• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

Aiii

So not worth it
Is AJ actually injured, or is this a Punk "injured"?
Out with a wrecked pussy

Because that's not sexist at all.

She might be injured, she might have asked for some time off after working every show and match for six months (Bryan Alvarez says it's time off on the F4W boards). On the other hand, the leaked Raw script said AJ vs. Paige was supposed to be at Extreme Rules, so might be a little of both.

Extreme Rules is in New Jersey, which I'll assume AJ likes working because it's her home state.

Brock just arrives whenever someone needs hurting. He Highlander'd the Undertaker's powers at Mania and can now teleport, summon lightning, mist, etc, plus, the monks do his bidding. The Beast Incarnate's New Ministry, led by The Unholy Advocate Paul Heyman!

man, the Network video player sucks. it sucks for skipping to times. and sometimes, the pause doesn't work.

that said, this Summerslam 2002 card is pretty frickin stacked with Rey/Angle, Eddie/Edge, Jericho/Flair, BookDust/Canadians, Shawn/HHH, Rock/Brock, and... uh, Undertaker/Test.
Because that's not sexist at all.

She might be injured, she might have asked for some time off after working every show and match for six months (Bryan Alvarez says it's time off on the F4W boards). On the other hand, the leaked Raw script said AJ vs. Paige was supposed to be at Extreme Rules, so might be a little of both.

Extreme Rules is in New Jersey, which I'll assume AJ likes working because it's her home state.
Of all people to call out sexism!

Brock just arrives whenever someone needs hurting. He Highlander'd the Undertaker's powers at Mania and can now teleport, summon lightning, mist, etc, plus, the monks do his bidding. The Beast Incarnate's New Ministry, led by The Unholy Advocate Paul Heyman!

I'm okay with this.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The next real American is Kane
tumblr_mz1su5lx4K1rg89a6o1_500.jpg

Hasney

Thought AJ was joining the wrecked vagina club with Punk to cry about his spot is all. Get her WM payday and then chill out with her unemployed hobo.

AJ injured. WWE resets Divas Division back to Divas #1 contendership battle royal with more botches in one match than in an entire WrestleMania.

Yep, sounds about right. Poor Paige.

Except none of the Total Divas won the battle royal. Tamina did. Who's a good worker. And is tied to AJ, so they can continue the feud in that way until AJ gets back. Not a bad thing at all. None of it.

is Tamina really a good worker though. she's got a good superkick but that's about it. though anyone can face Brie Bella and Naomi for 7 months and i wouldn't know if they were good, so

Tamina is not a good worker. At all though.

is Tamina really a good worker though. she's got a good superkick but that's about it. though anyone can face Brie Bella and Naomi for 7 months and i wouldn't know if they were good, so

When talking about Divas, "good worker" is relative. And irrelevant of that fact, it indirectly continues the AJ/Paige story, so I'm fine with it regardless.

Aiii

So not worth it
Except none of the Total Divas won the battle royal. Tamina did. Who's a good worker. And is tied to AJ, so they can continue the feud in that way until AJ gets back. Not a bad thing at all. None of it.

Tamina isn't a good worker unfortunately, but yeah, we'll see.

Aiii

So not worth it
How about this? She's no better than Aksana or the Bellas. There's this weird idea that, because she's not a 'diva', she's somehow a good worker. She's not.

To be fair, Aksana dropped off the mat without even actually getting punched by Nikki Bella.

So there's still a league of difference between the likes of Aksana & Eva Marie and The Bella's & Tamina.

Tamina isn't a good worker unfortunately, but yeah, we'll see.

My point more so is just that Paige is being portrayed strongly (and no, her taking offense from Alicia doesn't mean she looked weak), and that's all she can ask for at this point. Who she works with doesn't matter as much as how the matches are treated.

How about this? She's no better than Aksana or the Bellas or Naomi. She might be Cameron level. Below Foxx. There's this weird idea that, because she's not a 'diva', she's somehow a good worker. She's not.

That's just not true. She's not great, but she's on equal footing with Fox and the Bellas.

