• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

tumblr_n43mh0vAeu1srbyoyo1_1280.png
Big E soon to be working under Zeb actually somehow has me excited for Big E. And I hate Big E.

Well, they have a nice main event in Shield vs. Evolution. They want to push Kane, which has been obvious for a while. Bryan and Kane work well together and have history. It's really not that bad, especially not as bad as the kneejerk reaction to it would indicate.
I still don't really like it, but i know it's the only real option they have since Evolution is facing Shield. If it's a hardcore match, that could change it nicely

styl3s

HDTV has not been kind for bladers.

They really need to keep Dusty Rhodes forehead off TV
The problem with these people is incorrect blading and doing stupid fucking death matches and getting hit in the face with light tubes and shit.

There are tons and tons and tons of 90s and early 00's wrestlers who bladed every night and they look fine. I am actually glad WWE adopted the PG policy so wrestlers (in WWE at least) no longer have to kill themselves with chair shots and unnecessary blading. Don't get me wrong, i think there is a time and place for both chair shots (blocked chair shots of course, unprotected chair shots is fucking stupid and it's why i can't watch most indie matches involving chairs) and blood can be EXTREMELY effective.

I still don't really like it, but i know it's the only real option they have since Evolution is facing Shield. If it's a hardcore match, that could change it nicely

Well the point of the show is that every match has some sort of stip, so it more than likely won't just be a basic singles match.

charsace

Yeah and Wyatt vs Cena too but you're top draw right now should be doing better. And actually in the main event since he's at his peak right now. i mean we just saw this match on main event a few weeks ago.

Cena's character and booking has fucked him. A lot of the fan base doesn't like him and he's only loved by a good portion of the fan base because he wears big, bright clothes, always beats the bully, and is never scared of anything. And always comes off as super in his matches. He would need to reboot himself to fit in with the way things are in the ME.

I thought see didn't need to get the first win against Wyatt, but then I thought about it. Cena doesn't lose to guys who are perceived to be below him. If he ever took part in storyline where he takes a few losses it would hurt his base and he would lose fans. Cena is a monster heel, he has to win and be dominant.

Cena's character and booking has fucked him. A lot of the fan base doesn't like him and he's only loved by a good portion of the fan base because he wears big, bright clothes, always beats the bully, and is never scared of anything. And always comes off as super in his matches. He would need to reboot himself to fit in with the way things are in the ME.

I thought see didn't need to get the first win against Wyatt, but then I thought about it. Cena doesn't lose to guys who are perceived to be below him. If he ever took part in storyline where he takes a few losses it would hurt his base and he would lose fans. Cena is a monster heel, he has to win and be dominant.

I disagree. Cena has been so protected over the past 10 years that it would not hurt him to drop a match here and there. I'm not saying he has to lose every time he goes out, but he is strong enough to withstand a loss or two.

lupinko

How the fuck he got to be the HEAD TRAINER for WWE is something no one can explain. A career lower mid carder whose best way to show he could wrestle was doing a moonsault and being fat at the same time. Of all the great retired wrestlers they have on their payroll, he's the guy they pick to be the head of their developmental program?

Hey now, that's no laughing matter.

Zach

Ugh... Watching the Great American Bash '90 and during this Steiners/Freebirds match, WCW had no problem zooming in on some dudes in the crowd clearly chanting "Faggot! Faggot! Faggot!"

Classy.

SD Spoilers:

Triple H opened Smackdown with a promo and announced that Evolution will face The Shield at Extreme Rules...
1. Intercontinental Champion Big E defeated Alberto Del Rio by DQ.

Paul Heyman cut a promo reminding fans that Brock Lesnar is the one in 21-1.

2. Paige beat Aksana. A physical match that was reminiscent of NXT women's matches. It's almost as if giving them some time to work with is a good thing...

3. El Torito beat Hornswoggle. Waste of time.

4. Alexander Rusev beat R-Truth. A sub-3 minute squash, but Rusev looked vicious during the match and had a post match decimation of Xavier Woods.

