• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

- The return of Evolution and the first words we hear from the 'commentary' is the softest, most casual useless "Oh no." from Lawler, f**k they're horrible. It hurts the product don't they realise this????

It honestly really annoys me, like something needs to be done.

- Was naughty Layla the boob feeler up to her old tricks again?

- D-Bry squashing Kane in his first title story is fine but they need to go on last still and they need to still have Evolution and Shield at ringside after their match/brawl or something. It needs to still feel part of the overall story. And I think them being there both keeping an eye on 'their side' during the main important title match would elevate everyone.

Like last week when it was still D-Bry hitting HHH at the end, brings it back like yea they're all together bitch.

- Bonus: Self-aware robot Cena made me laugh.

I wonder if a possibility for Kane vs DB is that Evolution/Stephanie come down and interfere with the match in Kane's favour, and Kane turns on them because he's tired of being corporate etc, teaming up with DB to beat the shit out of Evolution, giving DB the victory by DQ and turning Kane good? Maybe the Shield even come down, if they lost their earlier match

I dunno, I'm trying to think of ways that Kane comes out of the match not being immediately diminished following his return to being masked. Bringing Evolution and The Shield into things widens the scope of the tile match and creates a scenario where you have all these intermingling hostilities. Could make for an interesting time. They might make this impossible in the build up, though.

Mmm. And maybe a little later in the year, Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins could turn on Roman Reigns to team up with Evolution, and have some kind of series of matches at Summerslam like DB vs Triple H, Roman vs Batista, Kane vs Randy Orton...maaaaybe be all right...

Aiii

So not worth it
According to Alvarez that's their default thing when a talent is gone, because less questions get asked when they note people down as injured instead of just saying they've taken time off or something.

Showaddy

This Friday's Smackdown looks terrible; Bryan, Cesaro, Shield, Wyatts & Orton are all off on the Saudi Tour.

Oh yeah and they've taken Sami Zayn as well, presumably so they can have someone that can speak to the crowd, I'll hold out hope for some kinda of debut though...

Aiii

So not worth it
Just because someone gets a good reaction from the crowd, doesn't necessarily mean they have to be faces you know. This company needs top heels and Cesaro is a great pick for that role and for the role with Heyman.

Xater

Just because someone gets a good reaction from the crowd, doesn't necessarily mean they have to be faces you know. This company needs top heels and Cesaro is a great pick for that role and for the role with Heyman.

But it doesn't work with a total face move set, especially the swing. With what he does he should be a face.

Xater

Mn Eva sucks so much. They had to get her out of that Battle Royal in the first 20 seconds because she can't do shit. Her moves were pathetic and look at this bump. What is this called? The "I feel sleepy" bump?

evabumppibmf.gif

Not to mention that pathetic being "thrown" through the ropes.

Ithil

Nah, Cesaro needs to be face. It's really hard to boo him, because he's simply too impressive in the ring. Every match of his now ends with him being cheered, the opposite of what a heel should have.

Mn Eva sucks so much. They had to get her out of that Battle Royal in the first 20 seconds because she can't do shit. Her moves were pathetic and look at this bump. What is this called? The "I feel sleepy" bump?

evabumppibmf.gif

#allgreeneverything

Hasney

evabumppibmf.gif

Hahahaha that's gold.

Always been a fan of Layla though, glad she's going for the title against Paige if AJ is INJ-TBD.

Aren't all Diva battle royals through the ropes rather than over though? I've not watched it, so I'm not sure if there were any over the top bumps.

Hahahaha that's gold.

Always been a fan of Layla though, glad she's going for the title against Paige if AJ is INJ-TBD.

Aren't all Diva battle royals through the ropes rather than over though? I've not watched it, so I'm not sure if there were any over the top bumps.
Yeah, they're through the ropes, but it's Tamina v Paige. Layla probably stuck in Santino/Emma matches for now. At least she's teamed with Fandango, which is pretty much like winning a title.

Hasney

Yeah, they're through the ropes, but it's Tamina v Paige. Layla probably stuck in Santino/Emma matches for now. At least she's teamed with Fandango, which is pretty much like winning a title.

Shit, I thought I read somewhere Layla won it. That's a pity.

Oh well, Layla V Emma will still be entertaining.

Sblargh

Banned
Austin was talking about how battle royals are hard to do; that people get injuried for silly reasons because there is no space, there is no sense of who is ready or not, there are bodies everywhere, and so on.
Multiply that for supermodels who are based on dyed hair and are training for 6 months between filming a reality show.

I don't know what they were thinking doing this once. I'm sure they don't know what they're doing now that they've done it twice. On the other hand, they probably knew it would suck, so they built an entire horrible Main Event around it just to give Tamina the win and few people actually watch it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
AJ injured. WWE resets Divas Division back to Divas #1 contendership battle royal with more botches in one match than in an entire WrestleMania.

Yep, sounds about right. Poor Paige.

According to Alvarez that's their default thing when a talent is gone, because less questions get asked when they note people down as injured instead of just saying they've taken time off or something.

So which is it? Also I'm changing my avatar since the bet is long done.

Aiii

So not worth it
So which is it? Also I'm changing my avatar since the bet is long done.

Nothing confirmed either way.

She's moving to Chicago, might be as simple as taking some time off to move her shit from Tampa to Chicago, might be she has a nagging injury that needs taking care off. WE DON'T KNOW!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Nothing confirmed either way.

She's moving to Chicago, might be as simple as taking some time off to move her shit from Tampa to Chicago, might be she has a nagging injury that needs taking care off. WE DON'T KNOW!

Uh huh. Okay.

Sephzilla

God damn that Divas Battle Royal.... Botchamania could just replay the whole match and call it a day.

I'm glad the final two were Tamina and Natalya though. I think both of them are capable of having a good match with Paige.

Phatmac

This is probably useful info to no one but the WWE network is pretty great from my time spent with it during the free trial. It's an insane deal for any wwe fan and I'm sure it'll just keep getting better and better. The only problem is my own relationship to the wwe which isn't strong since I mostly watched it during the attitude era and most of the 2000's. I think I dropped off in 07-08 and only got back to it recently due to my friends getting back into it. I don't really know what to watch on the network as I don't have any real appreciation for older wrestling events. I'm only using it to watch the PPV's and exclusive documentaries on it to be honest. I just wish they had a playlist to let you watch from the beginning instead of looking for it myself.

Xater

This is probably useful info to no one but the WWE network is pretty great from my time spent with it during the free trial. It's an insane deal for any wwe fan and I'm sure it'll just keep getting better and better. The only problem is my own relationship to the wwe which isn't strong since I mostly watched it during the attitude era and most of the 2000's. I think I dropped off in 07-08 and only got back to it recently due to my friends getting back into it. I don't really know what to watch on the network as I don't have any real appreciation for older wrestling events. I'm only using it to watch the PPV's and exclusive documentaries on it to be honest. I just wish they had a playlist to let you watch from the beginning instead of looking for it myself.

It would be cool if you could create a watchlist that just runs through the stuff you selected.

but but but the striations

Exactly, vomit inducing.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
There's a lot they can still do with the Network that is unique to wrestling. Playlists that will go through particular feuds and arcs, favoriting matches, and more. If WWE doesn't do it, someone will make an extension for Chrome for it or who knows what.

Sblargh

Banned
Jeez people, get off his back.
He probably lost an avatar bet or something.

Hey, Sunny, I hope it was a short bet and you can go back to your Daniel Bryan avatar soon.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bunch of muscle shaming going on here.

What's strong mad?

Top Bottom