• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Fucking GOAT. I love you, Brock.
1396842607922t6uao.gif

Edgeward

I liked how they had shenanigans in the triple threat but it had no bearing on the outcome. It provided a spark and added intrigue. Good job on whoever booked that

dream

Casual wrestling fans, like the ones who post in wrestlinggaf's infernal OT threads, are nuts and don't deserve Brock. They just don't deserve him.

Brock is the best thing going.

FAVE FIVE:

1. Brock.
2. Bork
3. Bork Laser
4. Brock Lesnar
5. Tears of the WWE universe

I forseen't it in 2003. I knew this was coming, but nobody believed. Brock takes his rightful place on the throne.

Wrestling featuring BROCK LESNAR

Casual wrestling fans, like the ones who post in wrestlinggaf's infernal OT threads, are nuts and don't deserve Brock. They just don't deserve him.

dream, with your vast MMA knowledge, maybe you can answer me this question. Who would win in a shoot MMA duel, Batista or diverticulitis Brock?

Sblargh

Banned
I liked how they had shenanigans in the triple threat but it had no bearing on the outcome. It provided a spark and added intrigue. Good job on whoever booked that

They swerved the swerves! That's a double swerve! Two double swerves is you count the stretcher.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
dream, with your vast MMA knowledge, maybe you can answer me this question. Who would win in a shoot MMA duel, Batista or diverticulitis Brock?

no-brainer. lesnar. batista's jab can't even break wind.

dream

FAVE FIVE:

1. Brock.
2. Bork
3. Bork Laser
4. Brock Lesnar

I forseen't it in 2003. I knew this was coming, but nobody believed. Brock takes his rightful place on the throne.

Seriously. Meanwhile, the mealy-mouthed marks are like, "bu-bu-bu-but he's not full-time!" Shut the f up. He's still the most compelling and talented person on the roster, and I have a feeling Undertaker handpicked him to break the streak because Brock is a real fighter, unlike the rest of the acrobats and gymnasts in the WWE.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
A low card match on WCW 2000 would have 3 times as many swerves as that main event and about a fifth of the length. SEE also TNA during the Russo era.

EDIT: Holy crap a buddy of mine won 1,200 bucks betting on Bork Laser.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fave Five, post-Mania;

1. Daniel Bryan
2. Tomohiro Ishii
3. Ricochet
4. Tetsuya Naito
5. H's (grudgingly)

Honourable Mention; Cesaro

It's like someone sapped the POWER and GLORY out of your body and with the exception of Ishii and Tribble Ache, you have no striations in your list.

YOU'VE GOTTA WANT IT!

FAVE FIVE:

1. Brock.
2. Bork
3. Bork Laser
4. Brock Lesnar

Bring back the Raw Supershow starring Brock Lesnar.

edit: lol, just in time

Bryan now has to face his biggest challenge yet, to still be over and liked now that he isn't the underdog.

Die a hero or live to see yourself become the villain

dream

There's even one clown who is trying to argue that Brock isn't a good worker. Go paint your face and try to find me a better worked fight than Brock vs. Punk in the past year.

Now's time for the WWE to really let the new talent fill in for the part time guys. I don't want to see a taker or hhh match next year. I'm fine with lesnar being a part time big name worker but I'm over the streak and over hhh hogging top matches on mania cards. There is nothing that says half the guys in the battle royal tonight can't carry what's currently going.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Brock Lesnar is the best thing about WWE
Katsuyori Shibata is the best thing about NJPW

AND YOU GUYS CALLED INOKIS FAKE MMA LOVE CRAZY YOU ALL LAUGHED NOW WHO'S LAUGHING

Seriously. Meanwhile, the mealy-mouthed marks are like, "bu-bu-bu-but he's not full-time!" Shut the f up. He's still the most compelling and talented person on the roster, and I have a feeling Undertaker handpicked him to break the streak because Brock is a real fighter, unlike the rest of the acrobats and gymnasts in the WWE.

Bingo. Who was 'Taker going to drop the streak too? A skinny fat comic book geek? A guy who only is pushed as a legend because of who he married? A guy whose ass he almost had to kick because he wouldn't do the right thing at Wrestlemania 14? Nope, 'Taker dropped the Streak to the last real man in wrestling.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
Real talk, I'd have no problem Lensar beating the crap out of Bryan and winning the title next month at Extreme Rules.

Ugh, but Batista's gonna win it at MITB or SummerSlam cuz GOTG and stuff. I don't want Lesnar to have a 2 month reign.

Never mind.

Bingo. Who was 'Taker going to drop the streak too? A skinny fat comic book geek? A guy who only is pushed as a legend because of who he married? A guy whose ass he almost had to kick because he wouldn't do the right thing at Wrestlemania 14? Nope, 'Taker dropped the Streak to the last real man in wrestling.

Man, this would have been much better if he was undefeated since returning imo, but whatever he beat the streak. He's got that going for him.

Lesnar's resume is dope as fuck:

NCAA Heavyweight Champion
Youngest* WWE Champion
2002 King Of The Ring
2003 Royal Rumble Winner
IWGP Heavyweight Champion
UFC Heavyweight Champion
Defeats The Streak

EDIT: Brock needs to bring the Viking beard back.

Heel

Bryan now has to face his biggest challenge yet, to still be over and liked now that he isn't the underdog.

