• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

I got over the streak being broken about 30 seconds later because of how old, beat up, and fragile Taker looked. Taker winning would have been ridiculous. The very first bump he took looked like he was hurt. And every bump after that looked like he was dying. The match was bad and it bummed me out that Taker had to go out and try to put on a performance that his body couldn't do. I wish he would have stopped at WM28. That seemed like the perfect stopping point from a storyline, physical, and number standing point. End of and Era should have been the END. 20-0 looks better than 21-0. The story of 27 being so hard on him that he almost didn't come back, but did come back to end it all once and for all was a perfect ending point in my mind.

I agree with this. If he was to remain undefeated, that should've been it.

Oh well. But the memory remaaaaaaaiiiiiinnnss.

I got over the streak being broken about 30 seconds later because of how old, beat up, and fragile Taker looked. Taker winning would have been ridiculous. The very first bump he took looked like he was hurt. And every bump after that looked like he was dying. The match was bad and it bummed me out that Taker had to go out and try to put on a performance that his body couldn't do. I wish he would have stopped at WM28. That seemed like the perfect stopping point from a storyline, physical, and number standing point. End of and Era should have been the END. 20-0 looks better than 21-0. The story of 27 being so hard on him that he almost didn't come back, but did come back to end it all once and for all was a perfect ending point in my mind.

Well that's all up in the multi-verse now stro. Up there with Michael Hayes beating the streak.

Cena and Brock needs to fued so Brock gets his win back. There's no fucking excuses over that-- WHO AM I FUCKING KIDDING?

Razorskin

----- ------
Taker was writing checks his body couldn't catch.

ZnlssqV.gif

MG310

Taker was pretty clearly wincing every time he tried to stand up off the mat or prop himself up on the top turnbuckle. Kinda made it more impressive that he was able to walk Brock across the ring even if he couldn't lift him for the Last Ride.

Big One

Banned
You know if they're really going to do Taker vs. Sting next year, I'm actually kind of glad Undertaker ended his streak if they want to do a legitimate build. Now Taker looks like he could plausible lose against someone at Wrestlemania in the fan's eyes, aka Sting might have a real chance. This applies to anyone else who wrestles him in the future.

You know if they're really going to do Taker vs. Sting next year, I'm actually kind of glad Undertaker ended his streak if they want to do a legitimate build. Now Taker looks like he could plausible lose against someone at Wrestlemania in the fan's eyes, aka Sting might have a real chance. This applies to anyone else who wrestles him in the future.
I think Sting is all that's left. Pointless if anyone else faces him. Wrestle Sting and then retire.

Pavaloo

Yep I believe Orton is the first person to kick out. I was pretty shocked when Batista didn't win right then. They've really protected that finisher so it was VERY surprising seeing Orton kick out.

Hmm I thought so! I honestly thought Batista was going to pick up the win there. Ah! Great match! Orton deserves to be that guy I think. His rivalry with Bryan since the weak link saga has just been top notch.

Edgeward

I hope the Cesaro vs. Swagger feud is about who is the realest American, culminating with the winner at the next PPV retaining the We The People salute and theme song. That could have some entertaining segments.

Anth0ny

does anyone still care about a non-streak undertaker match?

especially since we've seen he's basically a zombie that is no longer capable of putting on a 4 star match, let alone a 5 star match =(

Razorskin

----- ------

especially since we've seen he's basically a zombie that is no longer capable of putting on a 4 star match, let alone a 5 star match =(

This.

Unless that match is a squash just so Vince can say fuck you WCW one more time.

Valravn

What if WWE deliberately booked the Lesnar-Taker match this way to generate this kind of response out of the fans? #heelcompany

And Sting-Undertaker WAS a dream match. And i think it will not happen at Wrestlemania 31. I mean the streak is over, whats the point? Wrestlemania has gotten a little less special now. I always thought Kane would be the one to break the streak. But im ok with Bork Laser doing it. I dont think he got injured during the match and they had to change the outcome of it. No, Undertaker's physical wellbeing was in poor shape the last couple of years, it was just a matter of time until Undertaker had to throw in the towel.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

I'm actually starting to change my mind on this. A Wrestlemania crowd could elevate Sting vs. Taker into a decent spectacle as long as the build up is good. The crowd didn't care at all about Brock/Taker (until the end of course) because the feud itself was awful and everyone assumed Taker would win anyway. The streak had already run it's course as far as what you can do to build up a match so I want to see what they can do without it.