5. Santino Marella (w/Emma) defeated Fandango (w/Layla). Santino won via sunset flip. It was not an especially great match. Distraction with Emma attacking Layla let Santino pick up the win. There was some bad comedy after the match with Emma asking for a high five and Santino forgetting to take the cobra sleeve off.

6. Batista defeated Sheamus with a Batista Bomb. A pretty decent fight. They worked in some great near falls on both sides.

After the taping, Batista grabbed a mic and challenged Sheamus to a last man standing match which Sheamus won via Brogue Kick to send everyone home happy. Side note: Sheamus grabbed a Warrior-clad little girl from the crowd and carried her around for a bit. It was a touching enough moment that one of the photographers had to wipe away tears. He finished up the evening by signing some autographs and posing for photos.

Carnby

I found out that I can get discounted tickets to an upcoming episode of Raw, through my place of employment. I just might go...

charsace

I disagree. Cena has been so protected over the past 10 years that it would not hurt him to drop a match here and there. I'm not saying he has to lose every time he goes out, but he is strong enough to withstand a loss or two.

Cena has been hated by half the fans for most of his run on top. This is not a case of Hogan who had a long run and was loved for most of it. I don't think he can sustain his popularity with kids if he started losing. He has been well protected. More so than anyone else. Hogan had Savage on his heels and Stone Cold had the Rock. Cena never had the type of 2nd guy that the guys I listed did and a large portion of the fans still turned on him quickly.

Sblargh

Banned
#FreeEmma

When this started, I think it was just a way to introduce her to the public, but man, is this shit getting dragged to the pits of hell. Let my dancing girl powerbomb some divas, dubya dubya E.

Edgeward

Good god, this diva battle royale set back all the good vibes the division was having. A great encapsulation of problems/gripes have with the division.

i hope tamina doesnt botch and superkick Paige into a concussion

when is wwe going to announce the card for the next ppv? I am growing very tired of the authority vs bryan angle.
They announce the matches 1 by 1. No set time. Most likely it will be:

Bryan vs Kane

Shield vs Evolution

Cena vs Wyatt

Tamina vs Paige

Cesaro vs Big E

Usos vs Rybaxel

Rusev vs Rtruth or jobber

Big Show vs Sandow lol not going on the main card

rvd and BNB should be somewhere on the card too. Maybe vs each other

Bryan vs Kane

in 2014

HHH and Bootista main eventing over DB

lol

Y u gotta look at it glass half empty brah?!

It's the Shield that's main eventing over Bryan!

And I can fathom the fact that Bryan is fighting Kane given their history together. Atleast play up Team Hell no a bit. Dr Shelby's returning could save it. More filmed vignettes!

Good god, this diva battle royale set back all the good vibes the division was having. A great encapsulation of problems/gripes have with the division.

i hope tamina doesnt botch and superkick Paige into a concussion

Well they had to get a #1 contender somehow with AJ injured. So this was probably a last-minute decision. And they could have easily had one of the Total Divas go over, and they didn't. And Tamina is a good worker. So don't lose faith just yet.

Sblargh

Banned
when is wwe going to announce the card for the next ppv? I am growing very tired of the authority vs bryan angle.

If Steph and Trips keep doing wonders as heels, I think it can continue for a bit. Bryan doesn't need a new angle, he needs fresh matches. Bryan vs Big Monster would be cool if the monsters available weren't Kane, Rusev or Ryback. (50 years old, too soon, buried by Cena).
Bryan vs Luke Harper would be awesome, but he is being buried by proxy, same with Rowan (tho I have to see Rowan doing something to convince me he would be good in a singles match).

WWE should stop wasting their monsters on a guy who does photoshop of them and wins in two attacks after being beaten down the entire match; they are incredibly lacking in the menance department.

Toki767

Well they had to get a #1 contender somehow with AJ injured. So this was probably a last-minute decision. And they could have easily had one of the Total Divas go over, and they didn't. And Tamina is a good worker. So don't lose faith just yet.

Tamina's basically the only heel left that Paige wouldn't have beaten by the PPV. It's a shame they don't bring back Kharma. Her against Paige could probably make the women's division look credible again.

