• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

Brock Lesnar is married to Sable. TIL. I can't imagine she has aged well.

Depends on your definition of well.

lesnar-sable.jpg

I don't think I do. I don't try to at least. Just a lot of radical opinions around here. I wasn't knocking the pants, I was just asking if there was any meaning to it. Jeez guys.

You would've blown a gasket this morning. Team Brotista/Striations was in full effect. They're only half-kidding. At least half hopefully.

So today I learned, Punk turned down a Wrestlemania 27 match involving him and Daniel Bryan for the US title

Punk said his character wasn't on the level of Bryan and the US title at that time. Then he's pissed about jobbing to Orton that PPV and I'm like bro, this could've been a hot program. Punk really needs to get his head out of his ass sometimes. He could've easily elevated himself, Daniel Bryan, The US title, and that Wrestlemania. I just thought it was a very selfish thing to do on Punk's part because if that match happened, Bryan and Sheamus probably wouldn't have been bumped. But who knows that Punk/Bryan match could've been bumped as well.

Aiii

So not worth it
Speaking of Punk, Mick Foley just posted this on Facebook:
PROPS FOR PUNK
Yes, the response to that funny photo of CM Punk on a milk carton was incredible. While I respect everybody's opinion – as long as it is given in a respectful way, I have to disagree with those out there who find great fault in Punk's simply walk away. I am kind of like a ghost that drifts in and out of WWE, but in my past three years of drifting, I have never been to a WWE event where Punk was not in considerable pain. Ice packs, heating pads, and visits to the trainer were as much a part of his daily routine as eating. sleeping, and wrestling. Performing at that level, in that degree of pain was only possible when accompanied by the passion that turned an unlikely Indy kid into one of the greatest WWE superstars of his generation. Once that passions gone, then so are all of the things that made him great. I know what it feels like to go through the motions, and to do what needs to be done solely for the paycheck. It's not pretty – and though I have not talked to Punk since the night before he left, I have to believe he has too much respect for what he does to let people see him going through the motions. If or when that day comes when CM punk returns to WWE, I hope it's with that same passion that made so many of you care about him to begin with.

Ithil

I'm dead. This is exactly the problem I have with the Bellas. I'm sure they are nice, intelligent ladies from what I've heard from their Rosenberg radio interview.

Not only is the dialogue wretched, but neither of them can talk or act for shit, so it's shit dialogue read out terribly.

Laserfrog

Brie: Hi twin! Are you thinking what I'm thinking?
Nikki: Yes twin, yes I am.
Brie: Good.
Nikko: Yes, it is good.
Brie: I know it's good, I just said that.
Nikki: I know you know I just said that.
Brie: Shut up Nikki I can't stand you anymore, you're like the free air at a gas station.
Nikki: What? Useful?
Brie: Yes Nikki, useful, when I need a bit extra in my tires the free air is a godsend.
Nikki: it sure is twin! You know what else I like to get at the gas station?
Nikki & Brie: WWE Magazine! It's great!
*Crash Zoom into faces*
*Fade to black*

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of Punk, Mick Foley just posted this on Facebook:
This is what happens when you bust your ass to build your own legacy then walk away in the midst of a hissy fit. You shit over what you built. Adios.

Give them credit for their continued desperation to be famous outside of wrestling?

I'll give them credit for opening an entirely new form of revenue for the company and killing it in the ratings for E! That alone makes them the least bit more business savvy. A lot of ladies LOVE Total Divas, it's a success strory in and of itself. It's also entertaining as hell when it wants to be. Last Sunday's episode I could take or leave unfortunately.

Again, if they were the ones that pitched the reality show. That could be false for all I know.

why isn't laserfrog writing total divas

why isn't laserfrog writing all wrestling
Anyone else notice Serene likes to pick arguments about every little thing?
Bruh is rising up and getting NOTICED

I'm just glad that his run of posting way more happened after he changed his avi from JBL to Paige

This is what happens when you bust your ass to build your own legacy then walk away in the midst of a hissy fit. You shit over what you built. Adios.

Bro, were you backstage? Let's not jump the gun here and underestimate the real reasons of what made Punk leaving. He could be legit hurt or burned out, which is a very real thing. Unless you have Warrior's school of thought of pushing yourself to the limit, I can't possibly hate on what Punk did because we simply know too little.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bro, were you backstage? Let's not jump the gun here and underestimate the real reasons of what made Punk leaving. He could be legit hurt or burned out, which is a very real thing. Unless you have Warrior's school of thought of pushing yourself to the limit, I can't possibly hate on what Punk did because we simply know too little.

You're defending him pretty hard. WHAT DO YOU KNOW DOCTOR?

WHAT DO YOU KNOW? YOU KNOW SOMETHING!

Rapstah

I'm now picturing a promo where both Brie and Nikki bella are too scared to fight someone in a Falls Count Anywhere match, calling for the return of Cactus Bella.

No man, you gotta hate him. He walked out on you. He couldn't have possibly be burned out from staying two years past when he wanted. He couldn't possibly have just wanted to rest after doing this nonstop for so long. He walked out that door on all of us. So we have to hate him.

You're defending him pretty hard. WHAT DO YOU KNOW DOCTOR?

WHAT DO YOU KNOW? YOU KNOW SOMETHING!

All I'm saying is thinking Punk had a hissy fit in thinking he wasn't positioned well enough for Mania is incredibly short-sighted, even though Mick Foley (a man who knows a thing or two about being on the road and the ins and outs of being on the roster) said it himself that he hasn't seen Punk when he's not hurting or in need of a doctor. He made his decision and the nature of those decisions are for his thoughts only.

Vylash

No man, you gotta hate him. He walked out on you. He couldn't have possibly be burned out from staying two years past when he wanted. He couldn't possibly have just wanted to rest after doing this nonstop for so long. He walked out that door on all of us. So we have to hate him.

Punk was apparently burned out and hurting all through his title run, had to be his dedication and motivation that kept him going, once that was gone he had no reason to stick around, though I don't agree with him at least not giving them enough time to write him out of storylines,left poor Kane high and dry and that wasn't right

Top Bottom