lupinko

What if WWE deliberately booked the Lesnar-Taker match this way to generate this kind of response out of the fans? #heelcompany

And Sting-Undertaker WAS a dream match. And i think it will not happen at Wrestlemania 31. I mean the streak is over, whats the point? Wrestlemania has gotten a little less special now. I always thought Kane would be the one to break the streak. But im ok with Bork Laser doing it. I dont think he got injured during the match and they had to change the outcome of it. No, Undertaker's physical wellbeing was in poor shape the last couple of years, it was just a matter of time until Undertaker had to throw in the towel.

What's the point? Steve Borden wants to pull an Ultimo Dragon since performing at a WM is the only thing he's missing in his career.

If it's Sting I think plenty of people will care. And his match last year with Punk was pretty damn good.
Says a lot about Flair to be able to put on a hell of a match at WM 24 at 58
How much of that was Shawn though? I've been meaning to watch that match again though.

Edgeward

Outside of a couple moonsaults, there wasn't a lot of athleticism needed. Flair pulled enough of his weight and they worked the crowd real well.

Valravn

Hmmm, maybe they will change Undertaker's streak into a losing streak! :p
I see it now, Undertaker losing due to a botched Scorpion Deathdrop!

No, Sting wrestling at WM is just overdue. We all wanted to see it, but its too late now, imho.
I will still mark out when he appears tonight, though. ;)

Edgeward

Who else besides Rusev is gonna be showing up on Raw? My smark heart wants Paige and Zayn, but I know better.

If the new Paul Heyman guy is true, who it would be? It would be a great way to debut because it would piggyback off of Brock beating Taker. I would have liked Cesaro but he is too well liked for that to happen

Yo watching the replay, the knee-jerk from the audience is SOMETHING ELSE.

It was worth it for that alone. Most interesting thing going on for Brock. Legit that made his career now. I still can't believe it. Taker's an old-fashioned guy, I bet he would've wanted it. Whether or not it was the right decision to put it on Brock is all on him. But what Taker did was unimaginable and I commend the hell out of that.

This Wrestlemania was the greatest, fuck all the haters! Of course Monday can rectify it but MAN, this is surreal. They wanted to make history, and they did it. Bravo.

9/10 because fuck Cena.

Yo watching the replay, the knee-jerk from the audience is SOMETHING ELSE.

It was worth it for that alone. Most interesting thing going on for Brock. Legit that made his career now. I still can't believe it. Taker's an old-fashioned guy, I bet he would've wanted it. Whether or not it was the right decision to put it on Brock is all on him. But what Taker did was unimaginable and I commend the hell out of that.

This Wrestlemania was the greatest, fuck all the haters! Of course Monday can rectify it but MAN, this is surreal. They wanted to make history, and they did it. Bravo.

9/10 because fuck Cena.

At the end of the day it was always going to be Taker's call. No one else has the right to make it for him.

Her character wouldn't work on the main roster with AJ as champion, since she's an anti diva but AJ is already an anti-diva. Unless Paige does a 180 and comes in with a barbie doll look because that would the opposite to AJ.

She could just say she's everything AJ is, but better. Not that hard.

Watching this replay, they're calling pay-per-view, specials now. So that's a thing.

After the quality delivered by the network last night, PPV is officially dead. There were still question marks over how the network could handle a big event but it passed with flying colours last night. Buying a PPV will now forever be the wrong choice for the consumer. It's going to take some major fuck ups to ever get me to unsubscribe after last night.

After the quality delivered by the network last night, PPV is officially dead. There were still question marks over how the network could handle a big event but it passed with flying colours last night. Buying a PPV will now forever be the wrong choice for the consumer. It's going to take some major fuck ups to ever get me to unsubscribe after last night.

After how perfect the stream was, anybody who shells out $60 for a PPV is fucking nuts. If you have an HDTV and cable, I highly doubt you don have a game console, Roku box, tablet, laptop or PC you could hook up to your TV. Even if there was no tape library, the high quality, live PPVs enough is worth it. Everything else including the old PPVs, documentaries, TV shows, etc. is just pure gravy.

Top Bottom