

Now how long was Bruce Wayne selling that broken back

Longer than pro wrestlers sell injuries during their time off! And Bruce came back fresh and better than ever. See Vince, time off IS a benefit! Give Cena a month off and he would come back stronger and funnier than ever!

Of all people to make this post. OF ALL PEOPLE.
Show me proof or or keep your boca shut, perro.
I pay for them because I'm not a scumbag

There's a real double standard here. MangaGaf (I don't think I'm saying anything everyone on this forum doesn't already know) doesn't pay for manga. I mean, they're probably not so out in the open about it, I don't know I don't hang out there, but they don't spend a dime on manga. They'll rationalize that it's not available in their country so they're not hurting anyone yada, yada.

White ComicsGAF are super militant about not pirating, at least on the surface. I was just wondering if it was B.S.

Zach

WCW right before Hogan came in had a pretty shitty roster. 1991-1992 was fucking DOPE. 1993 had guys like the Equalizer, Charlie Norris, Erik Watts, Ice Train, the Godwinns as Texans, the Kongs, and so on.

Getting me all excited! Just gotta get through stupid 1990... >_>

Show me proof or or keep your boca shut, perro.

There's a real double standard here. MangaGaf (I don't think I'm saying anything everyone on this forum doesn't already know) doesn't pay for manga. I mean, they're probably not so out in the open about it, I don't know I don't hang out there, but they don't spend a dime on manga. They'll rationalize that it's not available in their country so they're not hurting anyone yada, yada.

White ComicsGAF are super militant about not pirating, at least on the surface. I was just wondering if it was B.S.
Maybe the availability is part of it. Western Comics are available through many means, even if you don't have a local comic book store. Lots of readers are traditionalists and prefer print, and digital readers tend to just use services like Comixology. Many like supporting their local store. Some are even aware that comics don't pay!

Idk about MangaGAF though, I don't really read manga

Top Bottom