• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

Sblargh

Banned
Agreeing only with the bolded because I'm in character, I gotta hate on Bryan's looks. But there's still a shard of truth there.

I always felt like wrasslin'...there's two types mostly. Larger-than-life characters ala Andre, Hoke Hokan, etc - or there's everyman-style stuff like Dusty's work in Florida and some of WCCW's stars and other territory stuff.

Which do you prefer? Something that you watch and feel like you can never, ever be a part of it and just get a taste by seeing it? Or something where you say "I want to be a part of that"

Or both?

It's both, mang.
I can be a part YESing alone in my room, but knowing over sold out numbers are YESing with me around the world!

And I can watch him being greater than me as I'll never be able to have an awesome match with Triple H like he did. Bryan does a whole lot of stuff I can't hope to do, even if I start to train now, in 20 years, he will still be best than me in the ring, but it's the message, bro. He chose to wrestle, I chose a megalomaniacal plan that is coming together quite nicely (even if a little slower than I wanted).

You can admire someone being the best at their thing and then be inspired to be the best at your thing. And then you can throw your fingers into the air, scream YES and be part of it. It's those lines between being an individual and a part of the collective.

You, too, Sunny, can be a Daniel Bryan. It doesn't need to be a Daniel Bryan of wrestling, but you can be the Daniel Bryan of striations!

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
zlcC7vf.gif

Thank you.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Nice avatar choice, Sunny. Aesthetics are king in this business.

Looking forward to your glorious return. Your avatar is probably the worst pic of Bryan ever made.

It's both, mang.
I can be a part YESing alone in my room, but knowing over sold out numbers are YESing with me around the world!

And I can watch him being greater than me as I'll never be able to have an awesome match with Triple H like he did. Bryan does a whole lot of stuff I can't hope to do, even if I start to train now, in 20 years, he will still be best than me in the ring, but it's the message, bro. He chose to wrestle, I chose a megalomaniacal plan that is coming together quite nicely (even if a little slower than I wanted).

You can admire someone being the best at their thing and then be inspired to be the best at your thing. And then you can throw your fingers into the air, scream YES and be part of it. It's those lines between being an individual and a part of the collective.

You, too, Sunny, can be a Daniel Bryan. It doesn't need to be a Daniel Bryan of wrestling, but you can be the Daniel Bryan of striations!

Hang on, what?

What is going on in that cesspool now?

Marty whatshisname that made the tooty sounds in Halo games isn't working at Bungie anymore. That's about it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Kinda off-topic but can anyone check the Network and see if the time Regal showed his dick is still on there? I'd imagine it was censored from everything after the live one, but I was curious.

Looking forward to your glorious return. Your avatar is probably the worst pic of Bryan ever made.

Hang on, what?

Marty whatshisname that made the tooty sounds in Halo games isn't working at Bungie anymore. That's about it.

I'm flattered of the compliment! Screen capped it myself.

Damn. Sunny's taking the gimmick too far.

Heel

Daniel Bryan was given the ball and he's already taking time off? The writing is on the wall, friends. That's not how this business works. Would not be surprised if Vince has him drop the strap on Sunday Night Heat and moves him into the miscellaneous section as INJ - TBD.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Daniel Bryan was given the ball and he's already taking time off? The writing is on the wall, friends. That's not how this business works. Would not be surprised if Vince has him drop the strap on Sunday Night Heat and moves him into the miscellaneous section as INJ - TBD.

They still tape Heat!? How come I've never been told about this?

Verendus

Banned
Bryan sucks. Let me kick 1000 times whilst the crowd chants 'YES' and nothing else. So amazing. Bloody Cena 2.0 in the form of damn leprechaun.

Marvel

could never
2012 Bryan was best Bryan.

Only time I enjoyed his character, he makes for such a great slimy Heel with that shit eating grin.

Verendus

Banned
WWE will be saved when Brotista becomes champion and takes his rightful place. Until then, these are dark days. The days of losers.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bateaster + GotG movie rounds = big payoffs for WWE. They've been setting the table for a while. It's gonna be great for business.

Sephzilla

I can't wait to watch the SummerSlam main event where Bryan will run circles around Batista but still lose because Batista's going to be in a movie where he's less over than a CGI raccoon. If their Raw match from a while back is any indication, Bryan will have to work so fucking slow just to make Batista not look god awful.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I can't wait to watch the SummerSlam main event where Bryan will run circles around Batista but still lose because Batista's going to be in a movie where he's less over than a CGI raccoon. If their Raw match from a while back is any indication, Bryan will have to work so fucking slow just to make Batista not look god awful.

You gotta bring the total package if you want to be the champion. What movie has Daniel Bryan ever been in? If he wants to up his star power, he needs a shave, a haircut, and an agent.

One would argue that to defeat Batista you need more than just wrestling ability - you need to defeat him when it comes to charisma (quite possibly happening already) and also you need to defeat him (shoot, not work) with your own popularity and bring more money to the table to feed people. Work harder on that merch. Work harder on that star power. Work harder schmoozing with Hollywood. Dave did it. Bryan can too if he puts his mind to it.

Verendus

Banned
Maybe Bryan will have to do something else than just running around and throwing kicks. I understand Cena looks over him like a big brother, maybe he'll teach him some moves or expressions.

Sephzilla

You gotta bring the total package if you want to be the champion. What movie has Daniel Bryan ever been in? If he wants to up his star power, he needs a shave, a haircut, and an agent.

One would argue that to defeat Batista you need more than just wrestling ability - you need to defeat him when it comes to charisma (quite possibly happening already) and also you need to defeat him (shoot, not work) with your own popularity and bring more money to the table to feed people. Work harder on that merch. Work harder on that star power. Work harder schmoozing with Hollywood. Dave did it. Bryan can too if he puts his mind to it.

I'd rather see Bryan just stay focused on wrestling than see him possibly go down the John Cena route of "I can only get in movies if Vince pays for it" route. Batista's movie career thus far has been "that other wrestler we could sign if we cant afford Dwayne".

Maybe Bryan will have to do something else than just running around and throwing kicks. I understand Cena looks over him like a big brother, maybe he'll teach him some moves or expressions.

755528918_original.gif

Top Bottom