Die a hero or live to see yourself become the villain

Agree fully. This was always about the chase, and now it's over. I have a feeling this "yes" gimmick is going to get tired real quick now that his "movement" has accomplished its goal.

It's also possible a lot of these wrestling hipsters will find some other obscure indie goober to champion now that he's gone mainstream.

Bryan vs HHH was the best actual match, but as a segment with bad guys, good guys, swerves, and so on, the main event was excellent.

This is wrestling, man. A guy gets put in a stretcher, fights his way out, defeats other two people and his shoulder heals so he can properly celebrate the win.

I'm not being ironic or anything. This is the art of fake fighting.

The amount of times this escapes peoples minds astounds me.

And the amount of suspension and intrigue WWE can do sometimes, is something not enough people give them credit for.

One of the all time great Wrestlemanias.

Deal with it.

Agree fully. This was always about the chase, and now it's over. I have a feeling this "yes" gimmick is going to get tired real quick now that his "movement" has accomplished its goal.

It's also possible a lot of these wrestling hipsters will find some other obscure indie goober to champion now that he's gone mainstream.

Yo this Cesaro cat can go!

Dude Danny Boy is wrestling as champion and having matches. That enough is an attraction in itself.

There's even one clown who is trying to argue that Brock isn't a good worker. Go paint your face and try to find me a better worked fight than Brock vs. Punk in the past year.

I really don't understand that point of view. I'm not sure if we are talking about the same guy, but one poster was saying Brock was just another of Vince's guys who has size and nothing else, pure ridiculousness. The only problem with current day Brock is booking made the awful decisions to have him lose to HHH and Cena. Brock should have been built for two years for this moment, but oh well

Sblargh

Banned
Now's time for the WWE to really let the new talent fill in for the part time guys. I don't want to see a taker or hhh match next year. I'm fine with lesnar being a part time big name worker but I'm over the streak and over hhh hogging top matches on mania cards. There is nothing that says half the guys in the battle royal tonight can't carry what's currently going.

I think that's what this WM was all about. Who lost: HHH, NAO, Taker, Kane.

People that should be retiring. Cena and Orton can be the new "old guys" who are not actually old, just staples, like HHH and Jericho these past years.

I feel they finally realized they do have new talent, they can look to the future, they can celebrate nostalgia, but not feed from it. Next year's WM will probably have no one on the card coming from the Attitude Era.

I have a feeling Undertaker handpicked him to break the streak because Brock is a real fighter, unlike the rest of the acrobats and gymnasts in the WWE.

Makes sense, Taker always has been a huge fucking mark for MMA. I remember that one interview he did where he said he'd have chosen MMA over wrestling, had it been around when he was starting out.

Do you think that Ishii and Naito match last night was better than the New Beginning one?

I'd have to rewatch it, but yeah, it was better than their first match I'd say - some of those counter-for-counter spots were just amazing. Both guys are killing it with this rivalry.

dream

I really don't understand that point of view. I'm not sure if we are talking about the same guy, but one poster was saying Brock was just another of Vince's guys who has size and nothing else, pure ridiculousness. The only problem with current day Brock is booking made the awful decisions to have him lose to HHH and Cena. Brock should have been built for two years for this moment, but oh well

It's because wrestlinggaf threads in the OT attracts the same type of weirdos that mmagaf's OT threads bring in. This is why neither of our groups should ever discuss our respective "sports" outside of our communities.

The badass of the company. The only right choice, everyone else is a bum.

This guy knows. The only other choice was for Taker to retire undefeated.

Real talk, I'd have no problem Lensar beating the crap out of Bryan and winning the title next month at Extreme Rules.

He should win every title, then buy out the company and close everything down. Wrestling is finished in America as long as he's on the loose.

Finished because no one can beat him not because the ratings will bomb. Even if that happens I'm sure it'll be Daniel Bryan's fault.

Ithil

So:

Undertaker loses his Streak
Batista taps out clean
Big Show gets tossed
Triple H is pinned clean
Kane/NAO are straight up squashed

Cena....winslol.

Lesnar's resume is dope as fuck:

NCAA Heavyweight Champion
Youngest* WWE Champion
2002 King Of The Ring
2003 Royal Rumble Winner
IWGP Heavyweight Champion
UFC Heavyweight Champion
Defeats The Streak

EDIT: Brock needs to bring the Viking beard back.

Agree fully, Brock beats down Bryan tomorrow night, shaves off Bryan's beard and glues it to his own face.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

I can taste your sadness, friend.

Mahonay

Banned

If WWE actually had any sense they would easily realize this, and start thinking about where to take Bryan from here. Instead they're probably run this shit into the ground as they do with almost everything. Because wrasslin'.
Taker should come back as a biker. It's the only thing.
Show up on a RAW on a fixed gear bike wearing thick rimmed glasses and rolled up jeans. Biker Taker V2.

Updated New Japan cards - the Ishii/KUSHIDA match is on one of the Taiwan cards, so I hope they're iPPVs. Lots of NWA stuff, unfortunately. Also, random appearance by Mascara Dorada!

Conway's decent enough and it gives Bruce Tharpe more time to play crazy heel American on the mic so I'm okay with the NWA as long as they never bring bring Tarver and that other guy.

Haven't scene Invasion Attack yet with all of the Wrestle Mania stuff buy AJ gets an IWGP title shot right off the bat? That's kinda crazy. I thought they would put him against some like Nagata or Makabe first.

Top Bottom