• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

Rapstah

What was supposed to happen was someone was supposed to be all chocked at the idea of Albert ever beating Brock Lesnar and I, connaisseur of all things Albert, would reveal that they did that as a Heat dark match once before Lesnar had debuted.

In a recent interview Kota Ibushi revealed he has been banned from wrestling at the Budokan after the owners and Kobashi asked that he not do a moonsualt off of the balcony. Kota ignored the request and was promptly banned from ever returning to the building.

Lol

Carnby

Remember when Austin and Shawn Michaels fueded for one month and had an awesome match at King of the Ring 1997? That was such a good match and fued but ended abruptly due to Shawn's injury.

Alucard

Banned
Don't hate on Punk, bros. He made watching the WWE in 2013 bearable and had match of the year candidates against Taker and Lesnar.

I fucking hate TNA
and you

I knew you would appreciate that Man of Steel-esque background music.

1269_70eaefc5bc6bfbfdd6ffa7ba31cfa7c1_m.jpg

You will give the people of WrassleGAF an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun, Eric. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders.

Vylash

Were they? Only thing I can remember that was a highlight was the big butyrate they got for Joe-Angle, which was great. But they never came close to that again, even when they moved to Mondays.

They were incredible when Scott D'amore was booking, their PPV buyrates were through the roof and they were really on the rise, then they had Russo come in and I think one of the first things he did was have Angle beat Joe, it was all downhill from there

Remember when TNA signed King Mo to a contract
that he's still on
The roster page on TNA's website is the most poorly maintained thing I've ever seen, they still have Joseph Park and Brooke Tessmacher on there

They were incredible when Scott D'amore was booking, their PPV buyrates were through the roof and they were really on the rise, then they had Russo come in and I think one of the first things he did was have Angle beat Joe, it was all downhill from there

Oh, never watched them then. I got into wrestling in early '07.

somedevil

Were they? Only thing I can remember that was a highlight was the big butyrate they got for Joe-Angle, which was great. But they never came close to that again, even when they moved to Mondays.

Well they had bright spots and were chanted at Raw when crap was going on like that Trump vs Rosie thing they did.

TNA basically really screwed themselves when they took the shows on the road. It burned a lot of money with no returns. That got them to what they are today. The writing has gone back to 2011 crap and no one knows if Spike will sign on with them again.

edit: I love how Prince Devitt has stopped posting tweets after he left New Japan. Guess you don't want to say much when your negotiating with the WWE or deciding to jump on the titanic if he goes to TNA.

Well they had bright spots and were chanted at Raw when crap was going on like that Trump vs Rosie thing they did.

TNA basically really screwed themselves when they took the shows on the road. It burned a lot of money with no returns. That got them to what they are today. The writing has gone back to 2011 crap and no one knows if Spike will sign on with them again.

They've signed James Storm, Gunner, and Robbie E. to multi-year deals. TNA isn't going away.

Sorry to disappoint you.

I just bought a TNA DVD for 3 bucks at my local record store

It wasn't even an impulse buy, bc I wasn't sure if I wanted to be seen buying a TNA product

Ithil

The Fandango/Summer Rae split was actually done because she is out filming “The Marine 4,” with Miz and they needed a reason to explain her not being there. She’ll come back as a singles heel coming off her Total Divas role. Miz, who stars in the movie, will also be out while filming. Tons of people noticed her being gone after just missing Raw. Nobody will notice he’s gone. Both are scheduled back on 5/16.

This excerpt from the news section in the Observer this week got me chuckling. Meltzer loves taking potshots at Miz.

KidDork

Getting back into wrestling,oddly, because of the Retronauts episode about old wrestling games.

So is playing the Attitude segment of WWE 13 a good way to continue my return home?

Sblargh

Banned
Watching Shimmer is a lot of fun, like, really a lot, it's different than WWE, but I would say as fun.
I get, tho, when HHH says they lack psychology in general; matches are usually spot to spot to spot to spot and the selling is kind of weird to see, too; it's not Eva Marie level of not selling, but they usually go for the pantomine and comic effect, I don't if intentional or not.

But anyway, yeah, girls are great, I haven't watched it all yet to say a favorite and am not familiar enough with them to name names anyway, but props to Leva Bates with the gambit cosplay. That is awesome gambit cosplay.

Tim-E

TNA's library doesn't really offer anything of value to the WWE, so I don't see them buying their library. They bought up tons of Territory era stuff because it's important to wrestling history. They bought WCW because they were serious competition and that alone is valuable to them. ECW had a signfiicant impact on WWE's product. WWE are hoarders of wrestling history and I don't think TNA really fits into their narrative of wrestling history.

Top Bottom