• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Shouldn't you be watching Chikara or some shit?

RAW, please save me.

It's like being in hell, everyone treats me like a neckbeard instead of a striation-laden Lex Luger facsimile.

I hope you get to see "Ice Cream" Kron Gracie one day, friend. He is the total sports entertainment package.

Oh god yes

bean breath, this is professional wrestling. It was definitely above average for this venue of entertainment. It may have actually involved thinking.

What do you call Cesaro using a bodyslam to eliminate Big Show from the Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal?

Now that's subtle, tasteful storytelling.

Sephzilla

Surprised that the WWE actually decided to end the streak. How was the match?

Pretty bad actually. For me the match was in the bottom half of Taker Mania matches. Not Giant Gonzales tier or anything that horrible, but it just wasn't that good. Overall this was the worst booked Taker Mania feud in year.

DiscoJon

Banned
I think we can all agree that the real winner tonight was this man
4f56bab6f70aa819472b9447f5e6a861_crop_north.

Let the Cesaro Era begin!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, the use of framing was pretty striking during Mania (HHH running up behind Bryan during the slapping, etc.). Have they done much of this in the past? Great stuff.

They overdid it in some spots, but WWE has a hellacious crew.

I always notice when I watch other promotions but WWE's dudes work with the action AND do a phenomenal job of not getting each other in their shots. It's really impressive.

I'm sure BronsonLee will have something to elaborate on.

Not that great.

Taker's worst WM match since probably WM9. It was abysmal in my opinion.

Pretty bad actually. For me the match was in the bottom half of Taker Mania matches. Not Giant Gonzales tier or anything that horrible, but it just wasn't that good. Overall this was the worst booked Taker Mania feud in year.

Thanks for the responses. That sucks to hear given how good Taker's recent WM matches have been :( .

I wonder why he/they decided it to be Brock to end it? If anyone was going to break the Streak I always assumed it would be Cena.

charsace

Was it just me, or was the crowd pretty tepid for John Cener? I don't know if that speaks to the angle not going over, the general weirdness and above-average complexity of the match's storyline, the potency's of Wyatt's promos, or John's current buzz as a midcarder. It was just pretty striking to me.

Cena fucking blows and wins because he likes winning. I'm convinced that he only puts guys over because Vince forces him to. And people love to make the bullshit excuse that he has to win or else the kids will be upset and won't buy all his shit. If this is the case why didn't Stone Cold and Rock see a huge drop in merch sales when they would lose to Triple H? When Rock was putting over a midcard Jericho he wasn't hurt by losing matches to him. If losing can make Cena lose a large part of fanbase then Cena shouldn't be the man.

Pavaloo

Honestly just loved WM through and through. Opening was a lot of fun too and was kind of surreal.

Disappointed in how Wyatt/Cena ended, but it was a really memorable and fun match otherwise.

Oh yeah and it was nice that The Shield got a complete domination match. Unfortunate that it was so abrupt and that Rollins couldn't shine, but I guess they had time issues. I thought all the interrupted entrances were fun as well. They should've had Kane remember his time with the Wyatts and have them fight along side with him (minus Bray) for a better, longer match, but whatever I guess this match wouldn't even have happened if it weren't for NAO.

LEGIT SHOOK when Brock won. Holy shit. If anyone were to look the part of beast that destroys the streak, it would be Brock I guess. I remember hearing Taker wanted Brock to end it a long time ago, but Brock left for UFC. Either way Taker obviously couldn't do it anymore. It would've been better if Kane ended the streak or if CM Punk's match with Taker was the final match for him (a tribute to Paul too making it super fitting).

Divas honestly surprised me with a really fun match. They obviously took the prep seriously. Poor Cameron.

TRIPLE H WAS INCREDIBLE TONIGHT. The moment his entrance hit I was completely taken aback. The spectacle was incredible. Then when the crown is off and the lights go out and his real theme hits.. FUCKING HYPE. Mojo Riley wishes he was this hype. Seriously, the array of lasers, the massive stage, and the light underneath based H made it all phenomenal. Awestruck I can't help, but think - "and CM Punk didn't want to fight this guy?"

Main Event was great, Trips brought it back to life for sure. That double finisher to Bryan on the table was vicious. Legitimately scared for Orton's spine there, but fuck that was a cool spot. Unfortunately I caught the finish in chunks because the Network was having a few issues [ended up freezing completely when he got the straps] so I relented to just close it and watch it clean later tonight.

The amount of odds Bryan over came tonight is almost overwhelming. The rub this guy got. So well deserved. Again, Punk am cri.

FAVOURITE MATCH OF THE NIGHT!

