• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

20140414_ER_MATCHES_LIGHT_HP_divas.jpg

Yeah, I knew that, just wasn't sure why AJ wasn't around.

Apparently she's just listed as being injured and she's actually taking some time off.

Ah, I see. She'll probably be back sooner or later.

Sokantish

Punk and AJ taking breaks when they're not holding the title/the spotlight in their division
https://24.media.tumblr.com/61105222b99e005ab4b452fbce015510/tumblr_n3vq91JQks1qevcs2o2_250.gif[/IG]
#teamplayers[/QUOTE]

Should they take breaks when they are holding the belt?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Sokantish, do you think Randy Orton should have taken a 'break' when he was stuck feuding with Sheamus/Big Show over... nothing?

Granted, Randy's schedule is clearly nowhere near as long lasting or grueling as AJ's, of course.

Sokantish

Sokantish, do you think Randy Orton should have taken a 'break' when he was stuck feuding with Sheamus/Big Show over... nothing?

Granted, Randy's schedule is clearly nowhere near as long lasting or grueling as AJ's, of course.

I'm fine with Randy Orton taking a break at ANYTIME for as long as he wants

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Okay, just wondering. I wouldn't call being treated like an afterthought as a champion and losing to the Rock twice in a row "a huge rub" though. I still think he should have at least won the RR match between them.

I would think being selected as one of a handful of people who gets to have a match with one of the biggest names in modern Hollywood and one of the biggest names of all time in your particular 'sport' as a huge rub.

But that's just me.

I would think being selected as one of a handful of people who gets to have a match with one of the biggest names in modern Hollywood and one of the biggest names of all time in your particular 'sport' as a huge rub.

But that's just me.

To me, it's not who you are matched up with, but how you are treated in that match-up. If you put DB in a match with Lesnar and he gets the shit kicked out of him and wins with a roll-up, then Bryan gains nothing, or at most very little. Just as I think Punk gained little from talking a big game then losing to the Rock twice, even after interference the first time. A bit of an extreme example, but the point is the same.

I'll add that if this is what you meant by me arguing, then I think you are misunderstanding. I'm not telling you that you are wrong. I'm merely explaining my thought process.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm just trying to spring my Aiii trap anyways.

It worked on punk fanboy #2 Ithil though. Don't know where Pepsi or Ninja are.

jred2k

He is inventing a narrative where they are whiny children throwing toys out of the pram for not getting a lollipop because...I don't know, ask him.
Yet if Punk was around half-assing it and putting on shitty matches, it would likely be constant bitching about how sloppy he looks.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yet if Punk was around half-assing it and putting on shitty matches, it would likely be constant bitching about how sloppy he looks.

Why can't he just put on good matches and have them with guys like The Wyatts or Kane instead of just vanishing?

Why's it either/or?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Bro, that part of the movie plus indie wrestler bat guy was SO corny. It's like the producer's son and daughter wrote up their deviantart characters for the movie.

jred2k

Why can't he just put on good matches and have them with guys like The Wyatts or Kane instead of just vanishing?

Why's it either/or?

By all accounts, judging by his pre-walkout interviews, he was burnt out both physically and mentally. He wasn't happy with the quality so went away. It wasn't like he would suddenly recharge by continuing the same lifestyle. respect that a lot more than someone willing to just do whatever they're told and collect a paycheck.

Obviously he could have handled it more professionally, but we really know so little it's kind of shitty to speculate. It could just be an injury they didn’t want to give him time off for considering the time of year it was.

Edgeward

They havent edited Adam Rose's old music out from his first appearance on NXT. Makes me want to hold out hope HHH will swerve us and he debuts with the real theme instead of the knock off.

Knox

I can't wait for the feud where Bo Dallas fights to get his brother back from the spirit that is possessing him.

Their characters actually make for a potentially hilarious feud. Bo is blindly optimistic and Bray sees the world as a terrible place. You don't even need to bring up the fact that they're brothers (probably better for Bray's character that they don't).

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Bro, that part of the movie plus indie wrestler bat guy was SO corny. It's like the producer's son and daughter wrote up their deviantart characters for the movie.

They pretty much served the purpose of giving Rama additional asses to kick.
Batboy's death made his very existence worth it for me.

Their characters actually make for a potentially hilarious feud. Bo is blindly optimistic and Bray sees the world as a terrible place. You don't even need to bring up the fact that they're brothers (probably better for Bray's character that they don't).

I always go back to Bray acknowledging on Twitter that he's basically just possessing Husky Harris.

Ric Flair

Banned
I'm just watching the last RAW right now, that tribute video was really touching. Warrior died way to young, just like so many of his peers. It's a damn shame

Alucard

Banned
I wonder how TNA will pay tribute to the Ultimate Warrior during tomorrow's Impact?

They put up an image to start off the show last week. And it was on their website too.

Gonna miss Impact tomorrow since I'll be on the road for 6 hours driving to my parents' house for the holidays.

Top Bottom