• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Your prize is getting buried.
RhgFFfP.gif

You secured a tag for him?!

Wait, you can do that?!?

My friends apartment was completely filled with legit shook people, even non-wrestling fans were shook.

Wrestlemania xXx: The Night Brock Lesnar Legit Shook The World.

The best moment of ever. Can't recall the last time I saw an entire area get so shook. Super Dome was a gotdamn James Bond martini, breh. Wrestling's done. I should just stop watching because it gets no better.

Heel

Was it just me, or was the crowd pretty tepid for John Cener? I don't know if that speaks to the angle not going over, the general weirdness and above-average complexity of the match's storyline, the potency's of Wyatt's promos, or John's current buzz as a midcarder. It was just pretty striking to me.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I find it amusing that a few months ago this looked like one of the all-time worst Wrestlemanias on paper. Turned out to be the best in years. Go figure.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
The only way I would have been ok with Cena winning is if he slapped in the STFU and Wyatt started singing "he has the whole world in his hands" until he passed out. Cena winning in typical Cena fashion was a bad end to a very good match.

Guzim

Wrestlemania xXx: The Night Brock Lesnar Legit Shook The World.

The best moment of ever. Can't recall the last time I saw an entire area get so shook. Super Dome was a gotdamn James Bond martini, breh. Wrestling's done. I should just stop watching because it gets no better.

Watching that moment again, one of the best parts is how the crowd is silent during the count because they expected Taker to kick out.

It has been announced that Prince Devitt has officially sent out a notice for his resignation from New Japan Pro Wrestling.

The Chairman of NJPW, Naoki Sugabayashi, has officially revealed that Prince Devitt has received a proposal of resignation from Devitt. Sugabayashi stated that he is willing to continue negotiations with Devitt and hopes that a relationship between the two parties can be continued in the future. Though at this time it Devitt has stated that his match at Ryogoku is his “last show”.

Sugabayashi stated that he will honor Devitt’s request if that is indeed what he wishes to do, but negotiations do indeed to still be open as well.

It's happening

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
How the hell am I going to deal with a month of this fucking face as my avatar

Thorakai

Brock needs to come to Raw tomorrow with Undertaker's powers. I want to see that man summon a lightning tornado when he does an F5 now.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
The only way I would have been ok with Cena winning is if he slapped in the STFU and Wyatt started singing "he has the whole world in his hands" until he passed out. Cena winning in typical Cena fashion was a bad end to a very good match.

Agreed. Cena gets his win and Bray still looks good, and not to mention that would just be creepy as fuck.

Brock needs to come to Raw tomorrow with Undertaker's powers. I want to see that man summon a lightning tornado when he does an F5 now.

That would be hilarious, he comes out dressed like the Undertaker copying Shawn Michaels or when Punk came out dressed as Jeff Hardy.

Was it just me, or was the crowd pretty tepid for John Cener? I don't know if that speaks to the angle not going over, the general weirdness and above-average complexity of the match's storyline, the potency's of Wyatt's promos, or John's current buzz as a midcarder. It was just pretty striking to me.

Above average complexity? It was lifted wholesale from The Dark Knight's interrogation scene. "Break your one rule". Give me a break.

I'm surprised DMczaf could post despite the jizz on his keyboard.

The crowd reaction to Cena/Wyatt was very surprising to me. I thought Wyatt would have been more over, Cena would have more heat, and that they had the best build-up going into Mania. Crowd just didn't seem all that interested though

I find it amusing that a few months ago this looked like one of the all-time worst Wrestlemanias on paper. Turned out to be the best in years. Go figure.

While I agree, it's mostly because it had a couple good Mania moments, I thought the actual ring work was average at best

Watching that moment again, one of the best parts is how the crowd is silent during the count because they expected Taker to kick out.

The best BEST moment is that second wave of shock and awe like 15 seconds after the pin. I'm guessing they changed the "21-0" graphic on the screens. Either that or the POWER of the moment was so huge that there was an aftershock of pure SHOOK running through the arena.

So good. The Ultimate Wrestlemania moment.

Brock leveled up in UFC and came back to conquer the streak. UFC was a grind area in the JRPG that is "combat sports entertainment."

Heel

Above average complexity? It was lifted wholesale from The Dark Knight's interrogation scene. "Break your one rule". Give me a break.

I'm surprised DMczaf could post despite the jizz on his keyboard.

bean breath, this is professional wrestling. It was definitely above average for this venue of entertainment. It may have actually involved thinking.

strobogo

Banned
What a fun WrestleMania.

100% agree. The best WM in YEARS. I think the best over all since 19. Even with the straight up bad Taker/Bork match and a battle royal that sucked like all battle royals until the last 5 or 6 guys, and the terrible finish to Bray vs Cena.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
nobody takes me seriously with this goddamn avatar. I hate this

Here's my live experience review in short sentences:

Awesome preshow match. Yay Cesaro.

I cried when Austin's music hit.

Lost my fucking shit during the HHH match.

Rested my eyes during the Shield's match.

Took me a few minutes to realize Cesaro was in the Battle Royal. HE FUCKING WON. YES!

Bray Wyatt's entrance was dope. Story in the ring was good. This angle will last a while.

Cool. Hall of Fame

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TAKER LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO

Crazy near falls for the main event. Lost my shit. D Bry wins. Lost my shit. So much shit lost. Cried. Pointed in the air. YES YES YES. Cried more. Hugged people

And yes, I think Taker losing is fucking hilarious

Saltiness over the Gracies getting tv time too. :)

It just perplexes me - maybe if the crowd seemed to give a damn the matches would at least have some heat to them. The kindest thing I can say about the match today was that it wasn't as bad as everyone was expecting. It was still bad, though.

Also, while Rolles shows signs that he might 'get' pro-wrestling, Daniel Gracie looks constantly petrified in everything he does.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

I just wanted him to buy into the gimmick. Instead he just stayed super face the entire goddamn time.

dream

It just perplexes me - maybe if the crowd seemed to give a damn the matches would at least have some heat to them. The kindest thing I can say about the match today was that it wasn't as bad as everyone was expecting. It was still bad, though.

Also, while Rolles shows signs that he might 'get' pro-wrestling, Daniel Gracie looks constantly petrified in everything he does.

I hope you get to see "Ice Cream" Kron Gracie one day, friend. He is the total sports entertainment package.

Top Bottom