• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

Xater

I can't wait to watch the SummerSlam main event where Bryan will run circles around Batista but still lose because Batista's going to be in a movie where he's less over than a CGI raccoon. If their Raw match from a while back is any indication, Bryan will have to work so fucking slow just to make Batista not look god awful.

I am so hyped for that Raccoon. Don't give a shit about Drax.

Batista also always looked awful because he sucks. He's a Ryback or Big E that for some reason got popular. Probably because there was nothing else going on during the late 00s.

Heel

Bryan puts more butts in seats than Mighty Mouse.

UFC 174 buy rate should be intresting

The funny thing about UFC comparisons is that, given Daniel Bryan's current promo ability, he would be Jim Miller at best in an MMA setting. That's being generous, because Jim Miller is actually a talented fighter. He just happens to have a beard and no charisma.

Sephzilla

I am so hyped for that Raccoon. Don't give a shit about Drax.

Batista also always looked awful because he sucks. He's a Ryback or Big E that for some reason got popular. Probably because there was nothing else going on during the late 00s.

To be fair, he's a lot better on the mic than either of those two.

But, a lot of his success can be attributed to getting into HHH's inner circle. Batista was easily the worst worker out of Evolution.

Xater

To be fair, he's a lot better on the mic than either of those two.

But, a lot of his success can be attributed to getting into HHH's inner circle.

But he isn't even great in that department. In fact at this point Bryan is better at it and I wouldn't even consider him great.

Verendus

Banned
You know where Bryan would be in the 00s? Released after failing in the WWE and drugged up on a street somewhere. Like the crack head he clearly is, behind the scenes. WWE is so stale, anyone is just getting over.

strobogo

Banned
Bateaster + GotG movie rounds = big payoffs for WWE. They've been setting the table for a while. It's gonna be great for business.

Bro, Bateaster lost what little credibility he had left when I saw the trailer for GOTG and Chris Prat had more majesty and muscle grade than him. The dream is dead, big guy.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Is WrasslGAF currently going through a "line in the sand" Angle where we have to pick sides for and against Daniel Bryan?

Because if so, that's some REAL meta storytelling and long-term booking.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
RVD was completely overshadowed in that flick.

And well deserved.

I was a fan of the Douchetista gimmick. It finally gave Batista some kind of value.

It was his finest hour.

Bro, Bateaster lost what little credibility he had left when I saw the trailer for GOTG and Chris Prat had more majesty and muscle grade than him. The dream is dead, big guy.

Nah, funny angles. Batista will deliver.

Marvel

could never
You know where Bryan would be in the 00s? Released after failing in the WWE and drugged up on a street somewhere. Like the crack head he clearly is, behind the scenes. WWE is so stale, anyone is just getting over.

tumblr_m4rxpltQhL1qgvr4ko1_250.gif

Sephzilla

Marty O'Donnell got straight up future endeavored by Bungie

For more than a decade, Marty O’Donnell filled our worlds with unforgettable sounds and soundtracks, and left an indelible mark on our fans. Today, as friends, we say goodbye. We know that wherever his journey takes him, he will always have a bright and hopeful future.

We wish him luck in all his future endeavors.

http://www.bungie.net/7_There-are-those-who-said-this-day-would-never-come/en/News/News?aid=11484

I don't really mind it but I wonder when Bryan will decide to cut his hair and trim his beard even though a lot of his merchandise is built on that look. He's gotta look at himself in the mirror sometimes and go, fuck I've taken this shit too far.

Sephzilla

I don't really mind it but I wonder when Bryan will decide to cut his hair and trim his beard even though a lot of his merchandise is built on that look. He's gotta look at himself in the mirror sometimes and go, fuck I've taken this shit too far.

I wonder if Vince/HHH will allow him to trim it up given the marketing around his current look. He should definitely go back to his WM28 look.

Xater

Is WrasslGAF currently going through a "line in the sand" Angle where we have to pick sides for and against Daniel Bryan?

I only see gimmick posters that pretend to hate Bryan without real arguments. Mostly claiming for Batista to be the savior because muscles. He isn#t even that big anymore and mostly looms old and tired.

Ithil

Because if so, that's some REAL meta storytelling and long-term booking.

Judging by almost every wrestling community I've ever seen, wrestling fans are almost incapable of not creating gimmicks and characters in some kind of bizarre imitation of pro wrestling and posting with a "kayfabe".

