• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

Goddamnit man I must squash this narrative before someone get hurt

This movie causes me extreme mental and physical pain due to how bad it is

You should watch more bad movies to appreciate the greatness that is Wrong Side of Town.

You want a painful movie? Go watch Best of the Best 3.

Marvel

could never
ibjgbYtphRt7Wd.gif

Verendus

Banned
I only see gimmick posters that pretend to hate Bryan without real arguments. Mostly claiming for Batista to be the savior because muscles. He isn#t even that big anymore and mostly looms old and tired.
1. I'm no gimmick poster.

2. Bryan sucks. Ain't my problem you like Cena 2.0, only this time with the size of a ten year old.

strobogo

Banned
And well deserved.

It was his finest hour.

Nah, funny angles. Batista will deliver.

No. Bateaster can't deliver anything any more. He couldn't deliver a baby. He couldn't deliver a pizza. He just can't deliver. He STILL gets winded from promos and he's been back full time for 3 months. And his promos are slow with few words being said. He's been a straight up embarrassment to himself, to WWE, and to wrassle fans since his return. You can't even argue with it. Dude looks weird, lost 40% of his mass (which was 100% of his success), can't work without nearly dying, and can't even cut promos without sounding tired.

You can't deny it it any more, boss. You're guy doesn't have it any more. Admit it to yourself and to everyone else. I can admit when my guy doesn't have it. Axl looks, sounds, and moves like shit. Dude is done. Just like Bateaster.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
No. Bateaster can't deliver anything any more. He couldn't deliver a baby. He couldn't deliver a pizza. He just can't deliver. He STILL gets winded from promos and he's been back full time for 3 months. And his promos are slow with few words being said. He's been a straight up embarrassment to himself, to WWE, and to wrassle fans since his return. You can't even argue with it. Dude looks weird, lost 40% of his mass (which was 100% of his success), can't work without nearly dying, and can't even cut promos without sounding tired.

You can't deny it it any more, boss. You're guy doesn't have it any more. Admit it to yourself and to everyone else. I can admit when my guy doesn't have it. Axl looks, sounds, and moves like shit. Dude is done. Just like Bateaster.

One more run. One more run.

I think the most striking thing since I've peaked into the WWE Universe on Wrassle GAF is that anyone not buying into Daniel Bryan is perceived as "trolling", "gimmick posting" or "working kayfabe." This is borderline cult-like behavior.

This is the most truth that has been posted here for a long time, friend.

*Shakes Heel's hand*

He showed some glimpses of his past self at the Wrestlemania press conference.

The Cody Rhodes/Rey Mysterio video package for Extreme Rules 2011 is incredible.

Was that mask Cody? That was his best gimmick. Actually I liked Dashing Cody too. I think Cody just needs something to latch onto and run with. Plain ol' bland Cody is a good wrestler but no one cares about him. He does well with a gimmick.

DMczaf

Daniel Bryan was given the ball and he's already taking time off? The writing is on the wall, friends. That's not how this business works. Would not be surprised if Vince has him drop the strap on Sunday Night Heat and moves him into the miscellaneous section as INJ - TBD.

I think the most striking thing since I've peaked into the WWE Universe on Wrassle GAF is that anyone not buying into Daniel Bryan is perceived as "trolling", "gimmick posting" or "working kayfabe." This is borderline cult-like behavior.

Much respect to Dr Duncan Steel for being accepting an alternate viewpoint. I believe I'll be on the right side of history on this one.

This is why I hate gimmick posting. You fall in so deep that there's no going back.

bean breath has been in that pit for months.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Do you people REALLY think the things I say is gimmick posting? This is the real deal, folks. I don't work you guys. Sometimes it's turned up to 11 but it's never working you all.

Rapstah

Was that mask Cody? That was his best gimmick. Actually I liked Dashing Cody too. I think Cody just needs something to latch onto and run with. Plain ol' bland Cody is a good wrestler but no one cares about him. He does well with a gimmick.

Masked Cody, the Rey Mysterio re-match from WM27. (28?)

Saying Bryan has no personality isn't fair. He is just a victim of lol WWE good guy. We seen what he could do during his heel run. Even during his goofy face run with Kane.

Ithil

3: Bryan's lacking charisma and speaking talent..

Strongly disagree, and it has nothing to do with the YES chant

Charisma:
A compelling attractiveness or charm that can inspire devotion in others,

To me that screams Bryan to a tee. He isn't the best talker, he doesn't have the most impressive physique, he's not tall, all that Vince-y jazz. But he has something that draws people to him. It's not "YES" because if it was, Ryback would still be over.