Tamina's basically the only heel left that Paige wouldn't have beaten by the PPV. It's a shame they don't bring back Kharma. Her against Paige could probably make the women's division look credible again.

They have more than enough talent in the division right now to make it credible, they just have to let them showcase it. It could be better, but the division is not devoid of talent.

KissVibes

Banned
No one said they were main eventing over DB...

Hahahahaha

Sure they aren't

But really, we know Cena vs Bray Wyatt are going on last. Gotta send the fans home happy :)

How would Paige's moveset work with Kharma?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think at this point it's pretty clear that losing Punk for good doesn't matter.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
And they wouldn't have Tamina with an AJ shirt winning that Battle Royale.

KissVibes

Banned
Vince likes both AJ as Punk and is very high on both of them. I'm sure he's still actively trying to get Punk back. Even if they could replace his draw power with Roman Reigns or Kane, I'm sure he still wants Punk around and on good terms.

Doubt it. Why not just have Tamina win the belt at Mania then? Or have her turn on her the night after on Raw?

Uhh... no?

I wouldn't doubt this specific level of thinking the company is capable of in booking themselves into a corner like that. Just look at Ryback.

I think Paige is absolutely lovely and is the future of the divas division but they could not think of a worse way of debuting her. It's easily salvageable yes, but man.

Doubt it. Why not just have Tamina win the belt at Mania then? Or have her turn on her the night after on Raw?

Uhh... no?
He did. After main event went off the air. Apparently not apart of smackdown either. So wwe wasted their triumphant return of the championship contender by not even putting it on tv. Okay.

I wouldn't doubt this specific level of thinking the company is capable of in booking themselves into a corner like that. Just look at Ryback.

I think Paige is absolutely lovely and is the future of the divas division but they could not think of a worse way of debuting her. It's easily salvageable yes, but man.

What are you talking about? She was super over and became a star when she won the belt. She got a reaction from a lifeless crowd on Monday and her finish was over. She didn't necessarily have to win the belt, but in doing so she came out a star. It wasn't the best way to debut her, but it was very far from the worst. And I can promise you this isn't a "booking themselves into a corner" situation. Paige, like most NXT products, is a Triple H project. He takes pride in all of them and does what he can to help them succeed. Paige is no different in that respect.

He did. After main event went off the air. Apparently not apart of smackdown either. So wwe wasted their triumphant return of the championship contender by not even putting it on tv. Okay.

Odd. I see it on WWE's website though. Just weird that they would do it that way.

What are you talking about? She was super over and became a star when she won the belt. She got a reaction from a lifeless crowd on Monday and her finish was over. She didn't necessarily have to win the belt, but in doing so she came out a star. It wasn't the best way to debut her, but it was very far from the worst. And I can promise you this isn't a "booking themselves into a corner" situation. Paige, like most NXT products, is a Triple H project. He takes pride in all of them and does what he can to help them succeed. Paige is no different in that respect.

Odd. I see it on WWE's website though. Just weird that they would do it that way.
http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwemainevent/2014-04-15/kane-attacks-big-show-26238146

I guess the Gail Kim flashbacks got to me. Not that it I'm complaining tho....mmmmm

Well let's hope Hunter delivers. Her scorpion cross lock has the potential to get over massively with an audience who usually scoffs at women's wrestling in the WWE. I know I have for awhile. Just such a good visual.

I guess the Gail Kim flashbacks got to me. Not that it I'm complaining tho....mmmmm

Well let's hope Hunter delivers. Her scorpion cross lock has the potential to get over massively with an audience who usually scoffs at women's wrestling in the WWE. I know I have for awhile. Just such a good visual.

Yeah, I'm glad they let her use it. I think Hunter sees the show differently than Vince in a few key ways. One is that he knows the value of having a complete card. Vince has always been concerned mostly with only the top guys (Austin, Rock, Cena, etc.) and not really caring about the mid-card. Hunter seems to see the value in everything meaning something, whether it be the main event, the mid-card, or, in this case, the women. I have faith in his vision.

Top Bottom