• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

Watching Shimmer is a lot of fun, like, really a lot, it's different than WWE, but I would say as fun.
I get, tho, when HHH says they lack psychology in general; matches are usually spot to spot to spot to spot and the selling is kind of weird to see, too; it's not Eva Marie level of not selling, but they usually go for the pantomine and comic effect, I don't if intentional or not.

But anyway, yeah, girls are great, I haven't watched it all yet to say a favorite and am not familiar enough with them to name names anyway, but props to Leva Bates with the gambit cosplay. That is awesome gambit cosplay.
This is very relevant to my interests. Which Shimmer event is this

TNA's library doesn't really offer anything of value to the WWE, so I don't see them buying their library. They bought up tons of Territory era stuff because it's important to wrestling history. They bought WCW because they were serious competition and that alone is valuable to them. ECW had a signfiicant impact on WWE's product. WWE are hoarders of wrestling history and I don't think TNA really fits into their narrative of wrestling history.

I think they'll buy it just to own everything that was ever any kind of major. The more they own, the more DVDs and Network subs they can sell. Plus, they have Sting under contract now, so they could want his stuff so that they can own his whole career in a sense.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I don't like TNA but as a hate watch/to see certain gimmick matches on the Network? I'd probably spend a few months watching it.

Leva is awesome . She cosplays for every match

tumblr_n43sn1nzDL1rt59e8o2_250.png

813943530.jpg

I think they'll buy it just to own everything that was ever any kind of major. The more they own, the more DVDs and Network subs they can sell. Plus, they have Sting under contract now, so they could want his stuff so that they can own his whole career in a sense.
TNA wrestling history won't bring many new people to the WWE network, if they got offered to own the rights for cheap they will probably take it though.WWE is better off spending its money on original content to draw new people to the network, that is were they are lacking.

TNA wrestling history won't bring many new people to the WWE network, if they got offered to own the rights for cheap they will probably take it though.WWE is better off spending its money on original content to draw new people to the network, that is were they are lacking.

They library will probably be sold for a low price, so it's almost a no risk proposition for them. It's not about being able to say "we have the TNA library", it's about being able to say "we have every single sort of significant wrestling library of the past 35 years". It by itself may not bring a bunch of people, but it is an addition to an already huge backlog of content.

I'm really in the mood for a good wrestling game. Shame there isn't a recent one out there. I really can't support the garbage yukes throws out there. It's the same reason I stopped buying madden years ago.

somedevil

Some News:

Brock Lesnar is not booked for the WWE Extreme Rules pay-per-view and likely won't be back until SummerSlam. There's been speculation that he may challenge Daniel Bryan for the WWE World Heavyweight Title.

Hope that happens

ESPN is expected to make a major play for Renee Young soon. She has impressed a lot of the networks with her smoothness in her work with WWE since coming from The Score.

Noo!!

Sblargh

Banned
Alright sweet

That means he still has time for his main event push, right? Right?!

It's what I think for anyone under 30. Even for anyone under 35. You won't be Cena and stay 10 years at the top, but he and other young people have all a solid chance to eventually being main event material.

KissVibes

Banned
That means he still has time for his main event push, right? Right?!

It'll probably never happen.

They were building a big storyline around him, Sandow, and the WHC. It flatlined and Cena got the WHC and magically beat Sandow in his cash-in attempt after being beaten on for like ten minutes by Damien.

They were building a storyline around The Rhodes versus The McMahons. It was going and then SWERVE! IT WAS REALLY ALL ABOUT THE BIG SHOW.

Now him and Goldust are in tag team hell and while hey, both are totally great at wrestling. I hope Cody will get a big singles push to being world champion. He's been fantastic for years. An absolute natural.

I bet we don't even get the Goldust vs Cody WM retirement match.

TNA's library doesn't really offer anything of value to the WWE, so I don't see them buying their library. They bought up tons of Territory era stuff because it's important to wrestling history. They bought WCW because they were serious competition and that alone is valuable to them. ECW had a signfiicant impact on WWE's product. WWE are hoarders of wrestling history and I don't think TNA really fits into their narrative of wrestling history.
WWE will be the only bidder just like they were with ecw so they will buy it cheap just for the sake of buying it. There's no reason not too.

and in 15 years there will probably be idiots clamoring for the good old days when tna existed, even though it was pretty much horrible the whole time. See: WCW and their library content.

They have the last matches of Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage, Mick Foley, Chris Candido and years of Sting, Angle and Hardy matches. Even if they don't want to give it any importance I see them buying it.

You guys think we will ever see any of this pile of crap on the network:

"Although not wrestling content, WWE's holdings also include footage from the XFL (2001), the World Bodybuilding Federation (1990-1992), motion pictures from WWE Films (2002-present), the Hulk Hogan film No Holds Barred, as well as the Hulk Hogan's Rock 'n Wrestling CBS cartoon series."

I hope so.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You guys think we will ever see any of this pile of crap on the network:

"Although not wrestling content, WWE's holdings also include footage from the XFL (2001), the World Bodybuilding Federation (1990-1992), motion pictures from WWE Films (2002-present), the Hulk Hogan film No Holds Barred, as well as the Hulk Hogan's Rock 'n Wrestling CBS cartoon series."

I hope so.

I hope so too. I doubt we'll ever see XFL. Probably low on their priority list. Rock n' Wrestling needs to show up though, same with WBF for obvious reasons.

Top Bottom