Aiii

So not worth it
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BitOzOoCAAA5Mcj.jpg
Even the most devoted TNA fan has to be fair enough to admit it's rather sad to copy WWE's Daniel Bryan angle without notice the thursday after WrestleMania, just because, I dunno, that's the thing to do.

Fucking Russo man.

speaking of not knowing if someone is any good based on the matches I've seen, Sanada. TNA hasn't done anything interesting with him
To be fair, Aksana dropped off the mat without even actually getting punched by Nikki Bella.

So there's still a league of difference between the likes of Aksana & Eva Marie and The Bella's & Tamina.
Eva makes Aksana look like a fuckin veteran out there. And she was Eva Marie level bad like a year ago.

Even the most devoted TNA fan has to be fair enough to admit it's rather sad to copy WWE's Daniel Bryan angle without notice the thursday after WrestleMania, just because, I dunno, that's the thing to do.

Fucking Russo man.

You're stretching. Aside from the beard (Young's is much better, btw) EY and DB are completely different.

You're stretching. Aside from the beard (Young's is much better, btw) EY and DB are completely different.

Bryan won two matches in one night, as did Eric Young. Bryan beat a corporate champion, as did Young. Not saying they are the same, but they aren't completely different from a story perspective.

Sanada's having a better time in TNA than Okada did, at least...but, I guess that adversity helped make the Rainmaker so damn great, so perhaps TNA did him a favour.

Vylash

Fucking Russo man.

The crowd apparently chants "you deserve it!" at him during his promo which is amazing

Come on, he's the X Division champ.

BjWd9Q8CYAA0kI6.jpg
The X Division title is booked worse than the IC and US title

the Accolade is in my fav 5 of current finishers. it's great.
All he needs to do brah
rYTxv0f.jpg

Look, Shinsuke pulling off that hairstyle a thousand times better than Bryan. Whoddathunk it.
that is not canon

this is his only friend in tna because foreigners
tigre-uno.jpg

The crowd apparently chants "you deserve it!" at him during his promo which is amazing

in the most recent episode, Sanada was in the battle royal for the #1 contender for the World Title for some reason. all he really did was attack Abyss, who no sold all of them and promptly threw him out

Vylash

in the most recent episode, Sanada was in the battle royal for the #1 contender for the World Title for some reason. all he really did was attack Abyss, who no sold all of them and promptly threw him out

Don't forget the whole "you can cash in the x division title for a world title shot" thing they've been doing where the guy wins, then gets beaten up the next month, doesn't even get a rematch, and is then buried in the midcard and forgotten about

Don't forget the whole "you can cash in the x division title for a world title shot" thing they've been doing where the guy wins, then gets beaten up the next month, doesn't even get a rematch, and is then buried in the midcard and forgotten about

Don't forget the fact that their winning shits all over a long-running story arc near it's completion!

Jamie OD

It's going to be better than ever! Just like when they rebooted the X Division in 2013, and 2012, and 2011, and 2010, and 2009, and 2008...

Seriously it feels like every year on the dot TNA plans to improve the X Division so it will be as popular as it was in 2005 and nothing ever comes of it. Worse is they bring in people the fans like and they get jobbed out a few times before never getting booked again until the next reboot, ie Jigsaw/Rubix.

I don't know why they didn't do anything with Rubix. he's better than dudes like Manik and Sonjay Dutt, and has a WAAAAAAAAAY cooler mask.
god i forgot about that

former world champions Sabin and Aries are doing pretty well right now!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Carlos Colon(booo) & Abdullah (eh) vs Stan Hansen(yay) & Bruiser Brody(yay!)

The commentary is so bad. The fighting in the back is SO bad.

Get em while they're still up, dude uploaded a bunch of Hansen and Brody stuff
Hansen & Brody vs Hara & Ishikawa
Hansen & Brody vs Jumbo and Tenyru

How to know you're over, you make mother fuckers from a different nationality bring the flag of your nationality to support you. Tenryu and Jumbo are all primped up to wrestle with their combed hair and their little jackets. Then two big gaijins just come out ready to kill. Boootaaay, yo uneed to check this dudes youtube out. There's so much good shit on here. Gonna be watching all day today.

Top Bottom