It's happened all his career, he was super over in ROH, and it wasn't just because he was a great wrestler, because there are many great wrestlers like him that don't inspire such a devoted fanbase. There is something intangible about Bryan that makes people become invested in him, want to see more of him and want to see him succeed.

That's the exact definition of charisma.

People didn't rebel after WM 28, or at the Slammies last year, or after the Rumble, because they were mad they didn't get to chant YES, they rebelled because they were devoted to Bryan as fans and wanted to see him above all else.

The best illustration of this is just to take a good look at Bryan and YES, and Ryback and FEED ME MORE.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Saying Bryan has no personality isn't fair. He is just a victim of lol WWE good guy. We seen what he could do during his heel run. Even during his goofy face run with Kane.

His heel run was fun. I liked it. Same with the Kane stuff. The Bryan we have right now is universes away from there.

To me that screams Bryan to a tee. He isn't the best talker, he doesn't have the most impressive physique, he's not tall, all that Vince-y jazz. But he has something that draws people to him. It's not "YES" because if it was, Ryback would still be over.

It's happened all his career, he was super over in ROH, and it wasn't just because he was a great wrestler, because there are many great wrestlers like him that don't inspire such a devoted fanbase. There is something intangible about Bryan that makes people become invested in him, want to see more of him and want to see him succeed.

People didn't rebel after WM 28, or at the Slammies last year, or after the Rumble, because they were mad they didn't get to chant YES, they rebelled because they were devoted to Bryan as fans and wanted to see him above all else.

The best illustration of this is just to take a good look at Bryan and YES, and Ryback and FEED ME MORE.

I'll say this much: the first piece of WWE merch I've ever bought was the Daniel Bryan maroon YES! hoodie, which is one of the few pieces of merch they've designed for him that I, as a grown ass adult, wouldn't feel mortified to wear. I've liked wrestlers in the past, but I haven't felt compelled to buy a piece of merchandise until Bryan won the title at WrestleMania.

Marvel

could never
Could Ryback eventually go back to that though? I have the feeling he's been compeletely trashed and will never recover myself.

Do you people REALLY think the things I say is gimmick posting? This is the real deal, folks. I don't work you guys. Sometimes it's turned up to 11 but it's never working you all.

There are two types of posters in this thread:

1- "Gimmick posters". That is, somebody who has a different a opinion from the Hivemind, and doesn't take the sport of two greasy guys hitting each other too seriously.

2- super (s)marks who take this shit way too seriously, and get mad when someone doesn't like their favorite.

Quite the fascinating contrast really.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Feed Me More is still over on house shows. Makes me wonder if house shows audiences generally follow the product.

Good thoughts. Ryback got screwed, bad, because they booked him into a corner and couldn't do what they needed to do. It was a shame. Sometimes Ryback seems over as fuck, sometimes he doesn't. It's really weird and baffling.

Maybe Charisma isn't the right word for me to harp on about. It's not personality...or is it? Is it a bland, cheery "I'm just a guy who doesn't really feel like I deserve fame" self-effacing personality going to work?

I just don't know how long it's sustainable, and my gut tells me it'll fall apart real fast whenever it does fall apart. Bryan's heel turn he will inevitably need to flirt with will either kill his character or bring him up higher than ever. I just tend to lean on the side of failure because it bucks the trend of what wrasslin has always been.

Ithil

He can't pin jobbers in squash matches forever. He eventually had to wrestle and get exposed.
Roman is next on that exposure list.

He shouldn't have gone from "beating up jobbers" to "main eventing for the WWE title". Goldberg didn't beaten up local jobbers for six months then challenge Hogan on Nitro, he worked his way up the roster gradually, including winning the US title.

They just completely botched Ryback's push.

Rapstah

Could Ryback eventually go back to that though? I have the feeling he's been compeletely trashed and will never recover myself.
He's fucked. He can still be funny though, I like the guy.

He can't pin jobbers in squash matches forever. He eventually had to wrestle and get exposed.

He was over in normal matches for a couple of months. He was really over as #30 in the 2013 Royal Rumble and I don't think he was doing jobber matches around that event.

Vylash

I'm not talking about his in ring skills, I'm talking about the fact that they had The Shield kill him for months, then had Henry beat him, then had Cena beat him, then had Punk beat him, they absolutely murdered this guy

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
He shouldn't have gone from "beating up jobbers" to "main eventing for the WWE title". Goldberg didn't beaten up local jobbers for six months then challenge Hogan on Nitro, he worked his way up the roster gradually, including winning the US title.

They just completely botched Ryback's push.

I remember when he finally got that championship match w/his streak as well and we were all INTERESTED. We weren't dying to see it but we were happy to have a change of pace. A shame it happened how it did.

strobogo

Banned
People should forever unhitch charisma and promo skills. They aren't the same thing at all. Plenty of dudes had a ton of charisma who never even cut promos. A guy with good speaking skills can have no charisma. A guy with a ton of charisma can be a terrible promo. They aren't the same thing and should not be so closely connected.