Toki767

Bald badass Daniel Bryan doesn't appeal to kids and is more of a heel character. Hairy long haired/bearded Daniel Bryan has a lovable appearance. He's basically stuck with that look until A) he turns heel or B) someone cuts his hair and shaves his beard on live TV to get major heat from the crowd.

Marvel

could never
Bad News Barret should get another shot at shaving it.

Also nice to see some love for Rusev, I like him a lot too.

Is there any info on Eric Young's contract situation? Did they just give him the title as a consolation for his many years of service before letting his contract expire?

I hope not. I hope he has a long reign. They gave him the ball, let him run with it.

Judging by almost every wrestling community I've ever seen, wrestling fans are almost incapable of not creating gimmicks and characters in some kind of bizarre imitation of pro wrestling and posting with a "kayfabe".

I'd like to think that I don't have a gimmick, but I go through spurts of posting before falling back into silence. I like what I like, but I don't begrudge people who like different things.

I would think for the most part, there isn't a lot of gimmick posters in this thread. However, the gimmick posters are one of the loudest.

Heel

I think the most striking thing since I've peaked into the WWE Universe on Wrassle GAF is that anyone not buying into Daniel Bryan is perceived as "trolling", "gimmick posting" or "working kayfabe." This is borderline cult-like behavior.

Much respect to Dr Duncan Steel for being accepting an alternate viewpoint. I believe I'll be on the right side of history on this one.

I don't think they exactly pay EY that much money.
I've noticed they've been trimming the fat lately and letting those big contracts lapse while retaining their core, homegrown talent like Robbie E. and Gunnar.

They'll probably pull the same ratings anyway so it's smart to save money.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I only see gimmick posters that pretend to hate Bryan without real arguments. Mostly claiming for Batista to be the savior because muscles. He isn#t even that big anymore and mostly looms old and tired.

You're not calling me out specifically but I should really assume you are. I have legit irrefutable factual evidence about Bryan not being so wonderful. Just don't chalk this up to gimmick posting, I'm providing everyone here with a glimpse into a creative genius' mind.

1: Daniel Bryan is small. He really is. Is that going to hurt him or help him? It will not help him, so therefore if it does anything, it'll hurt him. He can play the sympathetic card for only so long. He's small and doesn't always look credible but his striking looks REALLY good for someone his size and he can be taken seriously - there's just a lot of risk because one bad sequence and you have a notorious gif much like the Sting Scorpion Deathlock gif or indiewrestling.gif etc. Being small won't kill you, but it won't help unless you're working a monster vs small person match, but Bryan isn't.

2: Bryan's merch sucks. It appears to be on the upswing, thankfully, due to some decent designs but it's still not great. I don't know how you'd market someone like that well. He doesn't have anything besides a beard to market. You can't market wrestling ability unless you have someone like Paul Heyman talking you up and feeding you a great catchphrase that turns into merchandise. EAT SLEEP BREAK THE STREAK was an amazing piece of merch for Lesnar. Did Bryan get anything beyond Yes? Does he NEED something beyond YES? I say yes he does. But let's be honest, should I even be giving any kind of shit about someone's merchandising? I really shouldn't, none of us should, but goddammit this is nerd central when it comes to wrestling and WE ALL LIKE TO TALK LIKE WE KNOW ABOUT WHAT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT. It's ok. We all do it so we're good.

3: Bryan's lacking charisma and speaking talent. It's easy to respond with the cage Bryan gif with people doing the YES but what is that REALLY? Is that charisma? No, of course not. You lead people with something simple (one word, even!) and they parrot it. New Age Outlaws had crazy charisma if you use that kind of measuring stick. Are there any hot Daniel Bryan promos that get it over? It's just mumbling and stumbling through a few key points. I can't tell if he's scripted, because he could be a bad reader, or what - he's PASSABLE, certainly, and it's not hurting him, but it's not doing him any favors and isn't helping him either. He's got to show some fire inside, not in the ring but in his promos and I think when they hand him a mic, well, time for some mushmouthed stuff. I'd work on this first before anything else. Have him go on a retreat with Dusty for a week. Come back. Have a ball. Get crazy. It'd be wonderful.

Bryan is not THAT bad, but WWE is going to need to rely on huge, larger than life personalities that clash with each other. I like Bryan plenty. He shouldn't be the face of the company, though. That's just my personal opinion.

Alright back into character. STRIATIONS! MAJESTY! Oh wait I NEVER LEFT CHARACTER.

Top Bottom