THE ANDRE THE GIANT BATTLE ROYAL OF COURSE!

Man, I marked the fuck out. As soon as the match got to the final guys, it was just so fun. I literally said out loud "Holy shit Cesaro is in the final 2." Completely bewildered, waiting for Show's comeuppance. Then, and absolutely beautiful moment that will be played for the ages: Cesaro lifts the giant over his shoulders and carries him over the ropes. Incredible. I predicted Cesaro would win when the announced the battle royal, because he was doing the giant swing every week and was always called the throwback. Then WWE swerved everyone by not having him be one of the copious amount of superstars to announce his entry and by having him in another match. SHOUTOUT TO FANDANGO

Well done WWE, well done.

The future is bright!!

Okay one last time, I promise: HUEHEHEHEHE Jk man, honestly I'm really happy that I'm not pointing at this and going "damn he was right." Cause I almost believed it too.

Sephzilla

Thanks for the responses. That sucks to hear given how good Taker's recent WM matches have been :(

I wonder why he/they decided it to be Brock to end it? If anyone was going to break the Streak I always assumed it would be Cena.

Stuff on the internet is saying that Taker was taken to a hospital right after the match. So it's entirely possible that the ending changed because Taker was hurt. Honestly, I could believe that given that the build up for the match gave Brock a 0% chance of winning.

Why's he called "Ice Cream"?

Shame there's not much in the way of shootstyle promotions these days, other than Inoki's mess. He could wrestle Yoshiaki Fujiwara.

Thanks for the responses. That sucks to hear given how good Taker's recent WM matches have been :( .

We'll probably never know why, but Taker apparently decided it in 2010 that he wanted Brock to do it if he ever came back. Wish it'd been a better match though.

Brock was +5000 ($100 wins $5000) betting odds just 3 hours prior to the event. It went down to +850 right before the match, which is still a huge underdog, but that giant shift in odds isn't done on a whim.

bwtw

Neo Member
Brock was +5000 ($100 wins $5000) betting odds just 3 hours prior to the event. It went down to +850 right before the match, which is still a huge underdog, but that giant shift in odds isn't done on a whim.

What was interesting was also that Wyatt was a big favourite, as was Triple H in an initial ruling (but Bryan big favourite as a final ruling). Normally the winners are just all nailed 100%. I guess they leaked some fake info this time?

I think even if someone had seen that odds move for Lesnar, they still wouldn't believe he had a chance!

All right, can someone hook me up with an appropriate avatar so I can pay off my bet?

I'm not actually sure what my bet even looks like at this point, so just let me know.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Was it just me, or was the crowd pretty tepid for John Cener? I don't know if that speaks to the angle not going over, the general weirdness and above-average complexity of the match's storyline, the potency's of Wyatt's promos, or John's current buzz as a midcarder. It was just pretty striking to me.

I would love if crowds have finally reached the point with Cena where they just stop caring. Booing him for 10 years hasn't exactly accomplished anything so maybe pure apathy can finally inspire something inside him.

Heel

God he's got a great look. He looks almost like a cross between RKO and the Samoan guy in the Shield.

Agreed completely, friend. I feel like he would be a much bigger deal if Jimmy John Gracie and the like hadn't watered down the legacy.

Look, Kron can even do the weird gut undulations like his father, the great Rickson Gracie:

SeISwK7.jpg

What was interesting was also that Wyatt was a big favourite, as was Triple H in an initial ruling (but Bryan big favourite as a final ruling). Normally the winners are just all nailed 100%. I guess they leaked some fake info this time?

I think even if someone had seen that odds move for Lesnar, they still wouldn't believe he had a chance!

I saw a guy on a betting forum that took a $100 flyer on Lesnar at +2500 and won $2500. Wyatt ended up being an underdog before the match but the odds were still relatively close for wrestling standards. I saw Dolphin (that guy who says he has "inside information") complain about being fed fake info, but I think he probably saw the initial odds and went with it. It's really strange seeing the odds be so off on a few matches.

dream

Of course he did, because he was in a triple threat with 1 guy who can work like crazy, and another guy who's pretty good at being where he's supposed to be.

When in doubt, ADD MORE PEOPLE.

Man, even I think you're selling Daniel Bryan slightly short here.

Of course he did, because he was in a triple threat with 1 guy who can work like crazy, and another guy who's pretty good at being where he's supposed to be.

When in doubt, ADD MORE PEOPLE.

DON'T YOU GET TIRED OF BEING RIGHT

FUCKING BRAWK

WE NEED "LES" BROCK, IS WHAT WE NEED

I actually only got home in time to see the results of that match on my Twittah Masheen.

Top Bottom