Dolph Ziggler: Ton of charisma, terrible promo
Bryan: Ton of charisma, decent speaker
Randy Orton: Fine speaker, sometimes negative charisma
John Cena: Great speaker, often times mega negative, channel changing charisma
HHH: Great speaker, great charisma
Bateaster: Used to have a ton of charisma, used to be a decent speaker. Now he has no charisma and is a much worse speaker than he was 5 years ago
Brock Lesnar: Charisma through the roof, terrible speaker
Cesaro: Tons of charisma, average speaker
Kamala: Tons of charisma, never cut a promo
Umaga: Tons of charisma, never cut a promo (minus that period right before he left/died that I pretend didn't happen)

Charisma is more than just speaking ability and how excited you can get people. It is a presence.

Sblargh

Banned
I got kind of upset before wrestlemania when people would want Bryan to lose just to see five minutes of internet rage, which is here on this page after he won.

But hey, you know, I get enjoying a certain aesthetic to your wrasslers, larger than life is a good way to put it. But honestly, I can't not look at Bryan and see larger than life. He has a larger than life dedication, a larger than life heart, a larger than life moveset, too. Even if it's all a character, it's still what the character says to me.

I understand that you like Superman, but right now, in the wrasslin' world at least, Spider-Man is what is hot. Sure, he is a geek, he is small, he doesn't always win the fight, but...

He's still a superhero.

People should forever unhitch charisma and promo skills. They aren't the same thing at all. Plenty of dudes had a ton of charisma who never even cut promos. A guy with good speaking skills can have no charisma. A guy with a ton of charisma can be a terrible promo. They aren't the same thing and should not be so closely connected.

Dolph Ziggler: Ton of charisma, terrible promo
Bryan: Ton of charisma, decent speaker
Randy Orton: Fine speaker, sometimes negative charisma
John Cena: Great speaker, often times mega negative, channel changing charisma
HHH: Great speaker, great charisma
Bateaster: Used to have a ton of charisma, used to be a decent speaker. Now he has no charisma and is a much worse speaker than he was 5 years ago
Brock Lesnar: Charisma through the roof, terrible speaker
Cesaro: Tons of charisma, average speaker
Kamala: Tons of charisma, never cut a promo
Umaga: Tons of charisma, never cut a promo (minus that period right before he left/died that I pretend didn't happen)

Charisma is more than just speaking ability and how excited you can get people. It is a presence.
Trips is the GOAT confirmed

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I got kind of upset before wrestlemania when people would want Bryan to lose just to see five minutes of internet rage, which is here on this page after he won.

But hey, you know, I get enjoying a certain aesthetic to your wrasslers, larger than life is a good way to put it. But honestly, I can't not look at Bryan and see larger than life. He has a larger than life dedication, a larger than life heart, a larger than life moveset, too. Even if it's all a character, it's still what the character says to me.

I understand that you like Superman, but right now, in the wrasslin' world at least, Spider-Man is what is hot. Sure, he is a geek, he is small, he doesn't always win the fight, but...

He's still a superhero.

Keep in mind a couple things:

-- I am a hateful man
-- I enjoy watching others suffer
-- I will suffer for a bit if it means other people will suffer more in the long run

Once you know that, then everything I say makes sense.
I hate Spider-Man too. SO MUCH. My god.

Just know that whatever wrestler and era you enjoy? It sucks and I hate it, mark.

Also, they gotta work up the roster like they did Goldberg. First you got the turbo-jobbers like Jerry Flynn, then the normal jobbers like Glacier, then move up to the midcard dudes like Dean Melanko and Perry Saturn, and finally the main event guys like DDP and Hogan.

Don't have Rusev wrestling JTG and Xavier Woods for 3-4 months, bro

They announce the matches 1 by 1. No set time. Most likely it will be:

Bryan vs Kane

Shield vs Evolution

Cena vs Wyatt

Tamina vs Paige

Cesaro vs Big E

Usos vs Rybaxel

Rusev vs Rtruth or jobber

Big Show vs Sandow lol not going on the main card

rvd and BNB should be somewhere on the card too. Maybe vs each other
Lawd I was just looking at my projected extreme rules card and it's fucking terrible. Swerve me wwe. Only thing I'm excited for is the Big E heel turn to join with Zeb.

Verendus

Banned
Daniel Bryan ain't no Spider-Man.

More like that troll from under the bridge somewhere who somehow managed to stumble into the real world and accomplish something.

There are limits to insulting even fictional beings.

Top Bottom